What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Sharpnin' time !

100_0279 - Copy.webp



100_0282.webp
 
Backstrap rules !!
I made jerky a few years ago 30 pounds of it ! Last elk I got. Damn good !! Homemade teriyaki marinade, pineapple juice, soy sauce, , brown sugar... I'm sure I'm missing something, glad I have the recipe written down !and each piece sprinkled with pepper.... arms said WTF Brah !! Using a pepper grinder. I used 3 of the round dehydrators. Oh and liquid smoke !
 
Backstrap rules !!
I made jerky a few years ago 30 pounds of it ! Last elk I got. Damn good !! Homemade teriyaki marinade, pineapple juice, soy sauce, , brown sugar... I'm sure I'm missing something, glad I have the recipe written down !and each piece sprinkled with pepper.... arms said WTF Brah !! Using a pepper grinder. I used 3 of the round dehydrators. Oh and liquid smoke !
Some venison sirloin and a small roast cut up to marinate for jerky.
Using oven at 160. Dry until it almost breaks when folded.
No Worcestershire sauce in the cupboard. So just soy sauce. Half as much Worcester as soy would be preferred.
Liquid smoke.
A dash of Tabasco.
Didn't see sweet basil so some Italian seasoning instead. Easy does it.
Fresh ground black pepper.
Dried red pepper.
A bit of water to bring liquid level to cover meat. Marinated a couple hours. Overnight wouldn't have bothered me but with the ladyfriend away this is my chance to stink up the house. I'm doin it!

Turned out nice.
A few bigger thick pieces should finish in the next hour.

I was gifted an electric drier last year. Ran a batch of jerky and it was blah.
( I also forgot to use the lid for it, L.o.l..)
 
Some venison sirloin and a small roast cut up to marinate for jerky.
Using oven at 160. Dry until it almost breaks when folded.
No Worcestershire sauce in the cupboard. So just soy sauce. Half as much Worcester as soy would be preferred.
Liquid smoke.
A dash of Tabasco.
Didn't see sweet basil so some Italian seasoning instead. Easy does it.
Fresh ground black pepper.
Dried red pepper.
A bit of water to bring liquid level to cover meat. Marinated a couple hours. Overnight wouldn't have bothered me but with the ladyfriend away this is my chance to stink up the house. I'm doin it!

Turned out nice.
A few bigger thick pieces should finish in the next hour.

I was gifted an electric drier last year. Ran a batch of jerky and it was blah.
( I also forgot to use the lid for it, L.o.l..)
I have a smoker now so that will be the jerky maker. Worcestershire, soy, homemade teriyaki, brown sugar black and white pepper and marinate for 2 days.
 
Backstrap rules !!
I made jerky a few years ago 30 pounds of it ! Last elk I got. Damn good !! Homemade teriyaki marinade, pineapple juice, soy sauce, , brown sugar... I'm sure I'm missing something, glad I have the recipe written down !and each piece sprinkled with pepper.... arms said WTF Brah !! Using a pepper grinder. I used 3 of the round dehydrators. Oh and liquid smoke !
My secret ingredient was Holbrooks Worcestershire sauce and Jim Beam black.
 
Wow, there was a brutal shark attack in Sydney yesterday. Monster probably a White took a guy in the surf, board bit in half and took both legs and half an arm.
Saw his mates on TV say he was a hero. He saw it as others were out there and paddled out to warn them all and make sure they got in safe. He was the last in, behind them all and it took him. ☹️ What a horrific way to go.
 
Wow, there was a brutal shark attack in Sydney yesterday. Monster probably a White took a guy in the surf, board bit in half and took both legs and half an arm.
Saw his mates on TV say he was a hero. He saw it as others were out there and paddled out to warn them all and make sure they got in safe. He was the last in, behind them all and it took him. ☹️ What a horrific way to go.
Boy that’s terrible
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom