What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

:coffee2: 🥵 Good morning everyone. It's been very hot here lately. 🔥and
Screenshot_20250719-150919_Photos.webp
 
My parents flew into town last night and today I’m being forced against my will I get to go on a 5 hour road trip to where hot air mixed with dust the winds go sweeping across the plains and the plants from hell fire up my allergies waving wheat sure smells sweet. The good news is I bought the audiobook of Shift a few weeks ago and will finally get a chance to listen to it.
 
My one day off today I went desperation metal detecting and took on a trashy park I hate to go to. Focused on areas I've observed where people party and have little events. Pulled tab after tab cursing under my breath as I got frustrated lol. Got a tab signal thinking oh goody another tab. This tab looked different wait that's not a tab, a little silver baby bracelet popped up. Managed some other junk jewelery on my frustration journey but hey a hell of a lot better than work.
Hey that's a haul!

A baby bracelet. C'mon.
Just the thing to snag an earring with. Baby crying. Mom or Dad with a torn lobe crying. Witnesses crying.
Heck yeah!

Junk jewelry counts too. I sure as heck count mine . Well , acknowledge it anyways. More so if it isn't too rotted yet . l.o.l..

Congrats!
 
My parents flew into town last night and today I’m being forced against my will I get to go on a 5 hour road trip to where hot air mixed with dust the winds go sweeping across the plains and the plants from hell fire up my allergies waving wheat sure smells sweet. The good news is I bought the audiobook of Shift a few weeks ago and will finally get a chance to listen to it.

Did you ask your parents if their arms were tired from flying?
(Oh boy!)
 
Last edited:
Mornin all.

Rained heavy a couple times yesterday. Welcomed rain.
I drilled another hole in the ramp platform out front as the first one likes to plug up in the rain. And I get wet unplugging it.

Need a 6 volt tractor battery.
Been fighting a gas leak before moving one that has sat too long. Bleeding under one fingernail from digging ancient cork gasket material out of the fuel strainers housing.
So with a new gasket; it kept leaking anyways.
Snugged up on the on off lever nut that was loose (why?) but the packing might be shot.
So battery or no battery today? I don't want to start it /move it with a fuel leak.
This is why I took the brand new strainer unit off another tractor when it too leaked , and put a danged ball valve on it. Leak stopped. Nah nah nah nah.
Instead it developed an so far incurable hydraulic fluid leak at the pump.
 
Evening all xx hope all is good with you all xx yesterday we had storms…so no detecting ..again! We have missed more days due to “summer weather” than any winter since we started detecting 🤔 xx today was just a few showers, the Barn field had been cut, finally, I was even glad to find 4 Romans, that’s how desperate I was 😂 xx

Thread 'Sunday’s Finds ☔️'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/sundays-finds-umbrella-with-rain-drops.712597/
 
Evening all xx hope all is good with you all xx yesterday we had storms…so no detecting ..again! We have missed more days due to “summer weather” than any winter since we started detecting 🤔 xx today was just a few showers, the Barn field had been cut, finally, I was even glad to find 4 Romans, that’s how desperate I was 😂 xx

Thread 'Sunday’s Finds ☔️'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/sundays-finds-umbrella-with-rain-drops.712597/
Your excellent recoveries of Romans would have me giggling like a schoolgirl.

Elsewise as in your finds of the days case ; when big fish are scarce the little ones start looking a lot better. L.o.l..
Congrats.
 
Your excellent recoveries of Romans would have me giggling like a schoolgirl.

Elsewise as in your finds of the days case ; when big fish are scarce the little ones start looking a lot better. L.o.l..
Congrats.
RC giggling like a schoolgirl is quite the mental image 😂😂 xx
 
Good morning, al!!
Where abouts did you recover the driftwood?
Pretty cool recovery, congratulations.
I found it on Atsena Otie Key. Thanks. It was upside down when I saw it and thought it was cool, then was really surprised when I turned it over. It probably washed out of Cedar Key during the hurricane.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom