What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Might be some copper in there
The transformer is worth $.67 a pound. Then the #2 insulated copper. As a complete unit the asking price is $25 it seems.
The tubes could be the hidden $$$ in old radio devices.
Then again selling parts is a long game.

The thing is the CB craze was 60 yrs ago and continued for a couple of decades.
I know In the mid 70s my handle was Bottle Digger.🤣
I know a few ham operators still, licenced and a couple that have no microphone attached.
 
The shop of horrors pre clean up started a year ago.
Second attempt to gain more functional space.
I will post up the current condition maybe at weeks end.
So remember when the Mrs rags on you about the garage or she'd being untidy.
🌶 to the rescue 🤣

I remember a guy that suffers from OCD just staring in the shop of horror's doorway
.
What are you going to do with it all?
I still 🤣🤣🤣 at his query. (Poor guy probably still has nightmares)
3200 sq ft View attachment 2231270View attachment 2231271View attachment 2231272View attachment 2231273
Looks normal to me!
 
The transformer is worth $.67 a pound. Then the #2 insulated copper. As a complete unit the asking price is $25 it seems.
The tubes could be the hidden $$$ in old radio devices.
Then again selling parts is a long game.

The thing is the CB craze was 60 yrs ago and continued for a couple of decades.
I know In the mid 70s my handle was Bottle Digger.🤣
I know a few ham operators still, licenced and a couple that have no microphone attached.
In junior high I was named Marble King. I had a hard time finding anyone to play. Can’t remember what I did with my collection. I’m gonna say my mother threw them away when I left home
 
In junior high I was named Marble King. I had a hard time finding anyone to play. Can’t remember what I did with my collection. I’m gonna say my mother threw them away when I left home
I think every guy that left home and had some form of the toss.
Then once in awhile he got a little surprise of "Here, I think this belongs to you"

Granted we leave the nest, but we used it as our storage unit.

I often think of the large metal trunk filled with every imaginable pieces of games, building blocks, logs, mechanic sets.
There was even Tokens of the early Canadian currency.
I once gathered them up and asked my parents about those Tokens.
"Oh they're not real money"

But that reply still rents space as they were used for that purpose because of the shortage of money.
I sometimes wonder what happened to them.

I guess we should all of done the American Express Card.

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!
 
Picture tubes are worth a few cents a pound for the lead content.

Dump (township?)when I was a kid the guy "running" it shot the t.v. that was there when we arrived one visit. He didn't want intact tubes. Or he just liked to shoot them. (?)
Dad had us kids take turns with a semi automatic pistol shooting rats one visit.
Well shooting at rats. Or in my case at least shooting around where a rat may or may not have been.
 
The shop of horrors pre clean up started a year ago.
Second attempt to gain more functional space.
I will post up the current condition maybe at weeks end.
So remember when the Mrs rags on you about the garage or she'd being untidy.
🌶 to the rescue 🤣

I remember a guy that suffers from OCD just staring in the shop of horror's doorway
.
What are you going to do with it all?
I still 🤣🤣🤣 at his query. (Poor guy probably still has nightmares)
3200 sq ft View attachment 2231270View attachment 2231271View attachment 2231272View attachment 2231273

More crap than a broken toilet!

You need a new corn broom. Trim the old one with a machete and use it on snow. Or for a game of curling.
A better home for the trolling rod before a cat uses it for a balance beam.

I dug a generator out of the shed the other day and quickly closed the door so nothing else could escape. Not that I would blame an escapee.
A summer tidy up project that wasn't.
 
Mornin all.

P.J. got em a C.B.!

Mine went bye bye at a yard sale in the mid eighties . Transmission hump mount included.
Never did run a screw in it and that thing tipped over umpteen times on turns.
Couldn't have been the drivers drivings fault...

 
I think every guy that left home and had some form of the toss.
Then once in awhile he got a little surprise of "Here, I think this belongs to you"

Granted we leave the nest, but we used it as our storage unit.

I often think of the large metal trunk filled with every imaginable pieces of games, building blocks, logs, mechanic sets.
There was even Tokens of the early Canadian currency.
I once gathered them up and asked my parents about those Tokens.
"Oh they're not real money"

But that reply still rents space as they were used for that purpose because of the shortage of money.
I sometimes wonder what happened to them.

I guess we should all of done the American Express Card.

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!
Some of those marbles would be worth some money today. I always took the nicest ones 😆
 
Well that rain brought the colder weather. No sun today and rain tomorrow with a breeze. I have to check the level of the creek I’m ready to find a nice point. Someone else has been searching for the same thing so I have to be 1st
 
Weather
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6364.webp
    IMG_6364.webp
    148.2 KB · Views: 22
More crap than a broken toilet!

You need a new corn broom. Trim the old one with a machete and use it on snow. Or for a game of curling.
A better home for the trolling rod before a cat uses it for a balance beam.

I dug a generator out of the shed the other day and quickly closed the door so nothing else could escape. Not that I would blame an escapee.
A summer tidy up project that wasn't.
I have a small herd of generators, I did a round up.
 
I could take a nap out here nice and cool and all. But I have to go back and cut more meat. You guys try to have a good day.

Tubs /lugs need to go back to polebarn.
Scale out there needs cleaned and my last cutting is done. We'll enough that it is frozen anyways.
20251028_121230.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom