What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

My son has a 2011 Camaro with a big V8 and manual transmission. It only likes premium gas, that's true, but it has also not needed a single repair the whole time he has owned it, and only one set of tires. And he's driven it literally coast-to-coast and border-to-border. I got him a bumper sticker for it (that he never put on) that says "Yes, it's fast. No, you can't drive it."
I told my wife about it a minute ago. I was going to get it and surprise her with it in the driveway. We both like them. I told her about the premium gas and repair cost with it. I heard the same sigh 😔 I had. Then I was hoping she would say well we might be able to afford it. But instead I heard the same thing I was thinking, we probably can’t afford it. It’s also a convertible top. ☹️
 
I told my wife about it a minute ago. I was going to get it and surprise her with it in the driveway. We both like them. I told her about the premium gas and repair cost with it. I heard the same sigh 😔 I had. Then I was hoping she would say well we might be able to afford it. But instead I heard the same thing I was thinking, we probably can’t afford it. It’s also a convertible top. ☹️
It's one of the fun things (like hobbies) that has a cost -- the question is whether the fun outweighs the cost. For what it's worth, I'd pass on it as well. I'd probably just get in trouble with it (ever wonder what speed it takes to get a car body to act like an airplane wing and provide lift?), and I have no practical need for one.
 
I told my wife about it a minute ago. I was going to get it and surprise her with it in the driveway. We both like them. I told her about the premium gas and repair cost with it. I heard the same sigh 😔 I had. Then I was hoping she would say well we might be able to afford it. But instead I heard the same thing I was thinking, we probably can’t afford it. It’s also a convertible top. ☹️
Rule of thumb for most car enthusiasts: never buy a convertible.
 
I hope it's an easy surgery and you're good as new in no time.

The 28th is the day after Thanksgiving here -- don't know if your area celebrates it or not, but hopefully your surgeon doesn't oversleep from too much food the day before. :icon_thumright:
Ha, no thanksgiving here. The way we're going through I expect Australia day will be replaced with Self Loathing day :laughing7:
 
That's great news about your situation 👍
Best of luck on the upcoming thyroidectomy.

This can involve the complete removal of the gland (total thyroidectomy) or only a portion (partial thyroidectomy or lobectomy).
Taking out the entire left side. 3 to 4 hr operation. That's a bit of time to spend on a small area. Delicate spot I guess.
 
I saw a Camaro 2014 reasonably priced. I’ve always wanted one. 94,000 miles which is low for that year. I did some research on it, premium gas only, V-8 engine and high maintenance. All repairs are double the cost. Just the tires are about $2000 for a set. I’d love to have it but I probably couldn’t afford just the cost of the upkeep. All the newer ones are V-4 and V-6 engines. Maybe I can find a 2016 instead.
A friend in the local car club has a 2014 camaro, V8, tons of horsepower and has never had to do anything to it. Most reliable car he has ever owned.

LS/LT (V6): 3.6L V6, 323 hp, 278 lb-ft of torque
SS (V8): 6.2L V8, 426 hp, 420 lb-ft of torque
ZL1 (V8): Supercharged 6.2L V8, 580 hp, 556 lb-ft of torque
Z/28 (V8): 7.0L V8, 505 hp, 481 lb-ft of torque
 
Those are good looking cars. I think that style was based on the 69 Camaro model and refined. The 69 was always my favorite of all the Camaro models.View attachment 2233895
Met a guy a few weeks ago who's in the process of doing one up. Think it was a Camaro? Has a fiberglass body full chasis he said. Sounded awesome. Was original US one with left hand drive.
 
Those are good looking cars. I think that style was based on the 69 Camaro model and refined. The 69 was always my favorite of all the Camaro models.View attachment 2233895
My wife's favorite year and generation. I'm partial to the second generation, the 70 1/2 my fav.

70 maro.webp
 
Home after seeing my Surgeon today.
She said it was very unusual that my cancer was picked up so early in my thyroid gland. I asked why. She said well why were they looking for it, what were the circumstances that they did so.
I said they found it after a scan on my deteriorating neck, discs. She said "whoever did that CT going for a different spot was very on the ball because unless a scan particularly on that area of my thyroid is done these are often missed."
She said it's found early so I believe the outcome will be very positive.
But again before I left "your very fortunate that something unrelated lead them to find this".
Apparently its aggressive because she then said "your category 1, you ready for the operation within 2 weeks?"
I said of course. I was contacted twice on the drive home, then at home.
Im in for the 28th of this month.
I couldn't ask for better. 😀👍👍
Thoughts and prayers headed your way !
 
I haven’t really mentioned it much to anyone but I’ve been experiencing some chest pains. We will see what happens tomorrow.
I hope you are OK !
 
My wife's favorite year and generation. I'm partial to the second generation, the 70 1/2 my fav.

View attachment 2233920
I would never buy a third gen and if I did it would be an IROC... I was givin' the firebird as my dad gave up driving. Firebirds and Camaros are basically the same body different front and rear ends, been that way since 1967. I can tell you my 1'92 will corner better then anything I have ever driven.

full front firebird.webp



firebird back.webp



Yes please !!!!!


1986-chevrolet-camaro-iroc-z28.webp
 
It's one of the fun things (like hobbies) that has a cost -- the question is whether the fun outweighs the cost. For what it's worth, I'd pass on it as well. I'd probably just get in trouble with it (ever wonder what speed it takes to get a car body to act like an airplane wing and provide lift?), and I have no practical need for one.
A little over 100 mph is when the front end feels like it’s going to lift off. I remember that from when I was 16 😇
 
I told my wife about it a minute ago. I was going to get it and surprise her with it in the driveway. We both like them. I told her about the premium gas and repair cost with it. I heard the same sigh 😔 I had. Then I was hoping she would say well we might be able to afford it. But instead I heard the same thing I was thinking, we probably can’t afford it. It’s also a convertible top. ☹️
I'm still in the game when I get the sigh reply.
It's the sigh with a reply-then it's time to listen.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom