What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

That's a Crane Fly, also sometimes called a "Mosquito Eater", even though they don't actually eat mosquitos. I freaked out a little the first time I saw one though, before I knew what they were. : :icon_thumright:
 
Like what's a handcrafted Turkish tinned copper ewer worth these days? :dontknow:

20250920_184309.webp
 
Last edited:
Morning EVERYONE !!! I hope you all have a GREAT DAY !! ;)
 
Day before yesterday I was picking up the order of cheese from the maker.
We were chatting and I replied regarding the F250.
Ya, impulse buy, the F150 has seen better days.
Going to scrap it.
How much?
$200
Yesterday it's now on piers ready to be scrap/ parted out truck.
I stopped by a guy's place yesterday, his Mrs called him regarding the same truck.

It's a 2004, I will be parting it out cheap.
(I know he needs a computer plus brake parts)
I’ll give you $200 for it.
I can get $450 at the scrap yards.

Ok $300 "but I don't get paid till next Friday".
(Like why would I do that)🤣

I'll strip off the catalytic converters, aluminum, and throw an Ad up for parts.
Get a 20yrd bin, put the truck in fill the box will misc steel.
NOTE: The Mrs Pepper 🫑said this.
"You'll never change"😍

It must be in the blood, I love doing the scrap.
20250920_160813.webp

I threw a battery in it, the 5.4 Titan purrs.
I wish I had kept the tires 😩
It would of been easier, but the cousin had picked up the tires by the time I called back.

Oh well, another 13 ft steel beam up front will work to grab the car hauler out.
 
Day before yesterday I was picking up the order of cheese from the maker.
We were chatting and I replied regarding the F250.
Ya, impulse buy, the F150 has seen better days.
Going to scrap it.
How much?
$200
Yesterday it's now on piers ready to be scrap/ parted out truck.
I stopped by a guy's place yesterday, his Mrs called him regarding the same truck.

It's a 2004, I will be parting it out cheap.
(I know he needs a computer plus brake parts)
I’ll give you $200 for it.
I can get $450 at the scrap yards.

Ok $300 "but I don't get paid till next Friday".
(Like why would I do that)🤣

I'll strip off the catalytic converters, aluminum, and throw an Ad up for parts.
Get a 20yrd bin, put the truck in fill the box will misc steel.
NOTE: The Mrs Pepper 🫑said this.
"You'll never change"😍

It must be in the blood, I love doing the scrap.
View attachment 2226046
I threw a battery in it, the 5.4 Titan purrs.
I wish I had kept the tires 😩
It would of been easier, but the cousin had picked up the tires by the time I called back.

Oh well, another 13 ft steel beam up front will work to grab the car hauler out.

Dang P.J..
A lot of meat on it's bones still.

Replaced a door mirror on the 08 250 that rusted so bad it broke off hitting about a quarter inch branch of brush while plowing. That's pretty rusted.
The process of replacing the mirror had stunts involved not all that short of pulling all four wheels.
Paper shimming of socket kept from losing a nut inside the door.( I didn't have any mineral caulk/plumbers putty on hand.)
 
Screenshot_20250921_124837_Gallery.webp


18 foot live edge "window pane" epoxy pour. There are secrets to this type of epoxy work....last night I got 3 gallons down in under 20 minutes for a 99% perfect pour....1 small air bubble. People have been pursuing me for this skill set for many years....I prefer not to do any of this epoxy bull crap...but....they pay my exorbitant fees to do it now and again. No one has figured out my secret....aluminum foil tape is the only way to make a damn around the edges of the project. Any other tapes will fail, and leak. I peel this tape immediately so no one sees the trade secret. I was there at 7am this morning peeling the ultra stiff, and super sticky aluminum foil tape. It takes 2 people to apply the tape because there is a backing paper that must be peeled by one person while the other carfully applies the the foil tape simultaneously. Its a delicate dance that partners must learn over time....big bar top epoxy pours take a specialized team that has worked together on these projects for years beforehand. I was lucky to have my old partner back for this pour !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom