What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning, er evening. Whichever time zone you are in. On my errand yesterday, we found a huge antique shop. It wasn?t all antiques but it was neatly arranged and clean. My dad and I were in awe. He only had his cane so we were only able to go down a couple rows. He is ready to go back with his walker with the seat so he can take breaks. I told the Mr that we volunteer to run to that boat store anytime as long as I do not have to pull the boat. Anyway, I picked up a much needed mirror for the rum room and will post it on the other thread. You guys once asked me what I think is hot (paraphrasing). Yep, this guy! Lol


http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/622622-gifs-pics-more-667.html#post6807146
 
Last edited:
I researched living in Equador, there is a large expat group living there and it is pretty cheap. I was looking at the Cuenca area, it sits in the lower Andes and you can live really well on $2000 a month.

Belize is about the same.
 
GMorn everbody, the heavens are unloading here, about 3 inches it looks like in bucket outside my door.
2 grand to live a month in 3rd world luxury? 15-18 hundred per month and you could live in town here, in season it has a free park and swimming pool and a walmart and bowling ally 30 short miles from home, too close really...

Ah, but it is not tropical.
 
I researched living in Equador, there is a large expat group living there and it is pretty cheap. I was looking at the Cuenca area, it sits in the lower Andes and you can live really well on $2000 a month.
Thanks...I am planning a trip to check it out...Manta especially....
Yes, you could live really, really well for $2000 per month. (keep in mind that the $2000 per month (2 people) would include everything from rent, electricity, internet, food, health insurance...entertainment) health insurance alone in the US for 2 people would be $2000...

its pretty easy to find quite a bit on the beach for less than $600 per month...but have to set boots on the ground...

to purchase a new 2 bdrm 2 bath condo on the beach, furnished, was $158K!

Was noticing rates on Cert of Deposit are fantastic...insured, and the lowest was Citibank at 5.5%...other banks went to 9.5%

Getting a little nervous on this Larry..the predicted trajectory is inching South by the day....the way they are lining up...the next ones gonna be a problem
 
Last edited:
For the gardeners on the thread....now I'm off to mow the lawn and then whip up some apple sauce for breakfast fruit.


 
IMLLTHO....

The masks do not prevent getting covid nor does the vaccines.

But....this virus is spread, (amongst other things), mainly by one person spitting on another by talking to them. You ever try to spit on someone? Wearing a "face diaper"?!?

And.....2nd....every single time a virus is spread from one person to another, the chance of a mutation goes up.

The vaccines, while not a preventative of getting, they *sure do* aid in keeping it as minimal as possible.

No matter what is said, there are some people who just "know" better than the rest of the world. They convince themselves and *that* is all that is necessary........for them.

It's the rest of the people who wind up with a "zeta" variant that can NOT be minimalized/stopped anymore because of their "knowledge".

Won't matter once mankind is extinct, now will it? The animals are already celebrating!
 
Last edited:
WIF,

Well said....refusing to follow medical science and taking all kinds of questionable alternative self medication options is kind of like asking a plumber for advice when you have an electrical problem.....I just made that one up by the way.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
On the menu tonight baked shrimp greek style with tomato sauce and feta cheese. On the side some roasted corn salsa with lots of garlic, lime juice, jalepeno peppers and sliced cherry tomatoes from the garden.
 
Nice Bill!
Coconut shrimp with a home made mango chuntney for me....
 
Bart,

This one's for you on the rustic side but kind of neat seeing some dead olive trees being put to good use.

 
G night T net Crew.

C u n am
 
Morning, Pepper. Say, are those caterpillar pics what you have seen around your place?

The Banded Tussock was on the door handle of the Tundra, the orange one was in the Tomato row.
 
Morning T crew.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom