What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I lost one of my best friends yesterday. My Bahamian friend and treasurehunting partner passed away from complications due to heart surgery. We had just done our first dives hunting shipwrecks together in June of this year. We finally had our permits and lease boxes from the Bahamian government. We found 3 separate shipwrecks this summer, and were gearing up for excavation. Then there was the heart surgery....it happened fast, and it became the primary focus. We raised money for the surgery any and every way we could, and it was a challenge to raise all the funds. Finally the day came after many tests and doctors consultations. After a six hour procedure he was recovering in ICU when the lord took him. I've been devastated 💔 since yesterday morning.....I went in the ocean and cried through my snorkel all day !! A wonderful stranger let me cry on her shoulder while we sat in the shallow water !! We had such a shared love for underwater salvage !! We had so many big plans. We were so excited for the future, and now he's just gone....as quick as a lighting flash its over. I haven't slept, and im just emotionally exhausted 😪. This has really been a rough month for me. All I can say is cherish every breath, love your family and friends, and celebrate life everyday. I will never forget our time together !! I've lost a true friend and a very special person who touched everyone he came in contact with. God please bless my friend and brother Ricky Darville 🙏 hopefully there are dobloons under every cloud he flips over !! Im just in shock right now !!
As I've reminded those around me. *EVERYTHING* can and does change in the span of one single heart beat. 💔

And *nothing* is ever the same after.

Two things come to mind for you....

1: https://www.treasurenet.com/threads...-shoes-required-open-24-7.615860/post-6613499

and 2...... Try to think about how your friend would want you to live....after hes gone.
🙏
 
I lost one of my best friends yesterday. My Bahamian friend and treasurehunting partner passed away from complications due to heart surgery. We had just done our first dives hunting shipwrecks together in June of this year. We finally had our permits and lease boxes from the Bahamian government. We found 3 separate shipwrecks this summer, and were gearing up for excavation. Then there was the heart surgery....it happened fast, and it became the primary focus. We raised money for the surgery any and every way we could, and it was a challenge to raise all the funds. Finally the day came after many tests and doctors consultations. After a six hour procedure he was recovering in ICU when the lord took him. I've been devastated 💔 since yesterday morning.....I went in the ocean and cried through my snorkel all day !! A wonderful stranger let me cry on her shoulder while we sat in the shallow water !! We had such a shared love for underwater salvage !! We had so many big plans. We were so excited for the future, and now he's just gone....as quick as a lighting flash its over. I haven't slept, and im just emotionally exhausted 😪. This has really been a rough month for me. All I can say is cherish every breath, love your family and friends, and celebrate life everyday. I will never forget our time together !! I've lost a true friend and a very special person who touched everyone he came in contact with. God please bless my friend and brother Ricky Darville 🙏 hopefully there are dobloons under every cloud he flips over !! Im just in shock right now !!
My condolences. Losing a friend, especially a close friend hurts ! Friends are family...Best friends can like the same things as you, get your jokes, put up with more...sometimes. So sorry to hear this !
 
As I've reminded those around me. *EVERYTHING* can and does change in the span of one single heart beat. 💔

And *nothing* is ever the same after.

Two things come to mind for you....

1: https://www.treasurenet.com/threads...-shoes-required-open-24-7.615860/post-6613499

and 2...... Try to think about how your friend would want you to live....after hes gone.
🙏
Whadi....I went to the ocean to heal....I was hoping to be alone with my thoughts, and sorrow, and figured I could cry underwater and not disturb anyone else with my grief. But as is the case with a metaldetector in hand....a very cheerful woman came up to ask me the typical questions.....she quickly noticed me crying.....she stayed with me in the shallow water and just hugged and cried with me....I never got her name.....wonderfully kind and compassionate people are out there, and she held me up in a very vulnerable moment. So kind of her to comfort me without hesitation of who I was !!
 
My condolences. Losing a friend, especially a close friend hurts ! Friends are family...Best friends can like the same things as you, get your jokes, put up with more...sometimes. So sorry to hear this !
Thanks OV...I appreciate your compassion 🙏
 
Screenshot 2025-09-26 at 13-02-29 current brookings oregon temp - Google Search.webp


But... its 93 at my place !!
 
I got a call this morning, screened it because of spammers and other assholes.. A Gentleman (I was fooled) stated that his deck railing was rotting and falling down. He also said that he couldn't get any contractors to even call him back, let alone look at it. OK, I'll have a look. Deck rail facing the ocean, sand on the deck it's so close to the Pacific. 2x2's with a 2x6 top rail. Oh its rotted! I pull a 2x2 off...it literally fell into my hands ! It's fir. I show him and tell him the bad news. Can't be ! he says, I paid one of you guys to replace the last rail with redwood. One of you guys ? Strike one!
He claimed it was also stained with the good stuff. Uh huh.. I explained it's fir that's why it rotted so fast. He says... the studs in my house are fir and they are fine. I explain salt water corrodes everything and fast. and deck is taking the brunt of the storm, and exposed to the weather. Cedar and oil based stain is whats needed or composite deck railings. Well he says he could help a little to speed things up and lower my price.
Strike two !!
He stated hourly you will drag your feet if its a fixed price you will hurry and make a chunk of money fast.
Strike tree !!
I tell him the 2x2's are holding up the rail which is common, but is the bottom of the deck they are attached to rotting/rotten too ? Yep ! outer deck exposed to the weather was starting to rot. Nope I tell him I have 9 months of work and can't get to it. He says... can we just do a quick temporary fix ? I said no that's what the last guy did ! He says I paid him good money and he did it right !! I'm leaving and he... with renewed energy is following me saying.. OK we can talk about your price. I said nope! Sorry can't get to it call me next summer and we will talk (we will not)

And I'm done for the day.

skills lium.gif
 
Last edited:
Hours in to get to the stage after changing fluids a tractor backfires.
Backfires using carb cleaner..
Peeked under distributor cap and wiped pylons off and edge or rotor.
Pulled all spark plugs and eyed them. Used a small prybar to move valves in case one was stock.
Didn't expose ignition points and wipe them. Wasn't up to trip twenty or whatever out to the pole barn again.
Suspecting carb. Timing shouldn't have changed. Pulled jet and ran a wire through it. Added fresh rec fuel and drained carb at bottom and fuel line to be sure it;s flowing and with good fuel.

So went to the other tractor leaking fuel until dry and swapped out the screw in stop lever with a new one. Different sized wrench to run them but same sized threads.
Need to clean tank up before a fuel test.
 
Yeah, we're flying out to Oregon Sunday & your giving me a week of rain!?:dontknow:
If I could "give" weather..... If I had that kind of power I would just transport you to Oregon ! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Look at a few posts back... or up
I got a call this morning, screened it because of spammers and other assholes.. A Gentleman (I was fooled) stated that his deck railing was rotting and falling down. He also said that he couldn't get any contractors to even call him back, let alone look at it. OK, I'll have a look. Deck rail facing the ocean, sand on the deck it's so close to the Pacific. 2x2's with a 2x6 top rail. Oh its rotted! I pull a 2x2 off...it literally fell into my hands ! It's fir. I show him and tell him the bad news. Can't be ! he says, I paid one of you guys to replace the last rail with redwood. One of you guys ? Strike one!
He claimed it was also stained with the good stuff. Uh huh.. I explained it's fir that's why it rotted so fast. He says... the studs in my house are fir and they are fine. I explain salt water corrodes everything and fast. and deck is taking the brunt of the storm, and exposed to the weather. Cedar and oil based stain is whats needed or composite deck railings. Well he says he could help a little to speed things up and lower my price.
Strike two !!
He stated hourly you will drag your feet if its a fixed price you will hurry and make a chunk of money fast.
Strike tree !!
I tell him the 2x2's are holding up the rail which is common, but is the bottom of the deck they are attached to rotting/rotten too ? Yep ! outer deck exposed to the weather was starting to rot. Nope I tell him I have 9 months of work and can't get to it. He says... can we just do a quick temporary fix ? I said no that's what the last guy did ! He says I paid him good money and he did it right !! I'm leaving and he... with renewed energy is following me saying.. OK we can talk about your price. I said nope! Sorry can't get to it call me next summer and we will talk (we will not)

And I'm done for the day.

View attachment 2226615
For Chili !
 
As I've reminded those around me. *EVERYTHING* can and does change in the span of one single heart beat. 💔
It does. I checked out several weeks ago. Misses brought me back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom