What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Shepherdess,

Long time no see glad you're getting to spend some quality time with your daughter and good luck with the job search.
 
Howdy Shepherdess-good to hear you're enjoying the family time.
:hello:
Morning ARC, WD, Bart, Bill
 
Good morning RCT
 
Bill Dance is a funny guy. I haven?t seen his show for along time. Al Linder has a great show nowadays. His 2-3 minute talk about life and spirituality at the end of his show is worth watching every day.

Hank Parker :love4:
 
Hank Parker :love4:

I watched the BD video and had a :laughing7:, but the first time hearing the name, as Al Linder, now Hank Parker.
A whole another world it seems that this hermit has never heard or seen.
 
I watched the BD video and had a :laughing7:, but the first time hearing the name, as Al Linder, now Hank Parker.
A whole another world it seems that this hermit has never heard or seen.

30 years +/- ago, Sunday mornings in the winter, that is all we watched. Fishing shows. I don't even know if they still have fishing shows like that on TV. Everything/everyone is on other media outlets.
 
30 years +/- ago, Sunday mornings in the winter, that is all we watched. Fishing shows. I don't even know if they still have fishing shows like that on TV. Everything/everyone is on other media outlets.

30 yrs ago it was a nose to the grindstone for me.
The Mrs had the calendar date circled-"I'm going travelling-If your not ready, I'm going without you"......Buy/sell, buy/sell, buy/sell....made it I was sitting in the seat next to her on the plane.:laughing7:
 
Mike,

Here you go.



Thanks Bill.
I really needed that this morning.
The stress of me caused my Viking to have another seizure.
The song is apt while caressing your wife's cheek asking her to breathe.

Good morning.

I'm really trying hard to not say strange, crazy sounding stuff.
It happens when I am at my limit of stress.
Its why I came back.
 
I can not resist the calm sunny clear conditions today....combine that with a busy 4th weekend and I must try the swim hole !! To nice of a day to work on boats.....there's gold on the bottom out there !!
 
Mornin all.

Had a thought. Then lost it...Oh well.

Here ya go B.C..
Ahh , my 66 Ford Falcon days...

 
[The Denvers moved to Starwood at Christmas 1970, at which time the area had been developed only minimally. They built a five bedroom eco-friendly house and a guest house on the 7.6 acre plot. This mushy, sentimental composition is John Denver's coming home song.]




Starwood in Aspen
John Denver
It's a long way from L.A. to Denver
It's a long time to hang in the sky
It's a long way home to Starwood in Aspen
A sweet Rocky Mountain paradise
Oh, my sweet Rocky Mountain paradise

Springtime is rollin' round slowly
Grey skies are bringin' me down
Can't remember when I've ever been so lonely
I forgot what it's like to be home
Can't remember what it's like to be home

I think on my lady's sweet memories
I think on my children's sweet smiles
I think on my home in Starwood in Aspen
All my friends and the snow covered hills
Oh, my friends are the snow covered hills

And I tell you I'm happy to be here
To share and consider this time
For I see here the shadows of changes
And a feeling of new friends to find
And I see here some new friends to find

It's a long way from this place to Denver
It's a long time to hang in the sky
It's a long way home to Starwood in Aspen
A sweet Rocky Mountain paradise
Oh, my sweet Rocky Mountain paradise

Songwriters: John Denver
 
Last edited:
30 years +/- ago, Sunday mornings in the winter, that is all we watched. Fishing shows. I don't even know if they still have fishing shows like that on TV. Everything/everyone is on other media outlets.
See if you can get WFN (World Fishing Network). All the fishing shows are there. There is one called "Hook And Look" I especially like, because the guy fishes and then scuba dives and films the bass where they are hiding. If you learn one thing from that show, it is that there are always groups of bass in any given spot, never just one.

Bill Dance is a funny guy. I haven?t seen his show for along time. Al Linder has a great show nowadays. His 2-3 minute talk about life and spirituality at the end of his show is worth watching every day.
Both of those shows are on WFN. And I agree, Al Lindner's Christian segment is the best part of the show. Sometimes I get more from that 3 minutes than I do from an hour in church.
 
See if you can get WFN (World Fishing Network). All the fishing shows are there. There is one called "Hook And Look" I especially like, because the guy fishes and then scuba dives and films the bass where they are hiding. If you learn one thing from that show, it is that there are always groups of bass in any given spot, never just one.


Both of those shows are on WFN. And I agree, Al Lindner's Christian segment is the best part of the show. Sometimes I get more from that 3 minutes than I do from an hour in church.

I think we do. We have something that broadcasts the NWT. We watch for people we know. Hubby had like a 4 second spotlight several years ago. His claim to fame.
Now reminder, wife does not get to control the remote. Lol.
 
Here I sit broken hearted
Paid my dime
And only......
Wishing appointments weren't between A-Z
Wait, wait, wait
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom