THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I put in a 12 hr day in the kitchen yesterday. Crazy long and I gave up as I was too tired to carry on finishing the ketchup recipe one.
Though I did a Blueberry/maple syrup blend candy mixture-11 hrs
Did a -1/2 batch of Jim-Jim bars up-with an extra punch of ginger x 2.
Threw them in the freezer-even the Mrs popped a bite size piece in the mouth this am and went yummy!

Getting ready for a little get together celebration event this coming weekend.

Reducing 20+ lbs of tomatoes to a paste, hydro co. is loving us.
Now it's in the oven getting reduced a tad more-then back on the stove-then canned.
Reducing the salts and honey content from the original recipe.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/622622-gifs-pics-more-248.html

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Some one puts me on a gold coin site , I'd be obliged to put them on one of my better sites in exchange. Unless they wrestle the coin away from me.
Bot , gold coins seem to be little in the way of detecting here.

Getting warm and humid again.
Tractor on the trailer waiting to get hauled to tall fields to mow. We'll see....

Great night.
Midnight moon low to the South through the trees.
Tree frog symphony going strong.

One tree frog was on the ledge above the shed doors yesterday during the day. He just flattened out as I went in and out of the shed.
A couple nights ago ( the same one possibly) left the side of the house where it shaded all day in the flowers and came up on the ramp.
It tried to cross the door threshold when I was going back in the house and succeeded.
When I grabbed it it peed on me... I lobbed it to the ground and it must have relocated.
I could hear it distinctively from the sheds direction during last nights activity.
Ahh. Summer night.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

I see you're hoarding up your winter supplies with all the cooking going on.

RC,
Maybe the tree frog peeing on you is good luck time to buy a lottery ticket....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mornin all.

Some one puts me on a gold coin site , I'd be obliged to put them on one of my better sites in exchange. Unless they wrestle the coin away from me.
Bot , gold coins seem to be little in the way of detecting here.

Getting warm and humid again.
Tractor on the trailer waiting to get hauled to tall fields to mow. We'll see....

Great night.
Midnight moon low to the South through the trees.
Tree frog symphony going strong.

One tree frog was on the ledge above the shed doors yesterday during the day. He just flattened out as I went in and out of the shed.
A couple nights ago ( the same one possibly) left the side of the house where it shaded all day in the flowers and came up on the ramp.
It tried to cross the door threshold when I was going back in the house and succeeded.
When I grabbed it it peed on me... I lobbed it to the ground and it must have relocated.
I could hear it distinctively from the sheds direction during last nights activity.
Ahh. Summer night.

Hi RC
Now what's up with these peeing frogs?
I opened the sliding door last night and a frog jumped in.
I made a grab at it-got a handful of pee.
It then jumped a good 4 ft, to the corner, cat went fling off the table, to grab frog.
I grabbed the cat with dry hand, cat wet, hissed.
Frog now over by the stairs, the mrs got it outside-now before it peed on her, floor, and container.
Amazing amount it had stored up-and certainly a long ways from being house trained. :laughing7:

Cat had to wiped down, I washed, the mrs, the floor, container. The frog was a little over 1" !!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,

I see you're hoarding up your winter supplies with all the cooking going on.

RC,
Maybe the tree frog peeing on you is good luck time to buy a lottery ticket....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Maybe the tomato paste/ketchup might make it through to the winter.

But the Jim-Jim bars are half spoken for for Birthday/anniversary gifts.

The nuts with the blueberry candy-well they seem to disappear faster than a crack would.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe the pee is acidic or bitter or something. I'm not going to experiment with it...
But it could deter a critter mouthing a frog...Maybe. Would deter me!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The missus had her preserve sale at one of the retirement homes in our area. She sells off some of our surplus for some pocket money.

Last year about 60 jars if I recall plus she brought along some home made fudge which will be snapped up quick I'm sure.

So I'm on kitchen duty for supper so mediterranean it is. I already whipped up some home made tsiziki, I'll be making some greek salad and switching up the feta cheese for the soft mazzerela. Have a ripe avacado so I'll make a batch of guacamole and we'll use some wraps for starch.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a great pleasure to take Bart to my favourite spot, he got this!!

Not tell? He was running around the beach yelling like a lottery winner!

View attachment 1943201

Yup....let me tell you whadi....it was a great honor to have Kevin show me a possible spot where a gold coin could be found. When that gold coin came up I was so happy and thrilled that the only way I could possibly show my gratitude and appreciation was to at least leave him the equinox detector so he could continue to use it at the spot. I really only had a few days to see the island and detect on my own time. So yes I was hopeing to unearth more coins for everyone to get one.....that is goal 1....let's all get 1 and then go for round 2 right !! But in the end only silver coin was found, and it was damaged. So I'm very excited for that machine to be used and appreciated in a continuing search, and since then I've already got a big platinum and diamond ring that more than makes up for the cost of buying a new machine !! I hope to return sometime and bring those boys a couple more machines and hunt the beaches with good friends that great memories have been made with !! The whole experience, location, circumstances and friends that were there for my first gold coin is just surreal, and make me smile instantly !! I could not have scripted a scenario of how and where and who would be there with me....woooo hoooo that was a blast in a beautiful place....a dream come true just like I always wanted it to happen !! So let's all root for Kevin to find some more....I hope I narrowed the search for more to be found !! And to be truthful....for once kevins face was frozen in disbelief, and even if he could have spoken no one would have herd him over my screaming and hollering !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You liked that treasure find,you'll like this one.Jim Morrison's GT-500 Mustang found in a open field in Texas ,where it sat for decades.
>> https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/50-years-jim-morrisons-death-1967-shelby-gt500/

Full story is on Motor trend TV channel.On Auto/Biography show,S2-E6

Sorry that wasn't Morrison's mustang .That was Shelby's .Here is the story on "little Red"
>> https://www.foxnews.com/auto/little...-found-after-50-years-could-be-worth-millions

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a heads up with all the security breaches going on these days make sure to check your credit card statements closely.

My credit card had a billing amount of $39.95 u.s. for some subscription or other. It was some billing agency or other so I sent them an email stating that I hadn't authorized the charges and to cancel the subscription and refund the amount.

Within an hour I received a confirmation that it was to be taken care of and my card credited.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for horizontal-ness.

C u n am

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next weekend buddy will deliver another bottle of.....

attachment.php

We trade it for other products, wood, herbalists like making their magic potions, great disinfectant, maybe an octane booster as well.

I can't get enough of that ever clear. I like to half it with water and swig it at room temperature. If you drink it straight up you might burn through you esophagus. Possibly fatally. :tard:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a heads up with all the security breaches going on these days make sure to check your credit card statements closely.

My credit card had a billing amount of $39.95 u.s. for some subscription or other. It was some billing agency or other so I sent them an email stating that I hadn't authorized the charges and to cancel the subscription and refund the amount.

Within an hour I received a confirmation that it was to be taken care of and my card credited.

Nice recovery Bill, I guess you had to cancel that subscription on the dirty dirt magazine, when the Mrs caught you?
Guessing that you'll just have to read the gardening mag. online now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread