What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A big :hello: Hello to you Bart.
 
Good morning, me pirate friends!

I seen Bart found some treasure! Congrats!
 
Morning Bill, WD :hello:
 
The Air Show is going on this weekend. Friday, they were practicing. I was driving down a road that is close to the airport. The Thunderbirds were practicing. They came in formation down low to do their low flyby at for the crowd. They crossed over the road right in front of me, about 5 car lengths ahead! It was flipping awesome! All of the years I have watched the show and even gone to it a few times, I have never had such a close encounter! Super cool! The visibility was terrible yesterday, and I didn't hear whether they were flying or grounded. It doesn't look like it is going to be a good day for flying today, either.
 
The Air Show is going on this weekend. Friday, they were practicing. I was driving down a road that is close to the airport. The Thunderbirds were practicing. They came in formation down low to do their low flyby at for the crowd. They crossed over the road right in front of me, about 5 car lengths ahead! It was flipping awesome! All of the years I have watched the show and even gone to it a few times, I have never had such a close encounter! Super cool! The visibility was terrible yesterday, and I didn't hear whether they were flying or grounded. It doesn't look like it is going to be a good day for flying today, either.

Brings back the memory of the Snowbird's 2 Tudor jets that touched and crashed at the 1989 CNE air show in Toronto.
I was selected in a bidding process to do a total dissimilation/destruction process of the 2 jets. (cut into little pieces) so nothing went to souvenir collectors/sellers.
The pilot lost his life in the one jet. It basically came in large gaylord boxes on skids, and then skids of larger parts like the engine, wing assemblies.

I was going through the large boxes and came across the large envelopes that contained all the paperwork/flight manuals/procedures/towers/hazards within the flight range between Trenton and Toronto.
Then there was one bulky envelope (File folder size) I ripped it open and dumped it and 13 plastic bags slid across the unit cement floor.
I started to read the tag ID on the envelopes and when I saw a wiring harness-Thorax-chills ran down my spine and being 3am-I went home to rest.
Called up the base (Downsview) later in the AM and explained what I found-returned the pilot's remains, and received a door slammed in the face thank you.
(So military way of saying thank you):dontknow:

Turns out they had been looking for these envelopes for 5 yrs, the officer just said "You know when a piece of $hit hits the fan-well there's whole dump truck hitting it right now!"
(They were to be buried with the pilots remains)

Over the years it seemed that the bidding process was a lot easier for me. I bought a lot of the Dew Line items over the years, and saw a lot of weird looking items, it was basically what buttered my bread in the early beginnings of the company.
There wasn't anything mentioned about the envelopes for 20 yrs after out of respect of the parties involved.
Just a memory-thought of today.
 
Looks like I'll get my chance at finding the motherload. Start treasure diving in August with bronze cannon corp.....very promising mag data on one of our bronze cannon lines....following 2 separate debri trails has led to 2 separate wrecks ?? We think ?? I will start diving the clusters with metal detectors and handheld mags very soon. Is it the "el angel bueano" , and the "concepcion" ?? We will find out !!
 
It doesn't look like it is going to be a good day for flying today, either.

This is fishing weather or at least it was around here right up until about fifteen minutes after the wind changed from north to north east. This morning I ran the skiff over a school of walleye in about 12 feet of water. Stopped the boat and started casting, picked up three around 17"-17-1/2". Released them all. I'm surprised they didn't spook. After that I had a depth to work with- 12' - so I anchored in another spot and ended up with a 23-3/4" walleye. Biggest of the year, so far.

Walleye for lunch after church. : )
 
Looks like I'll get my chance at finding the motherload. Start treasure diving in August with bronze cannon corp.....very promising mag data on one of our bronze cannon lines....following 2 separate debri trails has led to 2 separate wrecks ?? We think ?? I will start diving the clusters with metal detectors and handheld mags very soon. Is it the "el angel bueano" , and the "concepcion" ?? We will find out !!

Well for you guys who wonder what its like to suit up and dive for wrecks that have the potential to be the oldest, most historically significant, and the richest in U.S. history.....well....it's fuc.ing exciting man !! Everytime im sitting on deck with my suit peeled back, and were motoring to the next set of numbers.....you can't help but get giddy with the potential of finding one of the all time greatest treasure discoveries !! Its an honor to even participate in the search !! Ironically I have a friend who is certain that they have the same 2 wrecks in the bahamas !! Somehow I'm destined to dive on these 2 wrecks no matter which team is right.....very very weird circumstance !!
 
Best of luck Bart with your upcoming dives.
Bring it on !!!!
 
With the boss at work we have been freediving shells....when we see them !! Shooting hogfish too !! 20210711_113402.webp
 
Got my saw serviced.....im ready to cut a major backlog of mahogany logs !! Been working quietly on some fine furniture at night also !!20210613_182502.webp20210613_182531.webp20210613_182439.webp castle joints and turned legs !! This tree grew at the local church....harvested and cut back in 2018 !!
 
Bart,

Beauty of a shell....we have a Queen Conch shell we kept from a trip to the Bahamas.
 
Picked another 3 cups of wild black raspberries this a.m. The various berries we've been picking domestic and wild are running out of steam. Another week tops and that shoud be it.

Then I can start focusing on some dirt fishing again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom