What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well off to the shop of horrors. Trying to get a little more sorted, organized. The end game is to get more room.
Man, can I relate! I've been hanging shelves and storage bins in just about all available wall space, cleaning and sorting and tossing things out that were probably useless a decade ago. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates.

"Don't throw that away! I can probably use it for something one of these days!"

usually followed by

"Just put it in that bin over there and I'll sort it out later."

Yeah, like, twenty years later.
 
Man, can I relate! I've been hanging shelves and storage bins in just about all available wall space, cleaning and sorting and tossing things out that were probably useless a decade ago. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates.

"Don't throw that away! I can probably use it for something one of these days!"

usually followed by

"Just put it in that bin over there and I'll sort it out later."

Yeah, like, twenty years later.
Yep, and the more space you have the more junk you accumulate!
 
(Still haven't found the clips I bought recently....)
Buy some more. Then you'll find the ones you already have. That's the way it always works for me, anyway.
 
There are a LOT OF UNGRATEFUL people in the world !!!! A horse club I belong to sells raffle tickets every year. I am always the top seller. This year I sold 1,045 tickets, The tickets were 5 tickets for $20 or $5.00 each. This year I turned in $$4,165 . This past drawing I had 4 people win . First prize was $1,500 then it dropped to $1,000 then $500 then $250 Then 5 winners at $100 then 3 winners at $50 . The president , The vice president the sec, and treasure all at one point were close to me., NOT ONE PERSON TOLD ME THANK YOU .In the past 8 years I know i have turned in over $10,000 !!!!! I will tell you this they have lost a member
Suxs I know.
One place I worked at demanded you donate to their charity. They did pay you more money than most places. If you told them you didn’t want to donate it would show on your next raise. Probably getting kickbacks would be my guess cause it didn’t show up as a donation on my W-2
 
My wife is an avid shell collector. She travels all over Florida collecting every type of shell imaginable from the beaches. She also collects fossil shells from shell pits and roadside construction. She makes crafts from the shells too as a hobby.. When fill dirt is dumped the large shells are sorted out so the fill can be compacted better. She grabs the nicer ones for making crafts. These are very old and large Lightning Welks that came from an inland marl quarry. They are thousands of years old. They were deposited when the entire state of Florida was covered by the sea. These are a few of the crafts she makes with them.View attachment 2231221View attachment 2231219View attachment 2231220
Does she paint them by hand? Very cool
 
The weather Channel forecast was for a low of 34F. Present temperature is 24F.
Like WTF it's about the 3rd or 4th time it's happened this fall.
I'm seriously thinking that by not forecasting low temperatures folks won't cover or protect fragile items.
They then loose them and become more reliant on the system.
Temperature forecasting was pretty accurate for years now, it was moisture that they were off as a system can miss an local area completely.
They have Turkey, Geese, Duck, Deer, seasons-Why not weather forecasters?
We had a guy in Florida named Danny Trainer. He used to shop a store I worked at. Always drunk and a very rude and loud customer. Yelling you don’t know who I am do? I’m Danny Trainer and you better get my beer. Always drunk but sure did know how to give a good weather report.
24 sounds cold
 
"No good deed goes unpunished"

I have had this happen so many times in life that now it's a case of not doing anything anymore.
(More of a verbal warning "Don't you dare")

Chatting with my go to tire place. Buddy said you're better off not doing anything for anyone.
It takes a concentrated effort not to get involved with a situation that could be resolved quickly.
We were both involved in the community years ago. But it became apparent that tasks were easily allocated but rarely thanked.

Thus it was a good-bye for me and my time and out of pocket $. The Mrs pulled way back, but still is one a committee.
Though she pulled back from many because of the lack of support or even a nod.

It's strange though that if something is done with a negative impact there's more support for really odd reason.
Probably rare but I enjoy doing more than my fair share because in the past I’ve gotten bigger raises than many for being an overachiever. I don’t like to kiss the rear but instead show what I can do without doing that.
 
Mornin Evan!

You don't need junk until after you throw it away.
(Still haven't found the clips I bought recently....)
We bought a nice entry door lock and key bronze thumb design for the front door way before the pandemic and still can’t find it. Probably would cost $500 now days. I saw it in the living room years ago so I know it’s somewhere
 
Man, can I relate! I've been hanging shelves and storage bins in just about all available wall space, cleaning and sorting and tossing things out that were probably useless a decade ago. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates.

"Don't throw that away! I can probably use it for something one of these days!"

usually followed by

"Just put it in that bin over there and I'll sort it out later."

Yeah, like, twenty years later.
I still have a TV from 1993 that works in the garage. I think it’s time to let it go
 
I still have a TV from 1993 that works in the garage. I think it’s time to let it go
But what do you do with that kind of stuff? Tech stuff has sometimes changed enough you can't even give it away. TV is a good example -- if it's a TV that took analog broadcasts, you probably can't give it away. I've got one of those giant console TVs slowly decaying around here somewhere. I've sometimes been tempted to try to replace the guts with a modern TV so it still has the old cabinet look, but I don't know if it would even be worth the effort. And besides, who has time for such things?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom