What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

28.webp
Found this interesting root ball with a face carved in it while beachcombing.
 
My one day off today I went desperation metal detecting and took on a trashy park I hate to go to. Focused on areas I've observed where people party and have little events. Pulled tab after tab cursing under my breath as I got frustrated lol. Got a tab signal thinking oh goody another tab. This tab looked different wait that's not a tab, a little silver baby bracelet popped up. Managed some other junk jewelery on my frustration journey but hey a hell of a lot better than work.
 

Attachments

  • fcf74306-a197-417f-9a70-0a965b21ed25.webp
    fcf74306-a197-417f-9a70-0a965b21ed25.webp
    598 KB · Views: 31
  • 12f2c8c7-06f7-40ea-b232-571091f99874.webp
    12f2c8c7-06f7-40ea-b232-571091f99874.webp
    400.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 02eb8bf3-4d7c-409e-b045-437b0248f39b.webp
    02eb8bf3-4d7c-409e-b045-437b0248f39b.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • 59f289b0-0f27-4059-9289-76610713af74.webp
    59f289b0-0f27-4059-9289-76610713af74.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Now that’s interesting
I wonder who carved it and what culture
Those things are sold in arts & craft shows here
Screenshot_20250720-071320_Google.webp
in Florida. The wood is a natural peace of driftwood found on the beaches and islands. An artist cleans/sands them up & carves the face. Usually they are then coated with varnish. I have no clue how that one ended up in the water.
 
Those things are sold in arts & craft shows here View attachment 2217572in Florida. The wood is a natural peace of driftwood found on the beaches and islands. An artist cleans/sands them up & carves the face. Usually they are then coated with varnish. I have no clue how that one ended up in the water.
It could of been washed out from on the Hurricanes last year. Lot of water intrusion along the gulf coastlines.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom