THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That way I'm there for you during some of the most important moments ✨️
I cannot pass up the opportunity to dump theses little gifs here. (Pun intended)

1686312797664.gif

1686312824482.gif

1686312850064.gif

1686312890593.gif

I’ve been hanging around too many fisherman! 🤭

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooooo.....looks like we all get our pew pews out and strap up for the Florida ok corral !! Carry your piece with no permit or Training coarse ?? Well see what happens ?? I'm ready....quick draw and sharp aim is the game 🎮

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Porcupines are large rodents with coats of sharp spines, or quills, that protect them against predation

Most porcupines are about 60–90 cm (25–36 in) long, with a 20–25 cm (8–10 in) long tail. Weighing 5–16 kg (12–35 lb),

The porcupine will attack by running sideways or backwards into predators. A porcupine's tail can also be swung in the direction of the predator; if contact is made, the quills could be impaled into the predator causing injury or death
Researchers estimate the porcupine has more than 30,000 of these quills with as many as 100 to 140 growing from each square inch of skin.

So blossom PLEASE don't ever step on one of these devils.
I look at one in the wilds, no problem, but in the Pepper's yard, field, within range of the Max it's a different feeling.
Dog's and Porcupines are never a good mix-Vet bills start between $700-800 for an average hit.
Then is a per quill charge $ per quill a some clinics on top. View attachment 2088028 View attachment 2088029
Good grief, In My head they are like our little hedge hogs, no trouble, and good for the garden! That poor doggy 😔 xx

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched a soon to be banned video on instagram.....it is the Russian tourist being eaten alive by a tiger shark.....it was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen, and tops anything in jaws.....poor man was completely taken !! Can't believe it was caught on video from beach. Very scary stuff !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good grief, In My head they are like our little hedge hogs, no trouble, and good for the garden! That poor doggy 😔 xx
I had a English Setter once.
Freddy wasn't all that bright, but determined.
13 times he got quilled up over the years.
Back in the mid 60's it cost my parents $80 for the first visit to the vet.
After that it was suck it up buttercup, it's a home backyard fixing.
So many times the quill would be going through the lower jaw and into the roof of the mouth.
He never learnt that he was not going to be the winner.
Today I am not having any issues with my pets going through the trauma of a meet up with this critter.
I certainly don’t take pleasure in doing this either, it really tears at the heart strings.
So the Pepper has a spot where he places these things in, stores them away, then throws the key.
Sadly it's a cold feeling place I do say, but then again its just me. I deal with things a certain way.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just watched a soon to be banned video on instagram.....it is the Russian tourist being eaten alive by a tiger shark.....it was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen, and tops anything in jaws.....poor man was completely taken !! Can't believe it was caught on video from beach. Very scary stuff !!
I complain when the little fish nibble me nipples in the lake!
Nope this pirate ☠️ is a wimp.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it was a another day of twists and turns.
Got the tractor started, and the front tire on.
The electric fence is working.
Our little Pips the hen isn't doing well.
Not egg bound, have tried to boost her energy, but sadly she's slipping.
Wife believes it's watermelon belly. It's retaining fluids around the organs.
Got a frantic call from the Mrs., the porcupine was trying to navigate into the barn area from the big trees.
3rd strike it's out.
Hate doing it, but it was too close to the house.
We've been keeping Max on a secure lead for over a week as he smells it, and is upset.
I just took another tick that was latched on my shin.
Strange day, hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier.
All my years of hunting with dogs , and no quills.
Read that cutting the end off one with enough to grip still will make it easier to pull. (Deflate sort of) But glad to not have had the experience to experiment.

As a youth I was told to leave them for the lost.
Meaning humans lost and needing something to eat.
Most likely just to get me to leave them alone.
Quill work I find interesting when others do it. More so finished quillwork. My efforts have been tedious at best. Smelly porky. Cleaning quills without making them brittle. Flattening them.
And Max will agree with me that porkies stink. Easy to smell at a distance. Magnified many times over for him. Plus the noise factor!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I could just strap a flint lock pistol up and carry that !!☠️☠️
I might still have a Tower flint pistol around. 20 guage ,whatever bore that is.
Weighs umpteen pounds and you'd want two pair of suspenders to hold your sash up....
That's if your arms are long enough to draw it's great length from your waist.
You'd be all set to club a shark though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions