What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone. Time to wake up.

IMG_4309.webp
 
Never can understand people like that. I hate ingratitude.
One saying is that Ingratitude is worse than revenge for revenge repays evil for evil, whilst Ingratitude repays evil for good. Its an insight into the essence of the person.
Or as Wolfgang Von Goethe
Yes it was a moment to remember. I can’t get another job until I get my medical stuff fixed
 
Never can understand people like that. I hate ingratitude.
One saying is that Ingratitude is worse than revenge for revenge repays evil for evil, whilst Ingratitude repays evil for good. Its an insight into the essence of the person.
Or as Wolfgang Von Goethe says.
View attachment 2231157
I went 10 days straight without a day off and not even a single thank you
 
My wife is an avid shell collector. She travels all over Florida collecting every type of shell imaginable from the beaches. She also collects fossil shells from shell pits and roadside construction. She makes crafts from the shells too as a hobby.. When fill dirt is dumped the large shells are sorted out so the fill can be compacted better. She grabs the nicer ones for making crafts. These are very old and large Lightning Welks that came from an inland marl quarry. They are thousands of years old. They were deposited when the entire state of Florida was covered by the sea. These are a few of the crafts she makes with them.
20251026_163720.webp
20251026_163856.webp
20251026_163912.webp
 
The weather Channel forecast was for a low of 34F. Present temperature is 24F.
Like WTF it's about the 3rd or 4th time it's happened this fall.
I'm seriously thinking that by not forecasting low temperatures folks won't cover or protect fragile items.
They then loose them and become more reliant on the system.
Temperature forecasting was pretty accurate for years now, it was moisture that they were off as a system can miss an local area completely.
They have Turkey, Geese, Duck, Deer, seasons-Why not weather forecasters?
 
I went 10 days straight without a day off and not even a single thank you
There are a LOT OF UNGRATEFUL people in the world !!!! A horse club I belong to sells raffle tickets every year. I am always the top seller. This year I sold 1,045 tickets, The tickets were 5 tickets for $20 or $5.00 each. This year I turned in $$4,165 . This past drawing I had 4 people win . First prize was $1,500 then it dropped to $1,000 then $500 then $250 Then 5 winners at $100 then 3 winners at $50 . The president , The vice president the sec, and treasure all at one point were close to me., NOT ONE PERSON TOLD ME THANK YOU .In the past 8 years I know i have turned in over $10,000 !!!!! I will tell you this they have lost a member
 
My wife is an avid shell collector. She travels all over Florida collecting every type of shell imaginable from the beaches. She also collects fossil shells from shell pits and roadside construction. She makes crafts from the shells too as a hobby.. When fill dirt is dumped the large shells are sorted out so the fill can be compacted better. She grabs the nicer ones for making crafts. These are very old and large Lightning Welks that came from an inland marl quarry. They are thousands of years old. They were deposited when the entire state of Florida was covered by the sea. These are a few of the crafts she makes with them.View attachment 2231221View attachment 2231219View attachment 2231220
This is some Mighty fine art work not to mention the shells :)
 
My wife is an avid shell collector. She travels all over Florida collecting every type of shell imaginable from the beaches. She also collects fossil shells from shell pits and roadside construction. She makes crafts from the shells too as a hobby.. When fill dirt is dumped the large shells are sorted out so the fill can be compacted better. She grabs the nicer ones for making crafts. These are very old and large Lightning Welks that came from an inland marl quarry. They are thousands of years old. They were deposited when the entire state of Florida was covered by the sea. These are a few of the crafts she makes with them.View attachment 2231221View attachment 2231219View attachment 2231220
My misses would love them. She used to collect shells but has given probably 80% of them away as gifts to people she liked, kids and others.
My father liked shells too and he brought back a number of them when he was in the Navy before I was born. He loved the times when they would be stopped over in Nu Guinea. He'd tell me about how around the islands youd see the night sky lit up by active volcanos in the distance. So one of the bigger shells he got free diving there, he was good at that, he turned into a momento of being there amongst the islands. The family hated it but they were ignorant and didn't get what it meant to him. I always loved it as it was something personal to him and I got what it meant to him. So I took it when he passed away. He was no Rembrandt but its a very personal bit of him I still have. One of my harmonicas for scale.
IMG_20251027_231408055~2.webp
 
There are a LOT OF UNGRATEFUL people in the world !!!! A horse club I belong to sells raffle tickets every year. I am always the top seller. This year I sold 1,045 tickets, The tickets were 5 tickets for $20 or $5.00 each. This year I turned in $$4,165 . This past drawing I had 4 people win . First prize was $1,500 then it dropped to $1,000 then $500 then $250 Then 5 winners at $100 then 3 winners at $50 . The president , The vice president the sec, and treasure all at one point were close to me., NOT ONE PERSON TOLD ME THANK YOU .In the past 8 years I know i have turned in over $10,000 !!!!! I will tell you this they have lost a member
Im becoming convinced that people in general these days actually don't like people who are nice as it shows up their darkness. I often get abused or the middle finger when, for example, im in a carpark area and another driver comes towards me so I motion for them to go and ill move to the side and stop for them to pass or park even though I actually have the right of way at times. Same in shops, ill move for someone, I don't have to, but I'll get a dirty look instead of thanks. People have become so vile that when you do something like give them the right of way or something, you have done something nice, that puts them in the situation of acknowledging it. In the past it was a wave, a kind nod of the head, a thanks. But they don't want to be kind or nice in return now days and you have put them in a situation that there is required a response. You have now infuriated them and they respond accordingly with swearing, filthy looks or the middle finger or all of the above at once. Sort of "how dare you be nice and put me in the position of acknowledging that in like manner!" I had one guy yelling abuse at me swearing his head off with kids in his car because I let him go first. It was a breath away from a punch up. 😂 For being nice can you believe it.
 
Chilli you are so correct :) I have had dealings on here and you can not believe the outcome
 
Im becoming convinced that people in general these days actually don't like people who are nice as it shows up their darkness. I often get abused or the middle finger when, for example, im in a carpark area and another driver comes towards me so I motion for them to go and ill move to the side and stop for them to pass or park even though I actually have the right of way at times. Same in shops, ill move for someone, I don't have to, but I'll get a dirty look instead of thanks. People have become so vile that when you do something like give them the right of way or something, you have done something nice, that puts them in the situation of acknowledging it. In the past it was a wave, a kind nod of the head, a thanks. But they don't want to be kind or nice in return now days and you have put them in a situation that there is required a response. You have now infuriated them and they respond accordingly with swearing, filthy looks or the middle finger or all of the above at once. Sort of "how dare you be nice and put me in the position of acknowledging that in like manner!" I had one guy yelling abuse at me swearing his head off with kids in his car because I let him go first. It was a breath away from a punch up. 😂 For being nice can you believe it.
"No good deed goes unpunished"

I have had this happen so many times in life that now it's a case of not doing anything anymore.
(More of a verbal warning "Don't you dare")

Chatting with my go to tire place. Buddy said you're better off not doing anything for anyone.
It takes a concentrated effort not to get involved with a situation that could be resolved quickly.
We were both involved in the community years ago. But it became apparent that tasks were easily allocated but rarely thanked.

Thus it was a good-bye for me and my time and out of pocket $. The Mrs pulled way back, but still is one a committee.
Though she pulled back from many because of the lack of support or even a nod.

It's strange though that if something is done with a negative impact there's more support for really odd reason.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom