What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

But what do you do with that kind of stuff? Tech stuff has sometimes changed enough you can't even give it away. TV is a good example -- if it's a TV that took analog broadcasts, you probably can't give it away. I've got one of those giant console TVs slowly decaying around here somewhere. I've sometimes been tempted to try to replace the guts with a modern TV so it still has the old cabinet look, but I don't know if it would even be worth the effort. And besides, who has time for such things?
Goodwill will take it, they will take damn near anything.
 
But what do you do with that kind of stuff? Tech stuff has sometimes changed enough you can't even give it away. TV is a good example -- if it's a TV that took analog broadcasts, you probably can't give it away. I've got one of those giant console TVs slowly decaying around here somewhere. I've sometimes been tempted to try to replace the guts with a modern TV so it still has the old cabinet look, but I don't know if it would even be worth the effort. And besides, who has time for such things?
A fish tank would be really cool
 
But what do you do with that kind of stuff? Tech stuff has sometimes changed enough you can't even give it away. TV is a good example -- if it's a TV that took analog broadcasts, you probably can't give it away. I've got one of those giant console TVs slowly decaying around here somewhere. I've sometimes been tempted to try to replace the guts with a modern TV so it still has the old cabinet look, but I don't know if it would even be worth the effort. And besides, who has time for such things?
Picture tubes are worth a few cents a pound for the lead content.
 
Today's treasure hunting in the shop.
NEW: 14" Bandsaw still in to shipping boxes.
I-General drill press (I do have a vise?)
1-15" wood planer

1 half pound less of mouse $hit.
Put up 2 shelves for the maple syrup stuff.
 
Buy some more. Then you'll find the ones you already have. That's the way it always works for me, anyway.
I bought more today. awaiting discovery of the a.w.o.l. package.
They no longer have a variety pack. And the ones I bought are bigger than what I lost one of.
But the size of replacement works! Hitch hauler ramp is ready for action again. (Standing on end dryly in the pole barn.)
 
We bought a nice entry door lock and key bronze thumb design for the front door way before the pandemic and still can’t find it. Probably would cost $500 now days. I saw it in the living room years ago so I know it’s somewhere
I see a storm door handle under the end table here. I was waiting for warmer weather late last winter to try fitting it again...
 
Man, can I relate! I've been hanging shelves and storage bins in just about all available wall space, cleaning and sorting and tossing things out that were probably useless a decade ago. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates.

"Don't throw that away! I can probably use it for something one of these days!"

usually followed by

"Just put it in that bin over there and I'll sort it out later."

Yeah, like, twenty years later.
I said for every storage place I have had that the next one would have all the shelving installed pre move in. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I fully understand the put there-I sort it later thing that we have said.
Then I'd we do it now it takes forever to do anything.
LOST: 1 Roll of ice & water shield
2 litter scoops
All 3 items were handled a few times this past week-go to get them....

Yes the shop of horrors makes the messy person look neat and tidy.
 
Last edited:
I guess I won’t hold my breath waiting for a Thank You ,cause I haven’t heard anything. All are acting like it’s just another day.
I soon realized in life that if you thought out of the box-rewards weren't there.
16 yrs old working on the R/R unloading steel.
We had this gondola car full of tie plates. Each one weighed 23.5 pounds.

So the gig was unload the car, then toss each plate to another guy along the track and make a pile.
Catching that weight gets old real fast, the guys were bluing the air. Drop one and the rhythm would get messed up.

I stopped and said let's get a couple of car movers, and move the gondola down the siding to the pile.
Brilliant idea 🌶

Well we finished in no time, big boss shows up and we're all laying around. The shit hit the fan, it was a dog Farking task and instead of taking 5 hrs, we finished in 1.5 hrs.
I came close in getting fired. $2.85 an hr brain power out witted big Roadmaster.🤣

Worked a lot of different jobs and they totalled up to 4 yrs of taking crap from someone.
Working for myself earned a tad more respect.
 
It's not worth much but it's an early tube version of the CB radio. Probably the mid 60s.
20251027_135132.webp
 
The shop of horrors pre clean up started a year ago.
Second attempt to gain more functional space.
I will post up the current condition maybe at weeks end.
So remember when the Mrs rags on you about the garage or she'd being untidy.
🌶 to the rescue 🤣

I remember a guy that suffers from OCD just staring in the shop of horror's doorway
.
What are you going to do with it all?
I still 🤣🤣🤣 at his query. (Poor guy probably still has nightmares)
3200 sq ft
20201023_140813.webp
20201023_140749.webp
20201023_140802.webp
20201023_140807.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom