What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I did okay on the sloops yesterday and keep my footing. My first fine was my buddy pin pointer he lost up there last week. Then four silver before any clad showed up. After my fifth silver and my friend had none I gave him my next 3 high signals, 1st 2 were aluminum junk and the 3rd was a 1917 mercury dime. View attachment 2225256View attachment 2225257View attachment 2225258We still have a lot of area to check.
Is this a treasure mark rock? Lol looks like an angry turtle head watching his treasures. View attachment 2225259
What if it had been a 1916 D Merc?
:angel12:
 
I did okay on the sloops yesterday and keep my footing. My first fine was my buddy pin pointer he lost up there last week. Then four silver before any clad showed up. After my fifth silver and my friend had none I gave him my next 3 high signals, 1st 2 were aluminum junk and the 3rd was a 1917 mercury dime. View attachment 2225256View attachment 2225257View attachment 2225258We still have a lot of area to check.
Is this a treasure mark rock? Lol looks like an angry turtle head watching his treasures. View attachment 2225259
Nice hunt on the silvers and Buffalo.
Do you think we could introduce my rock with your rock.
Then start selling off the pebbles?
20250912_171836.webp
 
I did okay on the sloops yesterday and keep my footing. My first fine was my buddy pin pointer he lost up there last week. Then four silver before any clad showed up. After my fifth silver and my friend had none I gave him my next 3 high signals, 1st 2 were aluminum junk and the 3rd was a 1917 mercury dime. View attachment 2225256View attachment 2225257View attachment 2225258We still have a lot of area to check.
Is this a treasure mark rock? Lol looks like an angry turtle head watching his treasures. View attachment 2225259
Mornin Evan!

Awesome hunt!
Congrats.
I'm unable to decide if the button is custom or common back when... So I can't pick a favorite recovery of yours. Awww.

Be careful on the Sloops for sure!


+
 
I did okay on the sloops yesterday and keep my footing. My first fine was my buddy pin pointer he lost up there last week. Then four silver before any clad showed up. After my fifth silver and my friend had none I gave him my next 3 high signals, 1st 2 were aluminum junk and the 3rd was a 1917 mercury dime. View attachment 2225256View attachment 2225257View attachment 2225258We still have a lot of area to check.
Is this a treasure mark rock? Lol looks like an angry turtle head watching his treasures. View attachment 2225259
I saw a guy I know who has a big Civil War collection and he said contact him after the 1st thaw? I guess maybe the dirt is softer idk. But we will be swinging the MDs on some permissions I have. Nice finds Evan and it was nice of you to let your friend dig some of your hits.
 
:coffee2: Good morning everyone. Heading home to Florida today from our Alaskan cruise. It was very nice. Cool weather for the week with little rain. The scenery is beautiful, but I think it would be a difficult place to live year around. Mendenhall Glacier outside of Juneau. View attachment 2225242
Did you have any time to try and spy some surface finds? I’ve heard that they are just laying in the sun waiting for someone to walk by.
 
We hiked a little at one Glacier but it was a path that millions have walked over the years. Then a train ride high up into the mountains. Also in Glacier Bay it was sight seeing from the ship all day. They got right up to the Glaciers. A Forrest Service Ranger was narrating that trip, very interesting. Wild country everywhere. Another great place was the Maltings Whiskey Bar on the ship! For some reason we seemed to find our way there each night.
20250911_094204.webp
 
We hiked a little at one Glacier but it was a path that millions have walked over the years. Then a train ride high up into the mountains. Also in Glacier Bay it was sight seeing from the ship all day. They got right up to the Glaciers. A Forrest Service Ranger was narrating that trip, very interesting. Wild country everywhere. Another great place was the Maltings Whiskey Bar on the ship! For some reason we seemed to find our way there each night. View attachment 2225280
Betcha your not "too damn hot" now !!!
Very cool by the way!
 
Eating or selling?
Eating ! Once my inside cabinet, finish work... doors ...window sills... job is ready I won't have a lot of time.
 
Wow. I haven't seen that thing in a very long time!
I about fell on my ass trying to get the pic ! Hand held zooming !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom