Learned a nice trick.....leave the drain plug out of the live well, and don't turn on the pump.....this allows only a minimum of water in the well....the open plug allows a subtle gentle water exchange.....it was perfect for 6 baits.....none died, and I did not have to use up my battery with the pump. I fish ballyhoo, and they are by far the most delicate of baits....they die easily in most wells. 90 percent of fisherman will never live bait with ballyhoo.....it is a South Florida thing....all the ballyhoo that the entire world uses to troll with, are caught in the keys, and frozen for bait world wide. The dedicated boats in the keys all fish live ballyhoo (a luxury). So every live well in every fishing boat is no good for live ballyhoo....it takes heavy customization and fabrication on every boat to build a system that will keep these baits alive.
View attachment 2123467
So we have 2 or 3 guys down here who build these custom systems. Off shore bait solutions is our 1st choice !!
You guys should check out AllAmericanTackleCo.com that is treasurenets own,
@BennyV company....benny is great and is building, well....an all American Tackle Co.!! I've had a great time wearing his awsome merchandise. The few jigs I've used have crushed it on multiple different species !! Im happy to collaborate with him and we've had a blast so far !! Can't wait for 2024 !!