THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone :coffee2:
Screenshot_20240222_045756_Photos.jpg

OMG....I can hardly move this morning. Yesterday's fishing combat has me bruised and battered.....now the goal is to make it to Sunday. Many of the elite fisherman are saying this has been the best sailfish bite in South Florida history !! We should have caught 28, but we lost 8 fish, and saw 25-40 total.....for me it was insane !! These boats that are in the upper echelon of sailfishing all have 3 Mates for this type of day !! So me as a single mate in the operation am stretched, beaten, mauled by these fish. Many people came to congratulate me on the docks yesterday, and it was an honor to have those elite guys come by and give me some accolades for being able to put up those numbers by myself !! Even if other boats had bigger numbers,(47 fish for one) almost all of them know that to catch and release that many sailfish for a single mate is an epic feat of fishing !! Im nursing a wound on my chest, pulled muscle in my back, badly bruised thigh, and knee, and my right hand is swollen !! Today I'll have to go slower, and it would be nice to have that extra mate or 2.....im gonna, try and catch snapper on the bottom, and take it easy a bit today !!

OMG....I can hardly move this morning. Yesterday's fishing combat has me bruised and battered.....now the goal is to make it to Sunday. Many of the elite fisherman are saying this has been the best sailfish bite in South Florida history !! We should have caught 28, but we lost 8 fish, and saw 25-40 total.....for me it was insane !! These boats that are in the upper echelon of sailfishing all have 3 Mates for this type of day !! So me as a single mate in the operation am stretched, beaten, mauled by these fish. Many people came to congratulate me on the docks yesterday, and it was an honor to have those elite guys come by and give me some accolades for being able to put up those numbers by myself !! Even if other boats had bigger numbers,(47 fish for one) almost all of them know that to catch and release that many sailfish for a single mate is an epic feat of fishing !! Im nursing a wound on my chest, pulled muscle in my back, badly bruised thigh, and knee, and my right hand is swollen !! Today I'll have to go slower, and it would be nice to have that extra mate or 2.....im gonna, try and catch snapper on the bottom, and take it easy a bit today !!
Wear those bangs and bruises as badges of honor knowing you performed that feat solo!

Wear those bangs and bruises as badges of honor knowing you performed that feat solo!
And I was really contemplating quitting and changing boats yesterday.....that thought has left my mind.....now its "gotta make it to Sunday" then I can have a day off to heal up !!

To be honest, I can safely say my anglers are hurting today also !! They all caught about as many as they could, and I reeled in 3, and a dolphin to pick up the slack at times yesterday. The battery on my gopro ran out after 13 fish !! There has to be some epic footage on there !!

So I'm sitting here with my coffee rubbing my wounds, and stretching a bit, and I see a huge scab on the back of my calf.....im thinking damn....I didn't even feel that.....thats because it's a big clump of dried fish blood the didn't get washed off last night 😅🤣😂

So I'm sitting here with my coffee rubbing my wounds, and stretching a bit, and I see a huge scab on the back of my calf.....im thinking damn....I didn't even feel that.....thats because it's a big clump of dried fish blood the didn't get washed off last night 😅🤣😂
The fly on the wall hears the Mrs saying" Oh Barty boy you'z still smell like a fish"

Great hear you had a lot better day yesterday even though you got a tad worn and torn.
At least the memories will outlast the pain.
Best of luck on the rest of the week.

Remnants of the slaughter 🦈

First you aren't catching enough , then too many.
Make up your mind!

20 for 28.
Ratio is always something to consider where figuring tackle and takes and solid hookups.. Speed. Wind. Moon , l.o.l..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back