What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7


Part of their sunning instinct allegedly involves reducing bacteria . (They are not reptiles so don't need to bask.)
Not having feathered heads reduces ; ummm; accumulating icky stuff that would soil feathers badly.
Their own acidic poop on their feet and legs likely involves urea. Hard on parasites but I have not studied the effect on bacteria (for a not too strange reason.)
 
Good morning all. I got some good looks at Notch's fawn last night. It has two little dark spots where antlers would be. Maybe a little buck?

View attachment 2221219
View attachment 2221220

I wouldn't call it a button buck quite yet.
Marks look low for starters.
A kind of "cowlick" often shows too when nubs don't .
But your picture is so close....It's looking like a doe fawn to me so far.

Not sure if that'spigweed to the riht of it's muzzle.
Doubt it's earing grass but rather the forbs distributed throughout it.
Another bonus for a non weed killed yard!
 
You get some awesome pictures
Thanks! It helps that I can get close. The fawn was only about six or eight feet from me when I took those photos. The mother deer ("Notch") has been visiting us for years and is very comfortable around us, and I guess the fawn reads that from her and isn't terrified. It does spook easy though, and will hoist that tail and run if I make any sudden moves.


I wouldn't call it a button buck quite yet.
Marks look low for starters.
A kind of "cowlick" often shows too when nubs don't .
But your picture is so close....It's looking like a doe fawn to me so far.
That could be. They do look "soft". Here's the closest photo I got of that area. Unfortunately it isn't very clear because it was moving at the time so there's some blur. But they do a bit more like hair marks of some kind.

1755271427594.webp



And here she is with her mama. You can see the missing chunk of the left ear, which is why we call her "Notch".

IMG_3776.webp
 
It's a good thing that your grandson is there to give those nuts a reality check. Who knows, maybe he'll get a few of them to snap out of the trance. :dontknow:
We have a guy at work that wants to be a girl but likes girls 🧐
He comes to work dressed as a girl and wants to be called a girls name. Just one example
 
Part of their sunning instinct allegedly involves reducing bacteria . (They are not reptiles so don't need to bask.)
Not having feathered heads reduces ; ummm; accumulating icky stuff that would soil feathers badly.
Their own acidic poop on their feet and legs likely involves urea. Hard on parasites but I have not studied the effect on bacteria (for a not too strange reason.)
Possibly..... or maybe not....
 
The trans ams are ugly anyway, that year especially...boxed front end way to much rear spoiler. Ground effects major yuck factor.

duke trans am.webp



full front firebird.webp
 
Nice pictures. We will be in Oregon late September into October. My late brother's memorial is on thec4th in Portland. We're flying in a week early to sightsee. For sure we'll go to Crater Lake and the Newport area. My grandson lives in Portland now, going to school so I'll get to see him. He's a southern red neck conservative and has fun messing with "all the pink & blue haired libs with nose rings and ear spools."
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.
When you are in Newport, this is up the coast. There are a couple of air museums in Oregon also.

I wish your grandson good luck !! :laughing7: :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Latest Discussions

    Back
    Top Bottom