What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Off to be a Wizard.
 
Hello and good morning peeps :hello:
 
No word from Mary so it ain't looking good:dontknow:
 
Goofy fawn laying down chewing on my 55 yard pellet rifle targets (2 tennis balls suspended by wires):icon_scratch::laughing7::tongue3: 003.webp
 
...GMorn everbody, the heavens unloaded last night, almost 3 inches of wet gold. That should wash out a few artifacts some place along my route, it will take a few days to dry up enough to get to the good spots.
I picked up an old 24 foot pontoon boat without a motor, needs a lot of work. I now have tiny house on a pontoon, private floating island, dock, on the brain. Lots of ideas on www to look at.
Have a great weekend!
 
...GMorn everbody, the heavens unloaded last night, almost 3 inches of wet gold. That should wash out a few artifacts some place along my route, it will take a few days to dry up enough to get to the good spots.
I picked up an old 24 foot pontoon boat without a motor, needs a lot of work. I now have tiny house on a pontoon, private floating island, dock, on the brain. Lots of ideas on www to look at.
Have a great weekend!

Convert it to this w/the barn wood :)

 
Mornin all.

Cutting silver. Hmmm.
Guess it would depend on where we are and what tools are at hand.
I'd want to use a file to put enough of a kerf in a coin before folding/breaking it. Them smooth the edges. And keep the filings for my troubles! :skullflag:
 
Beautiful day here today mix of sun and cloud and relatively cool. Managed to get the front lawn done this a.m. and will be tackling the back lawn shortly.

On the menu tonight....have a couple of baked chicken legs I'll be cubing up, add in some bowtie pasta, cukes and cherry tomatoes chopped up, green onions, seasonings and some home made dressing. A mix of leaf lettuce and chickory for a side salad.
 
Every day I am reminded that life ain't fair. I went to my friends house to help out with cleanup after we had a major storm roll through. Instead, I am left to repair a creek crossing and bridge that washed out all by myself, while he goes chasing tail if you get my implied meaning elsewhere, and my other buddy ditched to go to a concert. I worked all day and partway into the night, but got it all done and fixed. I was exhausted, by got showered and drove all the way across the county to visit my favorite cashier and made her laugh at poorly constructed, but somehow well delivered jokes. At least I got that bit of satisfaction.

Today I continued by helping my ever so happy friend with treestands, but walked to each one while he and the concert going friend rode on an ATV. I clocked in seven miles today. When I get home, I am yelled at for not cutting the grass, and one of my parents had to do it. What would you like, a medal? No empathy for someone completely sore and worn out. Tomorrow I',m driving to Pennsylvania. Maybe I'll get some peace and quiet up there, but I doubt it.
 
Rusty,

Life ain't always fair....pick your spots on who and when to help out. No fun being taken advantage of.
 
Every day I am reminded that life ain't fair. I went to my friends house to help out with cleanup after we had a major storm roll through. Instead, I am left to repair a creek crossing and bridge that washed out all by myself, while he goes chasing tail if you get my implied meaning elsewhere, and my other buddy ditched to go to a concert. I worked all day and partway into the night, but got it all done and fixed. I was exhausted, by got showered and drove all the way across the county to visit my favorite cashier and made her laugh at poorly constructed, but somehow well delivered jokes. At least I got that bit of satisfaction.

Today I continued by helping my ever so happy friend with treestands, but walked to each one while he and the concert going friend rode on an ATV. I clocked in seven miles today. When I get home, I am yelled at for not cutting the grass, and one of my parents had to do it. What would you like, a medal? No empathy for someone completely sore and worn out. Tomorrow I',m driving to Pennsylvania. Maybe I'll get some peace and quiet up there, but I doubt it.

Time to call a work party at your place Rusty.

Or you could drive to Michigan....
I salvaged some lumber to build a hunting blind with. I might have enough for a large bird house so far from the small trailer load....
Old deck joists mostly. A gazillion rusty (your namesake) screws.
I cleaned four or five planks of fasteners using a pair of worn vice-grips and a pair of equally worn fencing pliers. Enough for tonight. L.o.l..
I'll be charging my outdated drill/driver with the worn out bit before returning to the pile...
 
Rusty,

Life ain't always fair....pick your spots on who and when to help out. No fun being taken advantage of.

Be careful! It is *we* who teach people how to treat us! Allow them to get away with the current treatment, teach them its ok to treat you as such.
 
Rusty,

Life ain't always fair....pick your spots on who and when to help out. No fun being taken advantage of.

Especially when I either get

A. a rash of crap from my parents for not working enough which is bs, or

B. Get laughed at by my friends who make fun of the fact that I don't like hanging around people, refuse to go to parties or anything, and remain single.



On the first count, all I do is work. I work at home, I work at my friends house, I help on another guys property, I manage a property for a congressman for crying out loud! On the second count, it's just not who I am. I friend-zone every girl I meet and I am okay with that. I don't like hanging around people because the more I do, the more I realize I don't like people.

I like to live by the rule, "None of your business, just leave alone."
 
Every day I am reminded that life ain't fair. I went to my friends house to help out with cleanup after we had a major storm roll through. Instead, I am left to repair a creek crossing and bridge that washed out all by myself, while he goes chasing tail if you get my implied meaning elsewhere, and my other buddy ditched to go to a concert. I worked all day and partway into the night, but got it all done and fixed. I was exhausted, by got showered and drove all the way across the county to visit my favorite cashier and made her laugh at poorly constructed, but somehow well delivered jokes. At least I got that bit of satisfaction.

Today I continued by helping my ever so happy friend with treestands, but walked to each one while he and the concert going friend rode on an ATV. I clocked in seven miles today. When I get home, I am yelled at for not cutting the grass, and one of my parents had to do it. What would you like, a medal? No empathy for someone completely sore and worn out. Tomorrow I',m driving to Pennsylvania. Maybe I'll get some peace and quiet up there, but I doubt it.

It was mom huh?

Meh, i done worse to my Mom. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom