What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Agreed. Oddly enough I had a similar experience the last time I had to get my truck inspected. Called and made an appointment (no walk ins). Got there at the appointed time and the place was closed. No warning, no explanation, no reschedule, no "sorry we missed you". Nothing. So I took it to a different place a few days later.
What about I ring the Chemist and say "I will be coming in to pick up a prescription my name is .................... Yes Mr .......... it will be ready at 3" She repeats my name back to me.
So I go at 3 and nothings ready and I get looked at stupid. I say "I rang and ordered it under the name of ........"
She replies "Its not our fault you rang and said your name was David Tucker".
Me "David Tucker! Why on earth would I say a name that isn't even mine, I never said that at all!"
YES YOU DID! I distinctly remember you saying David Tucker.
That's not even remotely close to my name, not even a tiny bit. I would get if she said sorry we were busy and its not ready yet but that was utter BS.
I noticed this sort of thing spike after Covid.
 
I noticed this sort of thing spike after Covid.
The general competency level in society seems headed downhill at a pretty fast clip lately, for sure.
 
Good morning everyone
So the reason my boots got holes is cause the upper section is soft sided and my next pair won’t be that type. They were cheaper and now I know why.
Have a great day
Don't know if you guys get our Redback boots there. They are tough as nails, have fantastic grip in the dirt and wet and are detecting friendly no metal anywhere in them. They last for years.
e3723d675516eecd5cd7c8e3fb87ba48-515421001.webp
 
In my part of the world it starts around the time the Moose season opens up-then by the time Deer season opens it's at pandemic levels it seems.
Happens every year-strange when one thinks about it now..
Moose Flu.
 
Don't know if you guys get our Redback boots there. They are tough as nails, have fantastic grip in the dirt and wet and are detecting friendly no metal anywhere in them. They last for years.
View attachment 2236213

They look like around $160.00 here.

Shouldn't they go up to your chin in snake country?
 
Don't know if you guys get our Redback boots there. They are tough as nails, have fantastic grip in the dirt and wet and are detecting friendly no metal anywhere in them. They last for years.
View attachment 2236213
They're called Bloodstones here, made in an Asian country. Not from the land under.
 
Self-quarantine in the deer stand. Works for me. :icon_thumright:
Lots of hunting goes on, and it happens every year. Endless guys calling in sick. 🤣
End of hunting season they're all fit as a bear it seems.
Must be the fresh air.
 
Had another deer look in the headlights today.
Walked in for my bi-weekly session with my acupuncturist.
"Jim what are you doing here?"
My 4 o'clock appointment.
She marked the other 2 down but not today's.
No problem she took me in.

I told her about the garage and the safety.

She totally agreed, there's some weird things happening out there these days.
 
They're called Bloodstones here, made in an Asian country. Not from the land under.
I believe you're in Canada, if so here's a website for the Australia made Red Back boots

 
I believe you're in Canada, if so here's a website for the Australia made Red Back boots

Gee I have never heard of them until today.
Just bought some new insoles for my Bloodstones today.
20251205_210528.webp
 
They look like around $160.00 here.

Shouldn't they go up to your chin in snake country?
Nah, don't believe the hype of everything wants to kill you. Iv had a lot of encounters but I knew where I was going and 99.9% of the rest of Australia wouldn't come in contact with what I and others have. The most snake gaiters people buy here are not for snakes, they are for crazy spiking grasses and bushes. Id say most gaiters and chaps people buy to not get spiked rather than snake protection. Im not worried about them. The Ants are my main watch out for.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom