What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I have a random update, I’m taking private voice lessons this summer. I joke about my voice because of that turkey vulture attacking me last year when I was singing, but someone overheard me and thinks I have enough potential they’re paying for me to get official training and I’ll be starting choir this fall.

I’ve already performed once at an awards ceremony. I filled in last minute for a girl that got the flu and sang From Now On from The Greatest Showman. I thought I tanked it, the place was dead silent when the song ended and it was awkward. Then everyone finally started clapping. My teacher said the silence was a good sign, not negative. I hope she wasn’t just being nice.

I should also thank everyone here, back when I joined this site I would have never been able to sing in front of anyone with the anxiety I had at the time. It’s hard to explain the way interacting here helped but believe me it did. Not to mention all the great things I have learned about metal detecting, coins, archeology, the list goes on. One of my friends said I’ve leveled up from dork to super dork. I’ll take that as a compliment because knowledge is power.

So thanks again and I hope everyone has a good weekend.
 
Not trying to be political, I'm not one to argue politics- everyone feels how they feel about that. Just ranting and feeling sorry for myself for a minute. Thoughts over my morning co

Not trying to be political, I'm not one to argue politics- everyone feels how they feel about that. Just ranting and feeling sorry for myself for a minute. Thoughts over my morning coffee and research I guess.
I will be airing my story on a Stalking podcast July 8th. It's amazing to me how many of these victims are asked the question over and over "what did you do to them?" "were you dating..." As if its an excusable to their behavior question. Then where law enforcement is cornered is policy and they have to say "did they physically hurt you?" ...the answer is not yet ...they can't do anything. Not their fault.
 
I have a random update, I’m taking private voice lessons this summer. I joke about my voice because of that turkey vulture attacking me last year when I was singing, but someone overheard me and thinks I have enough potential they’re paying for me to get official training and I’ll be starting choir this fall.

I’ve already performed once at an awards ceremony. I filled in last minute for a girl that got the flu and sang From Now On from The Greatest Showman. I thought I tanked it, the place was dead silent when the song ended and it was awkward. Then everyone finally started clapping. My teacher said the silence was a good sign, not negative. I hope she wasn’t just being nice.

I should also thank everyone here, back when I joined this site I would have never been able to sing in front of anyone with the anxiety I had at the time. It’s hard to explain the way interacting here helped but believe me it did. Not to mention all the great things I have learned about metal detecting, coins, archeology, the list goes on. One of my friends said I’ve leveled up from dork to super dork. I’ll take that as a compliment because knowledge is power.

So thanks again and I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Alright; dork.

Choir teacher told us all to listen for that gap during a performance end and audience applause. Including those performances of others elsewhere ect..The longer the gap the more profound the affect. (Don't worry. Profound wasn't applied to me directly.)
My cohorts and I were probably more concerned about not passing out at the time.

But teacher had a point.
So we know you did fantastic.
Congrats!
 
Trying to decide on this coming weekends adventure. I like to find places that I can fossil hunt and metal detect without time constraint. Its been a really rocky start to summer and I'm losing faith in most things and people. The legal system has failed my family and I completely, the sheriffs departments hands are tied with policy. The laws and way of dealing with stalking needs serious reform. If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked if I dated the perpetrator I would be a very wealthy woman. Its more comfortable to believe I am at fault rather than someone who is criminal. Therefore, as my life crumbles I have my metal detector and my rock smashing equipment. I'm just feeling defeated and alone in this fight but is it so wrong to believe in justice? Idk anymore...
Sorry to hear about this. One of my friends was stalked by a man once when she was 12 and the cops were worthless because he officially wasn’t breaking any laws. My brother and I had a couple of conversations with him and he opted to stop, or at least went to find someone else to terrorize. But the stress it caused her when it was happening was immense. Stay safe.
 
Alright; dork.

Choir teacher told us all to listen for that gap during a performance end and audience applause. Including those performances of others elsewhere ect..The longer the gap the more profound the affect. (Don't worry. Profound wasn't applied to me directly.)
My cohorts and I were probably more concerned about not passing out at the time.

But teacher had a point.
So we know you did fantastic.
Congrats!
Thank you, that’s nice to hear. It felt like that extended silence in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when the guy asked why do witches burn. 😆
 
Sorry to hear about this. One of my friends was stalked by a man once when she was 12 and the cops were worthless because he officially wasn’t breaking any laws. My brother and I had a couple of conversations with him and he opted to stop, or at least went to find someone else to terrorize. But the stress it caused her when it was happening was immense. Stay safe.
I feel bad sometimes for the police who try and do want to help but they can't by the way things are set in stone. The cyber stalking and stalking policies need to change because the escalation is ever growing. You can destroy someone's entire livelihood with cyber stalking before they even start physically stalking.
 
I feel bad sometimes for the police who try and do want to help but they can't by the way things are set in stone. The cyber stalking and stalking policies need to change because the escalation is ever growing. You can destroy someone's entire livelihood with cyber stalking before they even start physically stalking.
Thanks all for the kind words. I've made sure my children are safe while I'm trying my best to uncover everything. Apart from being vigilant and doing what I can to find evidence, there's still treasure to be found and fossils out there literally keeping me sane. Thinking this weekend a garnet trip up north- - anyone have experience in upstate NY garnet hunting?
 
I have a random update, I’m taking private voice lessons this summer. I joke about my voice because of that turkey vulture attacking me last year when I was singing, but someone overheard me and thinks I have enough potential they’re paying for me to get official training and I’ll be starting choir this fall.

I’ve already performed once at an awards ceremony. I filled in last minute for a girl that got the flu and sang From Now On from The Greatest Showman. I thought I tanked it, the place was dead silent when the song ended and it was awkward. Then everyone finally started clapping. My teacher said the silence was a good sign, not negative. I hope she wasn’t just being nice.

I should also thank everyone here, back when I joined this site I would have never been able to sing in front of anyone with the anxiety I had at the time. It’s hard to explain the way interacting here helped but believe me it did. Not to mention all the great things I have learned about metal detecting, coins, archeology, the list goes on. One of my friends said I’ve leveled up from dork to super dork. I’ll take that as a compliment because knowledge is power.

So thanks again and I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Congratulations on that.
I can clear a room quickly if I sing 😇
 
Good morning everyone
I up early because I heard that the early bird catches the worm. Well, hopefully I can catch a fish with that worm cause I’m going fishing.
Mornin Evan!

1750618073565.webp
 
What's in everyone's wake up cup this morning? Nothing fancy here, just a flavored coffee Aldi's had on sale. Mocha marshmallow I believe with a splash of hazelnut cream. Anyone have a favorite roaster? We have one close by called Finger Lakes Roasters that makes a tasty morning blend.
Blueberry_12oz_Ground_Angle_DTC_A1_2.webp



Coconut_Caramel_9oz_Ground_Angle_Cathedral_DTC_A3.webp
 
I have a random update, I’m taking private voice lessons this summer. I joke about my voice because of that turkey vulture attacking me last year when I was singing, but someone overheard me and thinks I have enough potential they’re paying for me to get official training and I’ll be starting choir this fall.

I’ve already performed once at an awards ceremony. I filled in last minute for a girl that got the flu and sang From Now On from The Greatest Showman. I thought I tanked it, the place was dead silent when the song ended and it was awkward. Then everyone finally started clapping. My teacher said the silence was a good sign, not negative. I hope she wasn’t just being nice.

I should also thank everyone here, back when I joined this site I would have never been able to sing in front of anyone with the anxiety I had at the time. It’s hard to explain the way interacting here helped but believe me it did. Not to mention all the great things I have learned about metal detecting, coins, archeology, the list goes on. One of my friends said I’ve leveled up from dork to super dork. I’ll take that as a compliment because knowledge is power.

So thanks again and I hope everyone has a good weekend.
stone-cold-steve-austin beer hell yeh.gif
 
What's in everyone's wake up cup this morning? Nothing fancy here, just a flavored coffee Aldi's had on sale. Mocha marshmallow I believe with a splash of hazelnut cream. Anyone have a favorite roaster? We have one close by called Finger Lakes Roasters that makes a tasty morning blend.
Decaf...

But, for some reason I'm still 😴 🥱.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom