What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Sounds like you had a entertaining trip WD, fishing and getting the boot from the spot.
Drunken sand fleas, probably a fine for giving alcohol to a minor.
Good to see you got home safe and sound, a little roasted around the ears, but smiling.
 
ECS,

Yep everything is under control.....lol

N7REVAu2DJYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=


Our Governor Ron DeSantis says everything will be OK and send in the tourists!
No worries, Be HAPPY!
 
A bit of a snippet on how they cut up the 8 real coins for change.

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/58540/how-did-people-cut-pieces-of-eight

Yes... blacksmiths were well versed in cutting metals... and i know that this site is out there along with other sources that say the same thing..

BUT in reality...

on the fly... no anvil or blacksmith around... you did it on the spot any way you could.

People did not go find the blacksmith for change... so again... Conjecture.

I for one believe that MOST coinage was not in fact cut by blacksmiths.

Simple process that took mere seconds as opposed to the rig-a-mo row of finding the blacksmith... not only that... but imagine you are that blacksmith.

There would be a sur-charge involved... no blacksmith would cut coins all day for nothing... they were busy.. usually very busy.

A simple strike and wah lah... change is made.
 
Last edited:
"We have assumed control, we have assumed control, we have assumed control"
- Closing lyrics of "2112"- RUSH
 
This afternoon fired up a half gallon of dill pickles in the fermenter.

I was told by several people that I shared them with I should be selling them.
 
ECS,

Some of their fans put them in the same league as Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin.



I saw RUSH perform 2112 live on the Farewell To Kings Tour and the Hemispheres Tour.
2112 is such a great work of rock scifi, and RUSH, just incredible live!
 
I saw RUSH perform 2112 live on the Farewell To Kings Tour and the Hemispheres Tour.
2112 is such a great work of rock scifi, and RUSH, just incredible live!

I traded my / the only Rush tickets off... regrettably.
 
Morn.
 
Yes... blacksmiths were well versed in cutting metals... and i know that this site is out there along with other sources that say the same thing..

BUT in reality...

on the fly... no anvil or blacksmith around... you did it on the spot any way you could.

People did not go find the blacksmith for change... so again... Conjecture.

I for one believe that MOST coinage was not in fact cut by blacksmiths.

Simple process that took mere seconds as opposed to the rig-a-mo row of finding the blacksmith... not only that... but imagine you are that blacksmith.

There would be a sur-charge involved... no blacksmith would cut coins all day for nothing... they were busy.. usually very busy.

A simple strike and wah lah... change is made.

No one ever asks me "why"... heh

Why do you think that ARC ?

:/

There is a very simple answer that backs my theory... based on... Empirical fact(s).

First and foremost... and in case i have to point it out... for it is always in the details that most seem to overlook when the obvious somehow eludes the scholars.

Forensics 101 for beginners really...

And I will use the picture that was posted on the link that Bill used.

k...

Ps7Ih.webp

DOES THIS COIN LOOK LIKE A CHISEL... OR... a knife blade made this cut ?

And... IMO.... the more V shaped... was fatter blade... LIKE... big fat bowie blade... OR... even a wack on the spine... OF... guess what !

Also something that was commonly carried...

A SWORD... heh.

Lets just say... I saw it once in a dream.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom