What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning and happy Friday!

First frost is looking likely tonight, so I picked the last of the squash, pumpkins, and jalapeño peppers. For the garden being such a failure this year, those did great! The funny thing is, I didn't expect them to do well because I planted them in a thick layer of oak leaf mulch. Others have told me that plants don't like that, but these seemed to. There were about four dozen jalapeños not shown because they've already been turned into jalapeño poppers in the freezer. Some (but not all) of the ones in the second photo have been posted before.

View attachment 2231633View attachment 2231634
It's been raining now for 24 hrs straight.
Not sure on the accumulated amount yet.
Probably more that we've received in the past 6 months.
Still have lettuces and tomatoes in the hoop house.
Kale, struggling brussel sprouts, and the crop of potatoes yet to be harvested.
We've had probably 8 frosts already.
 
It's been raining now for 24 hrs straight.
Not sure on the accumulated amount yet.
We got two inches in the middle of the week. It was nice and slow so it had a chance to soak in good. We needed it.

Still have lettuces and tomatoes in the hoop house.
I wish we had our greenhouse (glorified hoop house) up but it’s still waiting to rise to the top of the chore list. One of these days…
 
It's been raining now for 24 hrs straight.
Not sure on the accumulated amount yet.
Probably more that we've received in the past 6 months.
Still have lettuces and tomatoes in the hoop house.
Kale, struggling brussel sprouts, and the crop of potatoes yet to be harvested.
We've had probably 8 frosts already.
Is it going to mess up your crops?
 
Is it going to mess up your crops?
I just have some dried beans to pick and dig the potatoes.
Being the end of October nothing really matures anymore with the shorter days.
The squashes are inside curing so at least that's done.
Just need to prep a spot to plant the garlic before the big freeze up
 
I just have some dried beans to pick and dig the potatoes.
Being the end of October nothing really matures anymore with the shorter days.
The squashes are inside curing so at least that's done.
Just need to prep a spot to plant the garlic before the big freeze up
I love squash. Have 3 seedlings from seed ill plant in a big pot tomorrow. Damn earwigs ate the others. Some yellow peppers in pots too. Hoping my fatalli and chocolate habanero chillis come up soon. Plum trees look loaded probably about 7 or 8 weeks they'll be ready then its rainbow Lorikeet party time. 😄
Might go for a walk to the plant nursery tomorrow too and get some strawberry seedlings. Shop ones are never right.
 
Mornin all.
Wet leaves a pain with the riding mower digging a hole with a teaspoon sized bagger system.
While recovering I planned for drier leaves next attempt.
Today was the target day and the forecasts agreed.
The rain in the night ; not so much in agreement.
 
Good morning happy Friday everyone

Cucumber seem ready for pickling, just wish I had some fresh dill. I didn’t know that was the main ingredients in Dill pickles. I did find some Dill weed in my seasoning rack, and I have garlic, salt, black pepper and vinegar. Am I missing anything?
IMG_2014.webp
IMG_2013.webp
 
Happy Nevada Day!
On this day in 1864, Nevada was admitted as the 36th state, despite having only 40,000 inhabitants—short of the 60,000 typically required—thanks to the wealth generated by Virginia City’s rich silver deposits discovered in 1859.
 
Good afternoon Canadians, east coasters, Midwesterners, Floridans, lady from over the pond, and Aussie !! I think I'm the only random chatter from the PNW.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom