What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning WD and Bart

Looking at the upcoming event Bart and it kind of looks like you are going to be a busy man over the next few days securing lines and putting the things in order. The outdoor fireworks might be a wet one this year by the looks of Elsa.
 
Morning WD, bart and pepper
 
Good morning, Bill. Are you going foraging today?
 
Good morning, Bill. Are you going foraging today?

Thank you WD
I was looking for the excuse to escape the sanding prep. work of inside trim painting today.

I have to go picking Blackberries! Because the Mrs asked me if we'll get enough to put up in the freezer SO Perfect.....

A foraging I will go, a foraging I will go, I am going to get out.... the foraging I will go.......:hello2:
 
WD,

Yep heading off shortly to pick some more wild black raspberries....no rest for the wicked...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Then when I get back I've got a couple of cabbages to process to get another gallon of sauerkraut going.

In the afternoon I've got to clean 60 plus beer bottles since we're due to bottle another batch tomorrow. See how much fun retirement can be....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Thank you WD
I was looking for the excuse to escape the sanding prep. work of inside trim painting today.

I have to go picking Blackberries! Because the Mrs asked me if we'll get enough to put up in the freezer SO Perfect.....

A foraging I will go, a foraging I will go, I am going to get out.... the foraging I will go.......:hello2:

Lol! Glad I could help get you out of the trim painting. You are just postponing though. I hate painting trim. Always got stuck with that job at the old house.
Hopefully you will see some little friends and get some pics.
 
Well, well, well congrats to you Rusty.
Next you'll be falling head over heals, and hooking up the horse to the carriage.

Now If you can got the gal antiquing with you that's cool, get her digging an old privy out-now that's a keeper in these parts.

She's expressed an interest in it. I honestly can't believe it myself, but I won't complain! :laughing7:


She's had a very traumatic and dark past though, She has already expressed the fact that she likes hanging out with me because I'm not a creep and I'm not there to use her. Which I agree with! Right now we're just friends that like doing and collecting the same things. She just happens to be a girl.
 
RR, I hear you about your friend. We live in a very tough unpleasant world at times…..

I just got a message from a guy who found his sons body a few years ago after suicide asking if scuba diving might help his PTSD.

Simple answer, “ come here and we’ll find out!” I’ll report any success to you all……
 
She's expressed an interest in it. I honestly can't believe it myself, but I won't complain! :laughing7:


She's had a very traumatic and dark past though, She has already expressed the fact that she likes hanging out with me because I'm not a creep and I'm not there to use her. Which I agree with! Right now we're just friends that like doing and collecting the same things. She just happens to be a girl.

They say opposites attract, and you have the same interests in the collecting, I would maybe say you are probably her calm in the storm.
When one feels that it's a great feeling, and it goes pretty deep, if this is a true, I tip my hat at you.
 
Mornin' RC.

Dad's estate sale....There were a bunch of old bottles.
I looked them over and a few caught my eye.
A half century(?) ago give or take and I hauled some boxes of bottles to Dads I'd found from buggy dumps. Some broke on the ride. "Corkers" were just special then. Couldn't find older , so of course they were prizes to a kid digging with sticks.
I'm guessing those were the source of the ones for sale. I left them alone.
Though I might nab a couple if there's still some left. Not sure why , other than the nostalgia.

Two during that era I was hunting bottles , I found in a dirt basement.
Dad put them on a shelf in the bar he worked in.
A guy offered 15 bucks for one , I don't recall how much for the other. That was in the early seventies , so decent money. (!) I'd have probably taken it.
Dad turned him down , and years later (decades maybe) when the bar sold ;the bottles "mysteriously" evaporated.
 
She's expressed an interest in it. I honestly can't believe it myself, but I won't complain! :laughing7:
She's had a very traumatic and dark past though, She has already expressed the fact that she likes hanging out with me because I'm not a creep and I'm not there to use her. Which I agree with! Right now we're just friends that like doing and collecting the same things. She just happens to be a girl.
Good for you RR. Just go slow and you'll be fine. Kind of like driving a boat in unfamiliar waters.
 
Jim,

Good luck with the foraging. Just got back from my short berry picking outing. About 40 oz of wild black raspberries and should be able to get about the same amount tomorrow from another patch nearby.

We keep what we'll use ourselves preserve wise and the missus sells the surplus to friends and accuantances to earn a bit of pocket money and offset the costs of jars, sugar, etc....on the stuff we keep.
 
SADS,

I'm glad you are doing your bit to help out people who are going through a rough time...kudos to you!

RR, I hear you about your friend. We live in a very tough unpleasant world at times…..

I just got a message from a guy who found his sons body a few years ago after suicide asking if scuba diving might help his PTSD.

Simple answer, “ come here and we’ll find out!” I’ll report any success to you all……
 
For my friends and for keeping the Rats at bay in the hold.
Seymour... version number four.
I wonder who will outlive who..:laughing7:
Screenshot_20210702-115512~2.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom