THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

So that's what the D stands for Dorothy.
Now the W stands for?
Wild
WINDY
Wonderful
WONDERING
Whimsical
Wishful
Ok! You got me! *I* am WD too! That's what the "W" stands for......"WIF". :dontknow:

:angel12:

Good morning, ARC.

1648195117056.gif

Good morning, hope everyone is doing well. Work was hectic yesterday. My step father the owner of the business was stressed so I was getting chewed out every few minutes which was pleasant I understand how stressed he was but is a little tough when I'm working my butt off to get chewed out for nothing. Had an incident in between all that where someone helping that was watching the smoker left and didn't tell anyone so pulled pork was left over cooking I was sent to pull it all out so it had to be done fast I stack them on top of each other because I had no space. The guy shows back up that caused the issue and has the audacity to tell me I shouldn't stack them that it's common sense. Well I had no space and it needed to be done asap because his mistake so he got a firm f off from me I wasn't having it. Got through that incident. Once food was done we broke into two groups I went with my step dad to another town to serve 300 food and that ride had me anxious because he was so grumpy from stress. But we busted it out and got it done no problem. The main group did their 1000 meals at home base no problem. Got back had to clean up and had a ton of left overs. We got left overs to the local police and fire stations. All in all was a good thing despite the hard day got the police Explores group a good amount of money raised. Got home at 9:30 gave my neighbor and his family leftovers he talked me to death till 10 and I then had to workout still got done at 11:30 so I'm tired lol

Good morning, hope everyone is doing well. Work was hectic yesterday. My step father the owner of the business was stressed so I was getting chewed out every few minutes which was pleasant I understand how stressed he was but is a little tough when I'm working my butt off to get chewed out for nothing. Had an incident in between all that where someone helping that was watching the smoker left and didn't tell anyone so pulled pork was left over cooking I was sent to pull it all out so it had to be done fast I stack them on top of each other because I had no space. The guy shows back up that caused the issue and has the audacity to tell me I shouldn't stack them that it's common sense. Well I had no space and it needed to be done asap because his mistake so he got a firm f off from me I wasn't having it. Got through that incident. Once food was done we broke into two groups I went with my step dad to another town to serve 300 food and that ride had me anxious because he was so grumpy from stress. But we busted it out and got it done no problem. The main group did their 1000 meals at home base no problem. Got back had to clean up and had a ton of left overs. We got left overs to the local police and fire stations. All in all was a good thing despite the hard day got the police Explores group a good amount of money raised. Got home at 9:30 gave my neighbor and his family leftovers he talked me to death till 10 and I then had to workout still got done at 11:30 so I'm tired lol
Morning John
At least you got it done.
And within your pay grade.

Morning John
At least you got it done.
And within your pay grade.
Yeah it got done and all in the end went well. I'm pretty used to big events getting a little hectic and just working through it. Heck we had to do a wedding one time on 109 degree day now that was something else and everyone was hot and in terrible moods not to mention our colors for formal events are black formal clothes it was highly unpleasant.

Brother in law with recent brain bleeds is struggling...
His career has been catering. His mother started it loooong ago.

His daughters wedding was catered by others.
Yep. He spent more time grumbling about that catering during the event than he did everything else. L.o.l.. Who didn't see that coming?

How people deal with stress is more interesting when you're not involved.
You were involved....
Your stepfather knows you are not his personal punching bag. You were just in range.
And sometimes...Folks can let the pursuit of unrealistic perfection get in the way of what is good or great.

Stress in former jobs when overloaded with work I used to "demand" double the pay for double the work.
No , it seldom resulted in more pay. (Did have one fun / serious raise and back pay when doing more work than another shop in the same company , but that's another story). But saying double the pay for double the work did get those trying to crack the whip to consider not pushing an issue. They weren't my stepdad though.

Brother in law with recent brain bleeds is struggling...
His career has been catering. His mother started it loooong ago.

His daughters wedding was catered by others.
Yep. He spent more time grumbling about that catering during the event than he did everything else. L.o.l.. Who didn't see that coming?

How people deal with stress is more interesting when you're not involved.
You were involved....
Your stepfather knows you are not his personal punching bag. You were just in range.
And sometimes...Folks can let the pursuit of unrealistic perfection get in the way of what is good or great.

Stress in former jobs when overloaded with work I used to "demand" double the pay for double the work.
No , it seldom resulted in more pay. (Did have one fun / serious raise and back pay when doing more work than another shop in the same company , but that's another story). But saying double the pay for double the work did get those trying to crack the whip to consider not pushing an issue. They weren't my stepdad though.
I don't blame him for the stress he works pretty much nonstop. Two jobs because well California and covid. Just trying to fight to keep his business. When he isn't doing catering he's a ranch hand. So just constant work for him. I just ignore it when he's snaps at me because I know he's stress and doesn't mean it just when you have so much going on and things need to go right it gets that way especially with things like this.

I don't blame him for the stress he works pretty much nonstop. Two jobs because well California and covid. Just trying to fight to keep his business. When he isn't doing catering he's a ranch hand. So just constant work for him. I just ignore it when he's snaps at me because I know he's stress and doesn't mean it just when you have so much going on and things need to go right it gets that way especially with things like this.
You seem to have a solid grasp on it.

One crazy day when we were teetering on the edge of being overwhelmed at times (you needed to keep up on a conveyorized line with parts not to specification getting swapped for good ones (by you) while you still had to sand the good ones because none were trimmed right , and the rework/painted ones with defects that came back around needed sanded for paint to adhere plus get the paint defects out of ; but don't you stop the line!) I came back from a smoke or lunch break (during a lull in the line set) and my co-worker had made up and posted a help wanted sign.
Funny stuff.
I reminded him of that many years later after that shop was long closed.
We laughed again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back