What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Mississippi State Bulldogs NCAA Baseball champs 2021. CCD584F9-A99F-424A-B30F-847BE69EC216.gif
 
Jim,

We'll wait until the end of the month to harvest the garlic....we've already picked the scapes so hopefully the added energy will go into larger bulbs.

We had a tremendous amount of rain yesterday morning and evening it just kept coming in waves. Since it's been so dry the plants and earth just absorbed it up as things were dry this a.m.
 
Jim,

You mention about how the squash and corn is growing great because of the chicken poo....so true.

One of older brothers had the good fortune of planting a garden at a buddy's farm in the country. Everything grew like crazy reason being that site was used to raise pigs for 25 years just imagine the rich manure from all those years...Wow!
 
Neighbour planted his tomato garden in the old cow manure spot.
Huge plants and the reddest tomatoes that never got any blight on them.
Something to be said about the natural fertilizers. :laughing7:
 
Well went out and picked another quart and 1/2 of wild black raspberries after breakfast. Got scratched and bit by mosquitos but it's worth it.

Nothing can match the taste of foraged wild foods.
 
For the love of all things.. please stop sending the cops to my house for welfare checks.
They don't care!
Stop wasting their time!
Even if I was suicidal, just lie and they leave.

And she calls herself a true follower of Jehovah.

Makes me want to shun every God.

If you want to help me dear lady in Seffner, Florida, help me,
Don't hinder me!
 
Mike,

On a lighter note back in my misspent youth I recall getting a knock on the door early one Saturday morning.

Turns out it was a couple of members of your holy roller group.....keep in mind I'd partied until the wee hours and only had a few hours sleep and was a bit upset at getting woken up early.

I asked them if they saved fallen women?....they said yes and my answer was save me 2 and abrupty slammed the door....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Since most of us get scam emails or phone calls thought this one might cheer you up.

 
The fish you are keeping- any big males?

The gene for size is on the male walleye's chromosome. I try relase big males but they are usually hard to sex until you cut them open.

The chain of four lakes that I fish got surveyed about a decade ago, back before the DNR considered walleye "present" as opposed to "none", even though the DNR has been milking the spawn in the spring for the last 30 years at least. When they did the survey they found a ton of big bluegills, and about 40% of the gamefish were large mouth or smallmouth bass, about 40% walleye, and the rest northern pike and trouts. When they did the survey they clipped pectoral fins on the walleye, makes it easier to sort them during the spring milking, left fin for girls and right fin for males. Last clipped fish I saw was about three years ago, a 23" male. But I'm sure there is a clipped 10 year old 28" fish out there- someplace...

They are down there. The hard part is getting them up here. :laughing7:

Okay, so I didn?t know, exactly. I know we catch big females because of the eggs. Mr WD says you can catch big males anytime- up to 26?.The females here are bigger 28?-32?+. I sent you a friend request so you can see my album. Speaking of albums? you have my saw. My initials are right there- WD
Lol
 
For the love of all things.. please stop sending the cops to my house for welfare checks.
They don't care!
Stop wasting their time!
Even if I was suicidal, just lie and they leave.

And she calls herself a true follower of Jehovah.

Makes me want to shun every God.

If you want to help me dear lady in Seffner, Florida, help me,
Don't hinder me!



Oh, I'd never kill myself to save my soul,
I was gone but how was I to know?
I didn't come this far to sink so low,
I'm finally holding on to letting go.
 
I don't know much about condo living. MR WD said that the residents vote on the repairs. Is that so?

It's run like any corporation, annual meeting, special meetings, management company, residents pay for the repairs. It's not foreign owned unless the individual units are-a corporation, company can own an unit. Each building follows the standard condo regulations, then they have there own amendments like "No Dogs".
Here is a snippet of the one that collapsed.
"The estimated cost for repairs had grown to about $15 million by the time the work was approved by the board in 2021, according to an assessment letter obtained by CNN. Those costs would be paid by the residents."
Note some of the board of directors resigned last year over this issue.
 
Boy it was a very hectic day today. I had to play this one multiple times.

 
What's up treasure hunters, thrill seekers and Ship Captains?



Been busy, although I know you've heard that excuse before. I've been cleaning my bottles, buying new ones, paying off the last installment until I get a piece of a Tiger Tank, buying Hopewell/Adena artifacts after being out of the ground for only a few hours, working on bridges, roads, hayfields and forests, and much more. Honestly, I haven't had time to do Jack Shid. I DO however hold the keys to success, a local SanBorn Insurance map from the 1880s, showing where all the privies are! That's pretty cool. Oh, and I got a girlfriend now, we're doing antiquing and fireworks on the Fourth.....


ANYWAY

have lots of pictures to get to. I forgot, I went walking on the Ohio river and found a cool bottle and some bricks that were worth taking home. Those pics coming soon.
 
What's up treasure hunters, thrill seekers and Ship Captains?



Been busy, although I know you've heard that excuse before. I've been cleaning my bottles, buying new ones, paying off the last installment until I get a piece of a Tiger Tank, buying Hopewell/Adena artifacts after being out of the ground for only a few hours, working on bridges, roads, hayfields and forests, and much more. Honestly, I haven't had time to do Jack Shid. I DO however hold the keys to success, a local SanBorn Insurance map from the 1880s, showing where all the privies are! That's pretty cool. Oh, and I got a girlfriend now, we're doing antiquing and fireworks on the Fourth.....


ANYWAY

have lots of pictures to get to. I forgot, I went walking on the Ohio river and found a cool bottle and some bricks that were worth taking home. Those pics coming soon.

Well , there goes Rusty.
Got a girlfriend. Next he'll be .....

Congrats.
Send pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom