What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Here I sit broken hearted
Paid my dime
And only......
Wishing appointments weren't between A-Z
Wait, wait, wait

I seen that before...

I used to be one of the degenerates that wrote on the porta-crapper walls at the job site. Mostly office politics though.

"Here I sit tired and dirty, hanging out until 3:30."

But of course- "Those who write on outhouse walls roll their crap into little balls. Those who read these words of wit eat my little balls of ....."

:laughing7:

Man! Sometimes I miss working on buildings. We had fun.
 
Last edited:
Gonna steam up a few italian sausages....I'll roast some potatoes in the air fryer and saute some bell peppers, zucchinni and onions.

An nice easy supper.

The missus just tallied up how much red currants have been harvested so far from the garden 31 lbs and 11 oz. Last year she had 34 lbs & odds are good she'll top that before it's over.

We've already topped last years totals for black currants & wild and cultivated black raspberries....we keep running out of jars for all the jams and jellies....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Gonna steam up a few italian sausages....I'll roast some potatoes in the air fryer and saute some bell peppers, zucchinni and onions.

An nice easy supper.

The missus just tallied up how much red currants have been harvested so far from the garden 31 lbs and 11 oz. Last year she had 34 lbs & odds are good she'll top that before it's over.

We've already topped last years totals for black currants & wild and cultivated black raspberries....we keep running out of jars for all the jams and jellies....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

That's a lot of currents Bill, well done.
Got another pint of black raspberries yesterday and the giant puffball.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-daily-snapshot/657606-way-garden.html
 
Jim,

Now that covid is getting under control the missus is starting to plan her marketing game for selling the surplus jams, jellies, etc...

As a matter of fact spoke to a former neighbour who recently bought an ancestral house along the lake. She ranted about the crabapple jelly I gave her last fall.

I mentioned to her that the missus would probably have some excess to sell shortly....considering she's a director of the legal department at the provincial government probably making big coin odds are she can afford quite a few jars either for herself or gifts.
 
Here I sit broken hearted
Paid my dime
And only......
Wishing appointments weren't between A-Z
Wait, wait, wait

So I got stood up on Saturday for a modem switch out.
I called a few minutes before noon-oh we just received the managers notice that the tech can't make it today.

Fast forward to Monday. they rebooked for today, called after 4pm yesterday to confirm that I was home today, but didn't know what time.
So I called this morning at 8am-Appt was for 1-5pm.
Get this 4.58pm oh sorry the tech can't make it.
Phone Xplorenet and they quickly compensated me another $10 a month for 6 months.

The subcontracting communication company rep by the name of Rick didn't/wasn't sure if the modem work was inside or outside and because it was raining the tech cancelled. :icon_scratch:
I have nothing :dontknow:
At least the tech rep at Xplorenet had a good :laughing7:.
Another case number, more compensation yet for Saturday's missed.
I'm going to ask for some free stock instead....:headbang:
Can't make this stuff up.......
 
Jim,

Now that covid is getting under control the missus is starting to plan her marketing game for selling the surplus jams, jellies, etc...

As a matter of fact spoke to a former neighbour who recently bought an ancestral house along the lake. She ranted about the crabapple jelly I gave her last fall.

I mentioned to her that the missus would probably have some excess to sell shortly....considering she's a director of the legal department at the provincial government probably making big coin odds are she can afford quite a few jars either for herself or gifts.

That sounds like a great plan Bill.
Does the mrs use sugars in the preserves?
A friend started to use Chia seed instead of pectin, swears by it, won't switch back now for anything.
BTW you can thank me later for the watering I'm sending your way. :laughing7:
 
Jim,

Most of the jams and jellies require a certain amount of sugar...the missus tends to go on the low side compared to most recipes.

You can also add lemon juice or pectin made from apple peels and cores for jelling purposes.
 
USVI STT...had nothing but a high sea state...thank goodness...
This place is a shitshow....
they have 400 people here attempting to fix up the M...again...good luck!

Sheet of 3/4 plywood (unrated) is $85, S1 rated is $112 per 4x8 sheet

Bought 2x8 , 4 foot long, 2 of them for $54...
Concrete is $300 per yard for 2000 strength...PLUS delivery!
 
Last edited:
Night Tnet... off to lah lah land.

Been busy so i haven't stayed up here... sorry.

Anyway... Hope everyone is doing well.
 
USVI STT...had nothing but a high sea state...thank goodness...
This place is a shitshow....
they have 400 people here attempting to fix up the M...again...good luck!

Sheet of 3/4 plywood (unrated) is $85
Bought 2x8 , 4 foot long, 2 of them for $54...
Concrete is $300 per yard for 2000 strength...PLUS delivery!

Oh I hear you on the prices of stuff-and they say it's coming down-ya right.
Crazy pricing in he wood, construction materials right now.
The dock we put in last year was done in western red cedar-the contractor said a while back the wood now is $7K more for the same job.
Want a quote on lumber-good till the end of the day.
Total BS this whole sham, just a bunch of lumber brokers milking it till it's dead.
 
Night Tnet... off to lah lah land.

Been busy so i haven't stayed up here... sorry.

Anyway... Hope everyone is doing well.

We hears you Capt. pre/post storm things to do, on top of the regular do-there's only so many hrs in the day.
Have a good zzzz
 
Bryan Adams??
Oh yeh!!!!


 
Arrrr... rrrrrr....... Arrrrrrr...... rrrrr.....rrrrr.......ugg.

(Yawn / stretch / arrgg at the same time)

Morning.
 
Arrrr... rrrrrr....... Arrrrrrr...... rrrrr.....rrrrr.......ugg.

(Yawn / stretch / arrgg at the same time)

Morning.

Show up late.
Show up early!

Same F'in time every night......

laughing11.gif
 
My guitars are jealous....And I'm not a jazz fan!

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom