What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hi guys. I offended some people a while back not meaning to. Apologies to any I did. Took a break. Will try a new filter on my mouth but can't guarantee it will work though. :dontknow:
Welcome back Chilli.
Sometimes the shells are a tad thin, and they crack no matter what was said.

Now that being said, we expect reparations for all the crew in the form of a well aged rum.
 
Welcome back Chilli.
Sometimes the shells are a tad thin, and they crack no matter what was said.

Now that being said, we expect reparations for all the crew in the form of a well aged rum.
**ARC snaps awake***

Rum ? ? ?

Did someone say Rum ? ? ?
 
Went up to a old permission's home the other day to help gather up the ground dropped apples.
He passed in a couple of years back and she's not in good shape either.
I had picked up a few bushels at the beginning of the week but the ground was covered again.
After cutting and preparing we shredded the apples, put the mulch in the cider press.
Got 11 quarts of juice
Yesterday I bottled 6.5 quarts of apple cider.
20250829_112436.webp
 
Morning folks, a bit chill this morning low 40s, but the coffee is hot, still working on firewood for the following year, sugar wood is 4 years ahead, hunting season will soon be here, will be closing camp and and pulling the boats out of the BigO bays. Tonite it's off to the north with my son's asphalt modified, racin season is winding down to, next comes snow and snowmobile ridin season :hello2:
 
Last edited:
Hi guys. I offended some people a while back not meaning to. Apologies to any I did. Took a break. Will try a new filter on my mouth but can't guarantee it will work though. :dontknow:
Nice to have you back Chilli!
 
Went up to a old permission's home the other day to help gather up the ground dropped apples.
He passed in a couple of years back and she's not in good shape either.
I had picked up a few bushels at the beginning of the week but the ground was covered again.
After cutting and preparing we shredded the apples, put the mulch in the cider press.
Got 11 quarts of juice
Yesterday I bottled 6.5 quarts of apple cider.
View attachment 2223077
Hard to believe you still do this. I bet it’s tasty 😋
 
Hard to believe you still do this. I bet it’s tasty 😋
Not that I still do this, it's my first time.
Apple sauce and apple butter, lots of that.
Actually I have a batch of it simmering down as I post.
Drops are a PITA to process as if it Drops there's a reason.
So a lot of cutting and dicing.
But a half bushel still makes a good batch.
Another 1/2 to go before Monday.
Possible another press and collection.
 
A ; BC Rich Deluxe Beast limited edition JRV?

Paul Stanley played a few Rich models but then he played a LOT of guitars.

KKV (Kerry King V ) Kerry King of Slayer.

 
Oregon's ancient ones - Did you know that "one of the oldest known sites of human occupation in North America" is in Oregon? I find this intriguing, especially considering all of the archeology finds and studies in the Four Corners region, and the many stories about the disappearance of peoples, such as the Anasazi.
Note: [I have used an outdated tribal name that is still in use in many books and references, and have been reminded: "In pursuit of accuracy and respect, the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center and Indian Pueblo Store are dedicated to changing all mentions of Anasazi to Ancestral Pueblo or Ancestral Puebloan, and helping to educate others on the reason the term is no longer acceptable. - Indian Pueblo Cultural Center - 2024]
"Archaeologists find new evidence in Southern Oregon that suggests human habitation 18,000 years ago. July 15, 2023 7:36 a.m. Archaeologists have new evidence suggesting that humans occupied Oregon more than 18,000 years ago. This makes it one of the oldest known sites of human occupation in North America. A 2023 radiocarbon dating analysis was made based on findings at the Rimrock Draw Rockshelter near Burns, Oregon. The University of Oregon Archaeological Field School has been excavating at the site, which features a shallow overhang in an otherwise open environment. The field school has been working in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management since 2011."
"UO staff archaeologist Patrick O’Grady said in 2012 the team found telling objects — camel tooth enamel fragments and a human-made tool — deep in the rock shelter, buried underneath the ash of a Mt. St. Helens eruption from over 15,000 years ago."


oldest.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom