What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A great place to research !! They had an adapter to plug a new car stereo in to my firebirds original wiring. It had Bluetooth, USB and Ipod ports... what happened to CD players ?? I can plug a flashdrive in to it and have 100 songs on it... butttttt, the quality is in question.

 
My big cat Murray passed away last night. He had been battling a cancer for awhile. We kept him comfortable and he mostly laid around and slept. He was a great cat and we will miss him. My other kitty Mr. Noodle seems lost without his buddy.
Screenshot_20251101-154121_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20251101-153516_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20251101-153335_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20251101-153401_Photos.webp
 
My big cat Murray passed away last night. He had been battling a cancer for awhile. We kept him comfortable and he mostly laid around and slept. He was a great cat and we will miss him. My other kitty Mr. Noodle seems lost without his buddy.
View attachment 2231829View attachment 2231830View attachment 2231831View attachment 2231832
My sincerest condolences to you and your Mrs.
Our 2 have been missing the Max, the one yalls (mournful cries) Both have quit eating just about for a month now.
 
I'm looking at good speakers now, damn some of them are pricey ! Close to my Marshall tube amp pricey! Your receivers are in Canada.... Butt.....
Evil brother in-law got a valve system stereo system to play his vinyl records on.
Turntable was on sort of 4 inverted metal cones that came to points. Supposedly to minimise vibration from the volume created by the speakers. The main unit amp had a number of valves controlling bass, trebble and whatever else. He had a box of valves that you would change them out on the amp depending upon what type of music you were listening to, warmer sound, harder whatever. So he'd change valves going from rock to something else. Cost him a small fortune at the time, could have got a new car cheaper. To be honest I couldn't tell the difference between anything. He'd play something that the Rock valves were for then with the same record change the valves to classical ones. Again I couldn't really say I heard a difference.
Probably using some meter or something you'd see a difference in readings or something but to my untrained ear it all sounded the same and I couldn't see the value in it.
I do remember one of my mates yrs ago had a valve Marshall guitar amp which sounded nicer than the new whatever ones. You waited for it to warm up. That was nice.
But the brother in laws stereo was a waste of money to me. He wasn't happy when I said I couldn't tell the difference and tried to convince me there was. :dontknow:
Bit like when he got out a $500 bottle if whiskey and I nearly choked on it. :laughing7:
 
A great place to research !! They had an adapter to plug a new car stereo in to my firebirds original wiring. It had Bluetooth, USB and Ipod ports... what happened to CD players ?? I can plug a flashdrive in to it and have 100 songs on it... butttttt, the quality is in question.

Sound quality. My Kia is wierd. Stupid actually. I thought at first its sound system was faulty but apparently not. The front sounds ok to me, decent stereo separation and stuff but, buttttt, the rear has only 1/4 of the sound that the front has. I used to like being able to set the sound balance between front and back to give a more almost surround sound effect like I could in my previous car an XTrail. Can't do it with this. If I turn the front right down and just have the rear speakers going it sounds like someone has put a pillow over the speakers. Sound quality overall is ruined by it. 🙁
Its a common issue with Kia according to forums. Lots complain about it.
 
Sound quality. My Kia is wierd. Stupid actually. I thought at first its sound system was faulty but apparently not. The front sounds ok to me, decent stereo separation and stuff but, buttttt, the rear has only 1/4 of the sound that the front has. I used to like being able to set the sound balance between front and back to give a more almost surround sound effect like I could in my previous car an XTrail. Can't do it with this. If I turn the front right down and just have the rear speakers going it sounds like someone has put a pillow over the speakers. Sound quality overall is ruined by it. 🙁
Its a common issue with Kia according to forums. Lots complain about it.
Aftermarket stereo system, replace all the speakers, an amp for the 4 speakers AND the sub woofer... and a subwoofer ! Spendy to do but the sound is awsume !! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Aftermarket stereo system, replace all the speakers, an amp for the 4 speakers AND the sub woofer... and a subwoofer ! Spendy to do but the sound is awsume !! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
It would be good and probably ten yrs ago I would have done something about upgrading it. These days I don't drive enough to justify spending anything on it. Close drives to go fishing and detecting and when we travel my misses is with me and she can't handle loud noises due to the meds she takes. For detecting I pretty much stealth drive with no music going so I can hear if anything has caught up underneath on the tracks im on, not broadcast where I am to others and not scare off the wildlife. As soon as I hit a bush track I turn the music off.
 
Good morning everyone. First freeze of the season. Just barely 30 degrees right now, will probably drop into the 20's before daybreak. Brrr...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom