What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oregon's ancient ones - Did you know that "one of the oldest known sites of human occupation in North America" is in Oregon? I find this intriguing, especially considering all of the archeology finds and studies in the Four Corners region, and the many stories about the disappearance of peoples, such as the Anasazi.
Note: [I have used an outdated tribal name that is still in use in many books and references, and have been reminded: "In pursuit of accuracy and respect, the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center and Indian Pueblo Store are dedicated to changing all mentions of Anasazi to Ancestral Pueblo or Ancestral Puebloan, and helping to educate others on the reason the term is no longer acceptable. - Indian Pueblo Cultural Center - 2024]
"Archaeologists find new evidence in Southern Oregon that suggests human habitation 18,000 years ago. July 15, 2023 7:36 a.m. Archaeologists have new evidence suggesting that humans occupied Oregon more than 18,000 years ago. This makes it one of the oldest known sites of human occupation in North America. A 2023 radiocarbon dating analysis was made based on findings at the Rimrock Draw Rockshelter near Burns, Oregon. The University of Oregon Archaeological Field School has been excavating at the site, which features a shallow overhang in an otherwise open environment. The field school has been working in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management since 2011."
"UO staff archaeologist Patrick O’Grady said in 2012 the team found telling objects — camel tooth enamel fragments and a human-made tool — deep in the rock shelter, buried underneath the ash of a Mt. St. Helens eruption from over 15,000 years ago."


View attachment 2223124
That’s interesting
 
Did a little detecting, didn't want to stay home on a day off. All I have left are difficult spots to detect or spots I've cleared so well there's only foil signals. I chose the foil signal areas in hopes of gold coming up. So to the school it was and regardless was going to be better than staying home on a day off. Lots of foil and can slaw dug of course but got a surprise. A neat good sized bracelet. I'm guess gold plated silver but the mark is hard to read. Its either 925(silver of course) or 825(possible gold or a lower standard silver) regardless a neat looking piece. Also got a stainless cross ring. I'm satisfied
Awesome sapphire and diamond bracelet
 
Getting some nice working weather now.

Screenshot_20250831_061133_Weather Network.webp
 
A associate has been having coughing fits for the past 2 months. He went to many doctors and was told nothing was wrong or sinuses. Finally he got the truthful doctor that told him it’s from the Covid shot and many people have heart and respiratory issues from the vaccine.
Every time I hear of this type of thing I always think back as to how my employers back then threatened to fire me if I didn’t get the vaccine. And they actually harassed me until I quit. But you know what I traded a big salary for life and I’m glad I did, they can kiss it where the sun doesn’t shine 😃
 
A associate has been having coughing fits for the past 2 months. He went to many doctors and was told nothing was wrong or sinuses. Finally he got the truthful doctor that told him it’s from the Covid shot and many people have heart and respiratory issues from the vaccine.
Every time I hear of this type of thing I always think back as to how my employers back then threatened to fire me if I didn’t get the vaccine. And they actually harassed me until I quit. But you know what I traded a big salary for life and I’m glad I did, they can kiss it where the sun doesn’t shine 😃
Same here, I chose not to get vaccinated. I have no issue with those who did. I'm personally glad I didn't. There was however a very strenuous campaign on many fronts to coerce people to get vaccinated. I've had Covid once in 2020, very mild. My wife got the vaccine & a booster. She's had Covid several times & many auto immune issues she never had before. Some made her quite ill. She is now an anti-vaccer. Sad, but I do not trust the government to have my best interests at heart. I'll say no more as this is probably better discussed in a different forum.
 
A associate has been having coughing fits for the past 2 months. He went to many doctors and was told nothing was wrong or sinuses. Finally he got the truthful doctor that told him it’s from the Covid shot and many people have heart and respiratory issues from the vaccine.
Every time I hear of this type of thing I always think back as to how my employers back then threatened to fire me if I didn’t get the vaccine. And they actually harassed me until I quit. But you know what I traded a big salary for life and I’m glad I did, they can kiss it where the sun doesn’t shine 😃
The Mrs and myself are pure bloods also, never even tested with those brain swabs.
Met the permission's daughter this week.
She's had COVID 5 times.
Had all her shots and boosters.

I mentioned that the shots might be the reason.
"Oh no, we know a person that died from it"

Just like any other cold or flu, stay home and get well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom