What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Jim,

Good haul of blueberries for the larder....I see you're doing like the squirrels and loading up for winter....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Jim,

Good haul of blueberries for the larder....I see you're doing like the squirrels and loading up for winter....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Thanks Bill
I think I will dehydrate some of these, and make some jam out of the stock from last year.
Just put it in the summer kitchen and let simmer down to pure jam, no sugar added.
Might infuse a partial batch with some maple syrup.
I've noticed that squirrels eat, chipmunks just stash the foods.:dontknow:
Remember that video on harvesting the garlic?
Just did a bunch that I went weed pulling.
Wild carrot was 3-6ft high, garlic was happy.
Insulated gloves for the nettles that are the guards.
Jewel weed is 7ft high along the edge, and throughout everything.
Can't complain I found tomato plants in the jungle.
So the dude said garlic doesn't like weeds, I have to wonder.
Full on cherry, peaches, apricots, plums, blueberries, raspberries now.
It us the season to put the goodies up for the winter once again.
 
Morning RC
Hope all is going well for you.
 
Looks like the 'gun haters' at NBC are not airing any Olympic Shooting events . Here is a taste of her shooting 4 months ago .
>>
 
GMorn everbody, nice cool morning before 100 this afternoon. My dad was a berry picker, juiced and made jelly/syrup. He also made hot horseradish that would burn your nostrils dry.
I never lock my pickup doors, I never pull the key. I figure if some desperate criminal needs a ride, take it and get away from here.
WD come back!
Have a great day!

Edit... I couldn?t find and wondered about the Roger...
 
GMorn everbody, nice cool morning before 100 this afternoon. My dad was a berry picker, juiced and made jelly/syrup. He also made hot horseradish that would burn your nostrils dry.
I never lock my pickup doors, I never pull the key. I figure if some desperate criminal needs a ride, take it and get away from here.
WD come back!
Have a great day!

Edit... I couldn?t find and wondered about the Roger...

Its streaming on fire-stick
 
So... this is the first time i have ever actually tuned in to "Shark Week"...

Been interesting... dont agree with some of the theories... but majority yes.

The shark attack ones were pretty crazy...

Then... something happened...

I got out of the shower and heard something familiar... was the sound of a movie i recognized very well FOR... i have seen it a hundred times it seems...

So i say to my other half... "look whats playing... i will change it in a minute since we have seen it so many times"...

Needless to say...

And hour nd a half later... we were still watching intently... never changed it... got sucked in... to one of the best movies...

And part of the Shark week thingy...

91rw-viq-bl._ac_sy879_-1.webp
 
Damn movie still is great and will suck ya in.

heh
 
Anyway... off to get horizontal... c u n am.
 
Two young boys walked into a pharmacy one day, picked out a box of tampons and proceeded to the checkout counter.
The pharmacist at the counter asked the older boy, 'Son, how old are you?'
'Eight', the boy replied.
The man continued, 'Do you know what these are used for?'
The boy replied, 'Not exactly, but they aren't for me. They're for him. He's my brother. He's four."
"Oh, really?" the pharmacist replied with a grin.
"Yes." the boy said. "We saw on TV that if you use these, you would be able to swim, play tennis and ride a bike. Right now, he can't do none of those."
1f602.png
1f602.png

★
 
I have kind of been keeping an eye/ear open on the stories regarding the forest fires out west.
The fire crews found a hiker that has been lost for two weeks, and the news article has his photo and where he was found.
The mrs kind of commented the fellow had pretty big ears.
I was reading and well-a person can't make these things up.:laughing7:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ire-crews-responding-to-bc-wildfire-1.6114642
 
Jim,

Surprising he survived all that time in the wilderness...if you've got some street smarts it's doable most city folks wouldn't survive in a forest environment for that long.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom