What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I think you keep sending me your rain. Raining every night
Oh believe me, if I could find the off switch, I'd definitely let things dry out for a bit. Rain is good. Rain every day, not so much.
 
:coffee2: Good morning everyone. Well it seems like our rain has switched off again. No rain for the last 5 days. Some areas are getting it but not here. One weather forecaster said the Sahara dust was to blame. Hopefully we'll get back on track soon. It's been crazy hot.
Screenshot_20240830-055026_Photos.webp
 
There’s a 56 stamped on the bottom. 1956? My neighbor passed away over 30 yrs ago. They cleaned out his house and this lantern was in a dumpster. I grabbed it. I remember replacing the cap for some reason.View attachment 2212802View attachment 2212803
Could be 5th month of 1936.
Very tired eyes looking at the rim rash think they see a brass fount.
The vent style liked to seperate at the spot welds. I just keep putting them back together loose. ( While not overtightening nut and damaging the coating. )
Your lantern looks great and the vent is likely great too. Congrats.
The seal on the original cap was probably leaking; to inspire you to grab another,


[The year will be shown as a single digit for most appliances built in the 1920s and 30s. Somewhere around 1941 this changed to double digit year markings.

For unmarked or unreadable markings, you can use the company name stamp to identify a span of years the appliance was made:

1913-1925: Coleman Lamp Company
1925-1934*: Coleman Lamp & Stove Company
1934-1945: Coleman Lamp and Stove Company
1945-Present: The Coleman Company Inc.

* Previously believed to be 1928. Special thanks to D&D LanternWorks for confirmation.]

 
I see dust.
The "big hat" was a few dollars more when new for the wider vent bottom. It is white to reflect light downward as it made a good light source over work areas/tables ect. when hung above.
The stablemate 220 was the same lantern with the standard vent.
IMG_0171.webp
 
I see dust.
The "big hat" was a few dollars more when new for the wider vent bottom. It is white to reflect light downward as it made a good light source over work areas/tables ect. when hung above.
The stablemate 220 was the same lantern with the standard vent.
View attachment 2212828
Those were a staple on camping trips and fishing at night for catfish. My buddys dog knocked one over, down the bank and into the water. Glass broke but you could buy them replacement glass everywhere.
 
🤷‍♂️

 
Afternoon everyone ! Seen this rooster this morning on my way to the barn. I thought it was quite a nice looker


Rooster1.webp
Rooster2.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom