THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Here are his sisters.
Screenshot_20210702-183656~2.png
I have to find homes for them.

Thank you for taking care of rescue animals.

Jim,

Good luck with the foraging. Just got back from my short berry picking outing. About 40 oz of wild black raspberries and should be able to get about the same amount tomorrow from another patch nearby.

We keep what we'll use ourselves preserve wise and the missus sells the surplus to friends and accuantances to earn a bit of pocket money and offset the costs of jars, sugar, etc....on the stuff we keep.

Good haul Bill
I got another heavy pint off he garden patch, the bluff going down to the dock a few great produces from last year are zip/gone-as most of the patches around the field-dam caterpillars.
Went over to a permissions farm and they are only starting to turn red, but a bumper crop of bugs waiting to suck my blood.
One of the times where they trying to get the eye lids, nostrils, ears, any bit of skin available.
Felt like running-but not wise in brush covered with Blackberry vines. My one patch by the compost pile is great for big berries and stinging nettles.

Well I invested in some Japanese Beetle traps today, caterpillars are leaving, beetles are moving in.
Had the wild turkey hen in the patch today, she was trying to smash the ground mesh down to get the chicks out.
She flew over and most of the chicks are one side and she was one mad turkey on the other.
So I kept fetching and putting them through the fence to her, she'd charge at me, and by that time I grabbed a few more and they flew down to the ground and took off into the field.
One grab I got 4 in one two handed scoop, then I ducked back behind the corner post.
I know now who has been sniping the raspberries that are ripening. :laughing7:
20210702_142356.jpg

Morning AARC and pepper

Morning Rook, Bill :hello:

Jim,

After breakfast I'll be heading off for another session of picking wild black raspberries....my arms are starting to look like I've been flogged...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:
Today is the day.

No securing lines.....im on a large treasure !! Today is the day !!

The hurricane will have to wait.....im goin for it !!

The hurricane will have to wait.....im goin for it !!
Let's write the new saying book.

"Why wait for a hurricane-DO IT NOW!"

Get on it Bart-good luck. Will be thinking of ya today..:tchest:

20210703_075515.jpg
Sometimes you gotta put on the old work belt, and screw the rest of the world !! Tomorrow I might be a millionaire !!

Enough said time to go do work !! Then I'll think about storms !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back