What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hey anyone else had an upper molar removed that a root exposed, when removed, the nasal cavity? I had it done 2 days ago. They stitched it to hold the sides together better and help it heal. Yesterday wasn't bad but all the anesthetic has worn off now and the pain going into the sinus is increased. So I have been told for 2 weeks avoid as much as you can sneezing, do everything you can not to and no blowing your nose (spring hay fever time too) dont use straws, don't drink alcohol, and zero exercise or strength activity and no altitude travel. Im on antibiotics too. I can't put any pressure on that side of the face too I was told. I get checked next week but if it doesn't take healing over it has to be fixed by a dental surgeon. 🫤
I never knew it was a thing till now. Anyone else had it.

yikes.

One eyetooth is an implant. The other eye tooth still missing. Bone graft for the replaced eyetooth before the implant stud was run in.
( They are close to sinus when it comes to pulling.)

After a crown broke off in April right behind the implanted eye tooth I wore the root top until about two weeks ago.
Problem root (one leg of it crooked) of course.

I argue with my dentist about the long drive to the specialist he prefers. Again.
But that office does great work.
30 minutes in the chair and the roots were gone and an implant stud in my jaw there.
The second night I felt the needle spot on top inside for a few seconds but when I asked myself if it was real it quit.
That was it for any discomfort. (!)
I don't know if they cauterized it or what. I was conscious and didn't note any stitching.
Took the prescribed ibuprofen for about four days.
 
I will guess those boats... in North Bend/Coos Bay Oregon.... are getting oysters.


shucked daily.webp
 
yikes.

One eyetooth is an implant. The other eye tooth still missing. Bone graft for the replaced eyetooth before the implant stud was run in.
( They are close to sinus when it comes to pulling.)

After a crown broke off in April right behind the implanted eye tooth I wore the root top until about two weeks ago.
Problem root (one leg of it crooked) of course.

I argue with my dentist about the long drive to the specialist he prefers. Again.
But that office does great work.
30 minutes in the chair and the roots were gone and an implant stud in my jaw there.
The second night I felt the needle spot on top inside for a few seconds but when I asked myself if it was real it quit.
That was it for any discomfort. (!)
I don't know if they cauterized it or what. I was conscious and didn't note any stitching.
Took the prescribed ibuprofen for about four days.
Damn... I hope you and the Aussie are OK !!
 
yikes.

One eyetooth is an implant. The other eye tooth still missing. Bone graft for the replaced eyetooth before the implant stud was run in.
( They are close to sinus when it comes to pulling.)

After a crown broke off in April right behind the implanted eye tooth I wore the root top until about two weeks ago.
Problem root (one leg of it crooked) of course.

I argue with my dentist about the long drive to the specialist he prefers. Again.
But that office does great work.
30 minutes in the chair and the roots were gone and an implant stud in my jaw there.
The second night I felt the needle spot on top inside for a few seconds but when I asked myself if it was real it quit.
That was it for any discomfort. (!)
I don't know if they cauterized it or what. I was conscious and didn't note any stitching.
Took the prescribed ibuprofen for about four days.
Yeah mate that was my problem, the roots were not straight but curved and one curved into the sinus cavity. He had to cut the tooth in sections to pull each root out separately. Took nearly an hour and a half. Just got up, morning here, don't even want to talk, luke warm coffee ☹️ and have to kind of swallow with my head tilted to the side so it doesn't go on the wound area. Id love to demolish a half bottle of Bourbon right now. Alas, no.
 
Yep, had to have bone graft to plug it back up. Three weeks of pretty intense pain! It's all good now though with an implant.
Bone graft to plug it! 😵‍💫
Please heal, please heal, please...
 
Yeah mate that was my problem, the roots were not straight but curved and one curved into the sinus cavity. He had to cut the tooth in sections to pull each root out separately. Took nearly an hour and a half. Just got up, morning here, don't even want to talk, luke warm coffee ☹️ and have to kind of swallow with my head tilted to the side so it doesn't go on the wound area. Id love to demolish a half bottle of Bourbon right now. Alas, no.
I had my share of roots removed back in the days where I might of fared better if I had some common sense.
The chiclets took a beating.
Never want to experience a dry socket if you can.
At least the long roots were straight and they only get to them.
 
I had my share of roots removed back in the days where I might of fared better if I had some common sense.
The chiclets took a beating.
Never want to experience a dry socket if you can.
At least the long roots were straight and they only get to them.
dennis-the-menace-lg-2230187608.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom