THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I may get serious a moment, let me say that the people that follow and comment on this thread are some of the most considerate and have the best manners of any on this forum.

With that said, I think it would be a good idea if new people that join must understand the proper etiquette of the forum for posting AND acknowledging posts.
Yet again I took several minutes of my time to get information for an OP about metal detecting clubs and even advised them to do another post under the metal detecting heading. What was their reply? Nada to me or other posters. They did another thread as I advised so they listened. My actions? I deleted my like for their thread and deleted my posts with information to clubs for them. I do not want me or this forum to be associated with them contacting a club.
It is really frustrating when people ignore, or argue with your reply because they do not like that you did not recognize the great treasure they posted.
I am done with my rambling. Sorry just needed to vent. Love you guys and thanks for being you.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be, I am out in the heat constantly so my body is used to it and I'm aware of my limits. The heat is no joke and I know better.
I watch through the window of my air conditioned truck people out in heat. I drink plenty of fluids watching.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch through the window of my air conditioned truck people out in heat. I drink plenty of fluids watching.
My 50 year old step dad works in this heat everyday doing all kinds of farm hand stuff. Also dealing with bulls and unbroken horses. I don't know how he does it. He won't let me work there with him as he said the boss is a complete jerk and I well he knows won't keep my mouth shut if I'm disrespected, and I guess it's really dangerous and he knows my anxiety issues aren't going to be of use in the situations. Though I wish I didn't suck so much so I could help. This job I get to do because it's just moving lots of big pvc irrigation pipes and he just needs help because the pipes are too long to handle alone.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 50 year old step dad works in this heat everyday doing all kinds of farm hand stuff. Also dealing with bulls and unbroken horses. I don't know how he does it. He won't let me work there with him as he said the boss is a complete jerk and I well he knows won't keep my mouth shut if I'm disrespected, and I guess it's really dangerous and he knows my anxiety issues aren't going to be of use in the situations. Though I wish I didn't suck so much so I could help. This job I get to do because it's just moving lots of big pvc irrigation pipes and he just needs help because the pipes are too long to handle alone.
Jerks will be jerks. Seems like it has become contagious. I have been vaccinated.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy is a rancher and 80 something I guess he is very um how do I put it old school.
I would think old fool instead of old school. Old school folks are usually more considerate and better manners than the spoiled facebook/twitter generations. Usually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread