What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

BB you sure have some great dealings :) I do like lobster though., can not remember the last time i had any Do you want to send me some ? :) hehehe
 
I’ve noticed that’s what retired people do is travel. Safe travels
Some do, some don't, some can, some won't.
Been 10.5 yrs since I even flew.
I guess it's a "Been there done that."

Maybe when I retire from being retired we might do a river cruise in Europe.
Though the way the part of the world is looking it probably won't happen.
 
Got another good soaking rain overnight.
Not ss much as the 1.75" as the other day, but over an inch. This one soaked in nicely it seems.
Off to the city to do the auction pickup, rejecting 1 lot unless they compensate me huge.
Bought a reclining stressless leather chair and footstool by EKORNES. Hopefully the rain will be over by the time I go.

Leather and water really didn't mix well.
Though I see on another auction there's a leather water pail.
Must be an African thingy.
But there's a 20" Billy club 🤔
Ya that's more my thinking.

Thinking an early Michael Jackson song while swinging it.

Screenshot_20250925_095009_Chrome.webp


I'm sure I will hear a WTF in the 👂 🙉 from the Mrs 🫑.
You're serious about this?
NO!
The riding crop dearest 😍 🤣
SLAP!
 
My coonie is talking it up today. little short meow and purr at the same time. If i'm talking to him while he is eating he will purr/meow/chatter ....while he is eating ! You can hear him purr from across the room. I never dreamed a cat could have such a personality, and is so smart.... coolest cat ever !
 
Last edited:
Sweet onions, green peppers, garlic salt, Sweet Baby Rays honey and teriyaki sauce and skirt steak all simmering together for about 25 minutes. After cooked hogue rolls with honey mustard and provolone cheese.
What a treat
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6148.webp
    IMG_6148.webp
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6150.webp
    IMG_6150.webp
    645.1 KB · Views: 22
Sweet onions, green peppers, garlic salt, Sweet Baby Rays honey and teriyaki sauce and skirt steak all simmering together for about 25 minutes. After cooked hogue rolls with honey mustard and provolone cheese.
What a treat
Ok I'm going to have to ask.(Canadian)
You dress your steaks down there?
I did these sirloin rare/rare medium.
20250901_190834.webp

Hold the boxer steak please 🤣
 
Well the rain held off for the auction pick up.

So the gold chain tested ok, weight ok.

The watch lot was rejected and refund paperwork done.
Would of been nice if it had been good.
I put in an offer regarding the 2 gold pieces weighing 5.2 grams.

The other buyer rejected 3 lots of gold.
She confirmed with me for testing and weighing, while grumbling as she drove a long ways.
Misty rain still happening.
 
Well the rain held off for the auction pick up.

So the gold chain tested ok, weight ok.

The watch lot was rejected and refund paperwork done.
Would of been nice if it had been good.
I put in an offer regarding the 2 gold pieces weighing 5.2 grams.

The other buyer rejected 3 lots of gold.
She confirmed with me for testing and weighing, while grumbling as she drove a long ways.
Misty rain still happening.
Curious as to why you invest in gold jewelry rather than other forms like ingots?
 
Curious as to why you invest in gold jewelry rather than other forms like ingots?
I hate what a person gets charged for a premium.
So if everything went sideways and gold and silver was one of the preferred currencies.
Everything was bought by the gram.

Would an 24K one ounce ingot bring more than 53.35 grams of 14K.

I made a 53% profit on the 14K chain I bought, so that beats the banks 3%.
 
I hate what a person gets charged for a premium.
So if everything went sideways and gold and silver was one of the preferred currencies.
Everything was bought by the gram.

Would an 24K one ounce ingot bring more than 53.35 grams of 14K.

I made a 53% profit on the 14K chain I bought, so that beats the banks 3%.
So are you saying you are getting this jewelry way under its gold value then.
 
So are you saying you are getting this jewelry way under its gold value then.
From the auction price there's a 18% buyers fee.
Then they add the 13% on top of that.
The smelter is paying 95% of spot this morning.
So how much risk will I go?
I still like to see a spread of 25%.
Note: I don't drive 30 miles to pick up something that weighs 2 grams.
 
I hate what a person gets charged for a premium.
So if everything went sideways and gold and silver was one of the preferred currencies.
Everything was bought by the gram.

Would an 24K one ounce ingot bring more than 53.35 grams of 14K.

I made a 53% profit on the 14K chain I bought, so that beats the banks 3%.
What about a nice gold over bronze necklace? 🤑🙃
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom