What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

IMG_20250815_080835_313.webp
 
View attachment 2221317View attachment 2221318View attachment 2221319View attachment 2221320View attachment 2221321

My 20th gold for the summer !!
Finally!! There are 2 t-netters that have actually destroyed 2 of my spots.....so no gold posts this season !! Now they can't figure out what im up to. I see there scoop holes at 2 of my spots.....ive managed to keep 3 spots to myself, and now I bust the other 2 spots out on Sunday evening so there is nothing but holes on Monday morning. I leave all pop tops and bottle caps for them to contend with. Its been war for me this season, and all of a sudden 1 of these pirates disappeared and hasn't been back. And yes....they found me here on RCT....part of the reason i dont say much anymore over here. So here we are.....number 20 was a big crushed hoop earring....7 grams of 18k !! With gold up so high its been better than my day job with pay !! Got the Versace glasses too !!
Wait.... a couple of t-netters are creeping on you? To steal your beach spots ? What kind of asshole would do a thing like that ? Bull shit !!

I wish I was closer and could offer assistance.... Breaking news out of Florida... Two "metal detectorists" were found beaten with their own detectors!! Carbon fiber rod was inserted in an unnamed location.... Victims were seen filling in holes with their crutches... police reported they had never seen a face rearanged with a sand scoop.
 
I remember all the trees crashing down I was 7 years old.

At 6am on August 16, 1972, Jayne Gibney, wife of a Brookings-based commercial fisherman, awoke and noticed the barometer had dropped overnight and was still falling, even as fishing vessels and pleasure craft were heading to sea. The weather reports carried no storm warnings, and no flags were flying at the Brookings or Crescent City bars, but Jayne’s eight years of working at sea alongside her husband had made her wary of sudden “equinox storms,” which could build from “dead calm to 100 knot winds” in a few hours.
Jayne heard the trouble starting as she monitored the fishing boats’ CB conversations. But the Coast Guard was not allowed to use CBs—boats that needed assistance had to radio a station ashore, which would phone the Coast Guard. That morning, Jayne also asked the KURY announcer to check for a weather update, but a downed tree in Brookings knocked the station off the air before he could broadcast.
The first mayday call came at 10am. Meteorologists later likened the storm to a “neutercane,” essentially a cross between a hurricane and a tornado, more often seen on the Atlantic.
As the Brookings Coast Guard lines became clogged with calls from concerned families, another fisherman’s wife parked her pickup near the door of Station Chetco River and passed CBed information from the endangered boats to the radioman to relay to the lifeboats. She also coordinated the citizen CB response on the jetties and beaches. The fishermen’s wives’ radio networking was crucial in guiding rescue efforts.
Not all were rescued. The number of boats out that day is not officially known, but at least 10 vessels were lost, and with them 13 souls. One seasoned fisherman made it to safe harbor in Gold Beach after noting the absence of the usual seabirds. “The birds knew it first.”
Jayne Gibney’s first-person chronicle of this community tragedy is available at the museum bookstore. The losses spurred changes in communication practices as well as enhanced radar and weather linkages.

no birds.webp



gone but not forgotten.webp



gone 2.webp
 
Last edited:
Wait.... a couple of t-netters are creeping on you? To steal your beach spots ? What kind of asshole would do a thing like that ? Bull shit !!

I wish I was closer and could offer assistance.... Breaking news out of Florida... Two "metal detectorists" were found beaten with their own detectors!! Carbon fiber rod was inserted in an unnamed location.... Victims were seen filling in holes with their crutches... police reported they had never seen a face rearanged with a sand scoop.
Ya know Viking.....I used to feel like this alot. I had the urge to slash tires, or do bodily harm. But....this is south Florida, and there will always be somebody else to contend with. My strategy is to out witt the non islanders, and team up with the locals. It took awhile for me to let it go !! Then I started playing the long game, and play chess now instead of checkers. Now the part about people from this site tracking me down, we'll those people are easy to spot....they get chatty here for a minute, then they figure out where you hunt, and then poof....they disappear.....it took me a minute, but I know there are 2 that used this thread to figure my hunting patterns out ..... they have not been present here in a long time now....and then there are a couple others from the islands, who figured out some of my Bahamian spots. I really had a hard time believing it came from this thread...and other posts combined to actually find my spots, but sadly it was true....even to the point of actually bumping in to them !!
 
It feels better to beat them up hunting !! Imagine driving here early AM, only to find out the hard way that ive "wised up" so to speak. Once I figure out when they hunt its over....I live here....I can go to the spot at 4pm....just when the afternoon Sunday crowd is fading, and hit it till 8pm !! You show up at your Monday morning sugar hole, and all you find is pull tabs and zincolins. When you get in the water, and see total destruction in the form of holes and then you realize the pull tabs and zincolins have been left intentionally, well you know deep down the gig is up, and you will probably never get back in front of me. To add insult to injury, at the hight of summer I might hit all the small swim holes twice a week after work each day !! Go harder, dig deeper, stay longer, and let the others fall where they may.
 
Good afternoon crew! Raining today. I was going to pick up some 6"X6" posts and some concrete to set them today, but with the wet I decided to wait for a dry day!
 
Secret beach, thanks to the internet is NOT a secret anymore. Tourists and more tourists. The creek is called miners creek and there is gold in it, I get off the trails and prospect, atta sight atta... the view of the endless tourists!


stolen 1.webp



stolen 2.webp



stolen 5.webp



stolen 6.webp
 
Went to the coast for a bit today. Ended up at a beach with little foot traffic so didn't expect much. Despite there not being much signal wise did get a ring within 20 minutes so not bad I guess and the ring looks neat so I'll take it.
 

Attachments

  • mir_20250816_172423.webp
    mir_20250816_172423.webp
    135.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20250816_173704.webp
    20250816_173704.webp
    446 KB · Views: 34
  • 20250816_173709.webp
    20250816_173709.webp
    322.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20250816_173717.webp
    20250816_173717.webp
    447 KB · Views: 31
  • 20250816_173732.webp
    20250816_173732.webp
    338.4 KB · Views: 29
Went to the coast for a bit today. Ended up at a beach with little foot traffic so didn't expect much. Despite there not being much signal wise did get a ring within 20 minutes so not bad I guess and the ring looks neat so I'll take it.
Great recovery!
Congrats.
 
Good morning everyone. We finally got a little bit of rain yesterday, about 1/3 of an inch. The best part was the temperature dropped 20 degrees in five minutes when the rain came through. This was just before the rain hit:

IMG_3808.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom