What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yea they said possibly snow Sunday for us. It’s too early for it we usually don’t get any until January 🥶
We are in mid spring and it was air con on one day, heater flat out the next. It actually snowed on our ski fields a few days ago. Crazy weather pattern. Freezing again today.
Screenshot_20251108-093157.Chrome.webp

Screenshot_20251108-093135.Chrome.webp
 
I have someone that I'm building/installing a wheel chair ramp for so I'm looking for ideas, he would drive a gas powered scooter if he could !!!
Freewheel for outdoor for those able to propel wheels is non electric.
There are ratchet type drives to. Manual powered.

For those needing an electric chair , a power chair will beat most attempts at powering a wheelchair,
The example earlier has crap for ground clearance. Multiple snag/catch points to drag in and to carry snow and leaves and branches nd more.

Somebody has to charge an electric battery. Is the operators dexterity and mobility and reach sufficient?
How long is the operator willing to wait for a charge?

I debate about an electric lift instead of a ramp sometimes.

 
Freewheel for outdoor for those able to propel wheels is non electric.
There are ratchet type drives to. Manual powered.

For those needing an electric chair , a power chair will beat most attempts at powering a wheelchair,
The example earlier has crap for ground clearance. Multiple snag/catch points to drag in and to carry snow and leaves and branches nd more.

Somebody has to charge an electric battery. Is the operators dexterity and mobility and reach sufficient?
How long is the operator willing to wait for a charge?

I debate about an electric lift instead of a ramp sometimes.

He is looking at these, his upper body is strong he can pull himself up a ramp using the handrail.

 
My coonie does have some big feet ! For comparison I were extra large gloves... not huge hands but pretty good sized... But those feet !!!

paw 1.webp



paw 2.webp
 
He is looking at these, his upper body is strong he can pull himself up a ramp using the handrail.


We passed the hat on a sportsmen's forum to get a member an action track chair.

Pulling up the ramp is alright if you don't have a pressure sore. Or Ice .Or snow. I go sideways pulling.
Reversing can be done too using a rail.
I go fast on no snow or ice up the ramp. Can use both hands if not carrying anything.

You know the A.D.A. 6 degree angle of the dangle for ramps.
It doesn't apply to a personal built individual use ramp. But by golly you start increasing that angle and it starts taking more effort. My hunting blind ramp takes focus to go up!
Whatever angle it is.
I still haven't added rails.

At home the wood ramp started to rot and was replaced by aluminum.
IMG_0336 - Copy.webp


.
 
We passed the hat on a sportsmen's forum to get a member an action track chair.

Pulling up the ramp is alright if you don't have a pressure sore. Or Ice .Or snow. I go sideways pulling.
Reversing can be done too using a rail.
I go fast on no snow or ice up the ramp. Can use both hands if not carrying anything.

You know the A.D.A. 6 degree angle of the dangle for ramps.
It doesn't apply to a personal built individual use ramp. But by golly you start increasing that angle and it starts taking more effort. My hunting blind ramp takes focus to go up!
Whatever angle it is.
I still haven't added rails.

At home the wood ramp started to rot and was replaced by aluminum.
View attachment 2232643

.
Yes the aluminum is what we are looking at, I can cover it also. I will stick to an angle (6%) that is easy to use, and safe of course.
 
He was kicked out of Metallica, wrote a few songs on their first album. Then formed Megadeth. He can write, and sing and is a kick ass guitar player !!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:


The lady singing with him is in the band Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil... she also kicks ass !! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

​




 
Not a lot of hits at the beach today but weather couldn’t be beat!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6002.webp
    IMG_6002.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6003.webp
    IMG_6003.webp
    85.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6004.webp
    IMG_6004.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom