What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

:coffee2: Good morning everyone. Heading home to Florida today from our Alaskan cruise. It was very nice. Cool weather for the week with little rain. The scenery is beautiful, but I think it would be a difficult place to live year around. Mendenhall Glacier outside of Juneau.
20250909_162828.webp
 
Last edited:
Well yesterday should of been a good roadtrip, but the 🌶 didn't have his MOJO in his world.
Fields that were in the dream thinking were replanted already. The others not cropped yet.
I ticked a few hunches off the thought list, and called it a day.
Thought heck I'd go to a small parkette that has a small ⛱️. Beautiful weather, Sunday afternoon, parkette parking lot full.
OK- 🍦 time.
 
Mornin all.

Lined up a look see at some old canvas tents tomorrow.
Don't tell my old faithful one.

One of them that inspired my making contact after weeks of consideration ; with no floor or windows has sides that can be raised a couple feet or more in hot weather.
 
Well yesterday should of been a good roadtrip, but the 🌶 didn't have his MOJO in his world.
Fields that were in the dream thinking were replanted already. The others not cropped yet.
I ticked a few hunches off the thought list, and called it a day.
Thought heck I'd go to a small parkette that has a small ⛱️. Beautiful weather, Sunday afternoon, parkette parking lot full.
OK- 🍦 time.

Miss my boy and it's been several years since we rode together.
He knew where we were on the road during our short distance hunting trips at times.
I suspect by scent. One area we crossed a small river he'd get attentive as if we were going to stop soon which we were..
But hey them adventures and trips out in the rain and snow outside were all worth the missing him still today..

 
I finished the bummer day by going shopping 🤣
Tried to buy some gold, but it didn't happen.
There was a piece that was worth $4900 in scrap value.
But I let it go @$ 2750 + 31%BP/taxes
Still room but still a chunk of $$$.

So I bought this piece instead for $73.00. Can.

Screenshot_20250915_083826_Samsung Internet.webp
Screenshot_20250915_083939_Samsung Internet.webp
 
Miss my boy and it's been several years since we rode together.
He knew where we were on the road during our short distance hunting trips at times.
I suspect by scent. On area we crossed a small river he'd get attentive as if we were going to stop soon which we were..
But hey them adventures and trips out in the rain and snow outside were all worth the missing him still today..


Our first dog Cluster, (the guard dog at the scrap yard. 🤣)
Loved people-killed anything with fur or feathers.
We would take him out in the truck and he knew where Lake Ontario was.
I'd look over and these 2 streams of drool would be from the seat to the corners of his mouth.
125 lb Black Lab/Newfoundlander mix.
 
I finished the bummer day by going shopping 🤣
Tried to buy some gold, but it didn't happen.
There was a piece that was worth $4900 in scrap value.
But I let it go @$ 2750 + 31%BP/taxes
Still room but still a chunk of $$$.

So I bought this piece instead for $73.00. Can.

View attachment 2225251View attachment 2225252
Nice.
I like the leather in place of a chain too.
Most any pocket watch is a Gentleman's watch. Even the former dollar watches.
I can say that having broken so many...Probably all I've carried.
Granted I'm not a Gentlemans Gentleman but the amount of pressure and damage a pocket watch can tolerate is well below what I can administer on even a calm day apparently.
Had to quit wrist watches too.
They become pocket watches after the pins are tore out so often the holes fragment on the sides. The surviving longest side allowing the watch to be held up by it to squint through the hazy or cracked or both face (the watches hazy face ) to estimate time.
 
Our first dog Cluster, (the guard dog at the scrap yard. 🤣)
Loved people-killed anything with fur or feathers.
We would take him out in the truck and he knew where Lake Ontario was.
I'd look over and these 2 streams of drool would be from the seat to the corners of his mouth.
125 lb Black Lab/Newfoundlander mix.

Paralyzed friend had a Newfie.
That ding a ling (the dog) would walk under my high amputation site when I was on crutches and have me on my tiptoe. I can almost swear that dog giggled when doing so. His way of saying Hi.
Dang near had a bull ridin rodeo going on. Can't say he didn't offer.
 
I did okay on the sloops yesterday and keep my footing. My first fine was my buddy pin pointer he lost up there last week. Then four silver before any clad showed up. After my fifth silver and my friend had none I gave him my next 3 high signals, 1st 2 were aluminum junk and the 3rd was a 1917 mercury dime.
IMG_1914.webp
IMG_1912.webp
IMG_1907.webp
We still have a lot of area to check.
Is this a treasure mark rock? Lol looks like an angry turtle head watching his treasures.
IMG_1905.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom