What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7



Some extremely prudent advice.

G'night.
 
One time in band camp...

oh wait... wrong story...

One time in the RCT...

Bah...

Good morning. :P
 
Good morning RCT and ARC
 
Good morning ARC and rook and all ye other pirates!
Time to make coffee.
 
Morning Rook and WD.
 
Good morning Arc, WD, Rook :hello:
 
That was some freaking strong storm-front yesterday at 5.HEAVY rain,close to hurricane winds.We were close to taking shelter downstairs.After it passed the temp dropped from 95 to 85 w/in 15 minutes.Don't know how we didn't lose power. Leaves/branches all over the yard..Rained so hard the 6" gutters looked like one big waterfall.:icon_scratch:
 


Some extremely prudent advice.

G'night.


In a world of politics, racism, and crime.....I find myself watching alot of star trek and very little news, or late night shows !! We have a channel that starts at 8 with the original star trek, then 9 is next generation, then 10 is deep space nine, then 11 is star trek voyager, and midnight is enterprise. This is my routine at night now !!
 
Our treasure attorney Dave Horan has petitioned the courts for us to have the Isaac allertons anchor salvaged. We now have to come up with a salvage plan and get this anchor up and out of the water....she's a beast and is planned to go between the mel fisher museum and the shipwreck museum....it will be the largest anchor on display in the keys. Its a beast built for a 500 ton sailing ship !!
 
Multi ton, 22 ft long, admiralty pattern anchor !! Just the challenge of raising it has me interested. Gonna be a challenge. I believe we can make it happen but its gonna be a mission with 2 teams of divers working on it.
 
Hard to believe that we missed a whole season due to covid....not much got done last year with pandemic except magnetometer work !!
 
Havnt herd from Mr. Dan porter in a while....he's gone dark on everyone....that can only mean one thing....he's on the treasure. I already see a coin or 2 popping up on instagam. I know he and Carl Allen are working furiously on the marivilles spanish galleon right now. If I know Dan he singularly focused on the 400 pound gold statue of the Madonna. If anyone can find it he can !! People have been looking for that statue for years !!
 
Bart,

That's one big anchor....good luck on rising it out of the depths. You're going to need some big pontoons to help lift that baby out!

Multi ton, 22 ft long, admiralty pattern anchor !! Just the challenge of raising it has me interested. Gonna be a challenge. I believe we can make it happen but its gonna be a mission with 2 teams of divers working on it.
 
In a world of politics, racism, and crime.....I find myself watching alot of star trek and very little news, or late night shows !! We have a channel that starts at 8 with the original star trek, then 9 is next generation, then 10 is deep space nine, then 11 is star trek voyager, and midnight is enterprise. This is my routine at night now !!

I have pretty well done the same, turned the switch off for the outside world a year ago. I let snippets in, and it's on a limited basis as it seems that it's all the same just another calendar day.
Many years ago I was feeling that also, and turned the station to the opposite news-then it was too 180 degree turn to the point of gag me.(Too positive :laughing7: )

Though there seems to be headlines in the Goodnews site that are ok, not the so nice that it's way over the top unrealistic.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

I'm thinking this would a great solution for ditching the task of mowing the lawn

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/benefits-of-growing-a-moss-garden-or-lawn/

Rum cringes at the thought-whiskey did it first

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/glenfiddich-launches-fleet-of-trucks-that-runs-on-whiskey-waste/

I never really understood the reason why the masses are fed such negativity throughout our lives by the media. :dontknow:

I guess that's the reason for cable TV

In 2017, there were 1,761 commercial television stations on the air in the United States, slightly fewer than in previous years but still over a thousand more than in 2000.

We snipped that cable addiction 8 yrs ago-wow what a stress reliever of no back ground noise-the money saved actually is amazing as the package was around $115 - 8 yrs ago.
So the math says $11K in savings for not watching a bunch of $hit.
Tech is a great thing-but a time waster also when it fails to deliver.

Yesterday I called our cell phone provider-"It seems to me that you as a provider forgot to compensate me for the poor service that you provide."
(The tech. department cannot upgrade the service for my home location-hence the dropped/low reception.)

"What are you going to do for me today?"

Answer: "Sir we are going to give you $450.00 credit for this." :hello2: Now that was a good-news day for me....



 
Multi ton, 22 ft long, admiralty pattern anchor !! Just the challenge of raising it has me interested. Gonna be a challenge. I believe we can make it happen but its gonna be a mission with 2 teams of divers working on it.

Winch or air bag lift?

What would do?
 
Looks like I'll be skipping my morning walk the grass is getting long from the heat and intermittent rain. Currently 75f with humidex 95f and rain forecast this afternoon.

So grass mowing this a.m.....I'll probably be drenched but that'll help sweat out my sins....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I'll have to flip the compost over first to accomodate the grass clippings.
 
"Deep Sea Salvage".... S1-E3... on the weather channel,you guys gotta watch this show.This week they got to salvage the "Golden Ray" a 600 ft. plus cargo ship that capsized off the Georgia coast in 2019
With 4,000 plus new cars onboard
Also on the same episode,(off the coast of NJ) they had to raise a 30 ton anchor,they think belonged to a aircraft carrier
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom