What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Im in for the 28th of this month
I hope it's an easy surgery and you're good as new in no time.

The 28th is the day after Thanksgiving here -- don't know if your area celebrates it or not, but hopefully your surgeon doesn't oversleep from too much food the day before. :icon_thumright:
 
Good morning all. Weather was good all weekend for a change, and unseasonably warm. Rain forecast by mid week.
 
Home after seeing my Surgeon today.
She said it was very unusual that my cancer was picked up so early in my thyroid gland. I asked why. She said well why were they looking for it, what were the circumstances that they did so.
I said they found it after a scan on my deteriorating neck, discs. She said "whoever did that CT going for a different spot was very on the ball because unless a scan particularly on that area of my thyroid is done these are often missed."
She said it's found early so I believe the outcome will be very positive.
But again before I left "your very fortunate that something unrelated lead them to find this".
Apparently its aggressive because she then said "your category 1, you ready for the operation within 2 weeks?"
I said of course. I was contacted twice on the drive home, then at home.
Im in for the 28th of this month.
I couldn't ask for better. 😀👍👍
That's great news about your situation 👍
Best of luck on the upcoming thyroidectomy.

This can involve the complete removal of the gland (total thyroidectomy) or only a portion (partial thyroidectomy or lobectomy).
 
Home after seeing my Surgeon today.
She said it was very unusual that my cancer was picked up so early in my thyroid gland. I asked why. She said well why were they looking for it, what were the circumstances that they did so.
I said they found it after a scan on my deteriorating neck, discs. She said "whoever did that CT going for a different spot was very on the ball because unless a scan particularly on that area of my thyroid is done these are often missed."
She said it's found early so I believe the outcome will be very positive.
But again before I left "your very fortunate that something unrelated lead them to find this".
Apparently its aggressive because she then said "your category 1, you ready for the operation within 2 weeks?"
I said of course. I was contacted twice on the drive home, then at home.
Im in for the 28th of this month.
I couldn't ask for better. 😀👍👍
I hope the best for you
 
I saw a Camaro 2014 reasonably priced. I’ve always wanted one. 94,000 miles which is low for that year. I did some research on it, premium gas only, V-8 engine and high maintenance. All repairs are double the cost. Just the tires are about $2000 for a set. I’d love to have it but I probably couldn’t afford just the cost of the upkeep. All the newer ones are V-4 and V-6 engines. Maybe I can find a 2016 instead.
 
Home after seeing my Surgeon today.
She said it was very unusual that my cancer was picked up so early in my thyroid gland. I asked why. She said well why were they looking for it, what were the circumstances that they did so.
I said they found it after a scan on my deteriorating neck, discs. She said "whoever did that CT going for a different spot was very on the ball because unless a scan particularly on that area of my thyroid is done these are often missed."
She said it's found early so I believe the outcome will be very positive.
But again before I left "your very fortunate that something unrelated lead them to find this".
Apparently its aggressive because she then said "your category 1, you ready for the operation within 2 weeks?"
I said of course. I was contacted twice on the drive home, then at home.
Im in for the 28th of this month.
I couldn't ask for better. 😀👍👍
Good luck, we're all rooting for you.
 
I saw a Camaro 2014 reasonably priced. I’ve always wanted one. 94,000 miles which is low for that year. I did some research on it, premium gas only, V-8 engine and high maintenance. All repairs are double the cost. Just the tires are about $2000 for a set. I’d love to have it but I probably couldn’t afford just the cost of the upkeep. All the newer ones are V-4 and V-6 engines. Maybe I can find a 2016 instead.
Those are good looking cars. I think that style was based on the 69 Camaro model and refined. The 69 was always my favorite of all the Camaro models.
Screenshot_20251117-071803_Google.webp
 
I'm not sure what what the cause of this is when we get a tad older.

It seems to take longer to accomplish a task.

Is the ⏰️ 🕑 🕙 🕚 🕖 moving faster 🤔

Granted we're moving slower.
Though the experience should even out the slower part, but it doesn't.

The mind believes one thing, the body delivers the reality.
Something has to change.
 
I saw a Camaro 2014 reasonably priced. I’ve always wanted one. 94,000 miles which is low for that year. I did some research on it, premium gas only, V-8 engine and high maintenance. All repairs are double the cost. Just the tires are about $2000 for a set. I’d love to have it but I probably couldn’t afford just the cost of the upkeep. All the newer ones are V-4 and V-6 engines. Maybe I can find a 2016 instead.
My son has a 2011 Camaro with a big V8 and manual transmission. It only likes premium gas, that's true, but it has also not needed a single repair the whole time he has owned it, and only one set of tires. And he's driven it literally coast-to-coast and border-to-border. I got him a bumper sticker for it (that he never put on) that says "Yes, it's fast. No, you can't drive it."
 
Those are good looking cars. I think that style was based on the 69 Camaro model and refined. The 69 was always my favorite of all the Camaro models.View attachment 2233895
I had a friend with a 69 Camaro when we were kids. He always drove it like a race car and ended up totaling it out. It was a fun ride.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom