What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Update on the body they found in the parking lot van. He was a regular customer for years and wasn’t feeling good so he pulled over and had a heart attack and died. He was younger than me. Never know when you’re time is up.
 
Update on the body they found in the parking lot van. He was a regular customer for years and wasn’t feeling good so he pulled over and had a heart attack and died. He was younger than me. Never know when you’re time is up.
That's sad, but also good to hear it wasn't some kind of foul play.
 
:coffee2: Good morning everyone. Looks like the hurricane will miss us by a decent margin! Another nice sunrise this morning. Enjoy your day.
20250817_065403.webp
20250817_065801.webp
 
It feels better to beat them up hunting !! Imagine driving here early AM, only to find out the hard way that ive "wised up" so to speak. Once I figure out when they hunt its over....I live here....I can go to the spot at 4pm....just when the afternoon Sunday crowd is fading, and hit it till 8pm !! You show up at your Monday morning sugar hole, and all you find is pull tabs and zincolins. When you get in the water, and see total destruction in the form of holes and then you realize the pull tabs and zincolins have been left intentionally, well you know deep down the gig is up, and you will probably never get back in front of me. To add insult to injury, at the hight of summer I might hit all the small swim holes twice a week after work each day !! Go harder, dig deeper, stay longer, and let the others fall where they may.
I know how you feel Bart. I'm pretty sure somebody was using Tnet to figure out where I was hunting a couple of years ago. Had to start being a bit more cryptic in my descriptions of places.
As far as Lake Tahoe, it doesn't matter, there are only so many beaches and they all get hit hard. Just gotta go deeper or think outside the box!
 


It's knowin' that your door is always open
And your path is free to walk
That makes me tend to leave my sleepin' bag
Rolled up and stashed behind your couch

And it's knowin' I'm not shackled by forgotten words and bonds
And the ink stains that have dried upon some line
That keeps you in the back roads by the rivers of my memory
That keeps you ever gentle on my mind

It's not clingin' to the rocks and ivy
Planted on their columns now that bind me
Or something that somebody said because
They thought we fit together walkin'

It's just knowing that the world, will not be cursing or forgiving
When I walk along some railroad track and find
That you're movin' on the back roads by the rivers of my memory
And for hours you're just gentle on my mind

Though the wheat fields and the clothes lines
And the junkyards and the highways come between us
And some other woman's cryin' to her mother
'Cause she turned and I was gone

I still might run in silence, tears of joy might stain my face
And the summer sun might burn me till I'm blind
But not to where I cannot see you walkin' on the back roads
By the rivers flowin' gentle on my mind

I dip my cup of soup back from a gurglin' cracklin' cauldron
In some train yard
My beard a rustlin' coal pile
And a dirty hat pulled low across my face

Through cupped hands 'round a tin can
I pretend to hold you to my breast and find
That you're waitin' from the back roads
By the rivers of my memory ever smilin', ever gentle on my mind
 
Think i will post "the absolute best metal detecting spot ever" for those lurkers to hunt.

(But in reality... it has to be the most trash infested party spot i have ever hunted)
I found SO MANY SILVER LOOKING RINGS
In the green strips between the beach parking lots on Anna Marie Island.
Amazing detecting

Screenshot_20250817_095824_Google Earth.webp
 
Another watering day

I just got done watering the young trees yesterday. Then I wandered the berry patch and wondered why some of them were looking a but crispy. I have soaker hoses running all through there and they are on a timer so it couldn’t be lack of water.

Well, yeah it could. Turns out that the big valve you turn off in the winter has to be turned back on in the spring if you want any water to come through that timer. Hope I realized my error in time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom