What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Are all of you guys getting a paid off day for the 4th? If so I must be in the wrong business
In theory, yes. Doesn’t always work out that way though.
 


My first car was a later/3rd generation 66 of the pictured's model. The pic might be a 1960.
Mine had an inline 200 engine.( Didn't need removed fortunately or I might be another inch shorter.)

More trivia...

[In 1960, Ford's Canadian subsidiary introduced the Falcon-based Frontenac. It was designed to give Mercury-Meteor dealers a smaller model to sell, since the Comet was originally intended as an Edsel, which was sold by Ford-Monarch dealers. Produced for the 1960 model year only, the Frontenac was essentially a rebadged 1960 Falcon with its own unique grille, tail lights, and external trim, including red maple-leaf insignia. Despite strong sales (5% of Ford's total Canadian output), the Frontenac was discontinued and replaced by the Comet for 1961.]
 
Was shoe horning the big block into the PowerWagon last night and this song came on pretty fitting for the install.
 

Attachments

  • 76685403681__ECDBFFA6-A047-4A00-BEBF-262BE4997DC3.webp
    76685403681__ECDBFFA6-A047-4A00-BEBF-262BE4997DC3.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
Are all of you guys getting a paid off day for the 4th? If so I must be in the wrong business
Retired in 2006, so there's no pay for the self slave
 
440 punched 30 over purple cam roller rocker.
Had the same in a /72 Charger, 4 speed, shaker hood All I can remember is 440-30 over as I didn't do the build.
It would do 90 mph in 2nd gear.
Going up a long hill the gas gauge was like a minute hand, heading to the E.
 
Are all of you guys getting a paid off day for the 4th? If so I must be in the wrong business
No I have to work on the 4th and the boss is an asshole!!
 
My first car was a later/3rd generation 66 of the pictured's model. The pic might be a 1960.
Mine had an inline 200 engine.( Didn't need removed fortunately or I might be another inch shorter.)

More trivia...

[In 1960, Ford's Canadian subsidiary introduced the Falcon-based Frontenac. It was designed to give Mercury-Meteor dealers a smaller model to sell, since the Comet was originally intended as an Edsel, which was sold by Ford-Monarch dealers. Produced for the 1960 model year only, the Frontenac was essentially a rebadged 1960 Falcon with its own unique grille, tail lights, and external trim, including red maple-leaf insignia. Despite strong sales (5% of Ford's total Canadian output), the Frontenac was discontinued and replaced by the Comet for 1961.]
My first car was a 61 Falcon. I remember that while riding, I could look down into the newer cars around me from my higher perch.
 
Can one fire themselves? :dontknow::icon_scratch::laughing9::laughing9:
I recall that I gave one boss a two week notice once. Retroactive two weeks! :angel12:

Last I checked, he still had that novelty pinned up to his bulletin board! He laughed sooooo hard!!! 🤣
 
Had the same in a /72 Charger, 4 speed, shaker hood All I can remember is 440-30 over as I didn't do the build.
It would do 90 mph in 2nd gear.
Going up a long hill the gas gauge was like a minute hand, heading to the E.
Yep pass everything but a gas station LOL.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom