What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Gee I have never heard of them until today.
Just bought some new insoles for my Bloodstones today.
View attachment 2236255
Yeah they are good ones too. Out of interest are they detectable in any way even with a probe? Yrs ago, like 30, I used to wear a similar type as the Reddies from Rossi. But they then put staples in them in the sole area. When I got a pair not knowing about the change I was detecting for gold with an SD 2100 and kept getting false signals. It was the Rossi boots with the new whatever staples. Same id worn for yrs detecting but they changed. I did wear Blundstone non metal toe but they changed too and were detectable. Settled on Redbacks after I went shopping and took my Minelab probe with me. Told the shop people before I took it in. 😄
Redbacks at the time were the only thing I could find that a PI with an 18" mono coil wouldn't false on. Got a new pair of Reddies insoles just a few weeks back for the ones I have. They're better than the original insoles.
Your Blundstones detect?
 
Danner's size 14. For stomping about, Chili's reddies I have never seen around here. We have romeos though.

danners.webp



romeos.webp
 
Good morning everyone.

I cooked up one of those giant Cushaw squash from the garden last night. I used the smallest one. It was the first time I'd ever grown or eaten that kind. They're tough! A sturdy knife managed to get it open, but a hatchet would have been a better choice. But I got it open, roasted it, and filled it with black beans, veggie bits, and spices. Threw in a stuffed poblano pepper and a couple of japaleno poppers and called it a meal. Very tasty. I think I'll be saving some of the seeds for next year.

IMG_4557.webp
 
Nah, don't believe the hype of everything wants to kill you. .... The most snake gaiters people buy here are not for snakes, they are for crazy spiking grasses and bushes. ....The Ants are my main watch out for.
So maybe not everything, but at least the snakes, the grass, the bushes, and the ants. Got it. :icon_thumright:
 
Nah, don't believe the hype of everything wants to kill you. Iv had a lot of encounters but I knew where I was going and 99.9% of the rest of Australia wouldn't come in contact with what I and others have. The most snake gaiters people buy here are not for snakes, they are for crazy spiking grasses and bushes. Id say most gaiters and chaps people buy to not get spiked rather than snake protection. Im not worried about them. The Ants are my main watch out for.

Nope .Every thing will kill you. Or at least try to.

Reviewed Sturts expedition to find Eromanga (a sea anyways) again the other night.
Not his earlier following near a couple rivers elsewhere trip..

The Simpson desert. The heat. The wind. The intervals of no water.
The heat. The wind. The intervals of no water.
One account having bark on upwind side of trees shedding. And a thermometer not surviving.
Th ground heated most perhaps. Brittle hooves .A match dropped would ignite.
Were readers being entertained? Or was it that hot?
Filling a steers removed hide to carry water near the end.

1765039846741.webp
 
What about I ring the Chemist and say "I will be coming in to pick up a prescription my name is .................... Yes Mr .......... it will be ready at 3" She repeats my name back to me.
So I go at 3 and nothings ready and I get looked at stupid. I say "I rang and ordered it under the name of ........"
She replies "Its not our fault you rang and said your name was David Tucker".
Me "David Tucker! Why on earth would I say a name that isn't even mine, I never said that at all!"
YES YOU DID! I distinctly remember you saying David Tucker.
That's not even remotely close to my name, not even a tiny bit. I would get if she said sorry we were busy and its not ready yet but that was utter BS.
I noticed this sort of thing spike after Covid.
Makes me wonder....

Watch your news to see if David Tucker died of a prescription mixup. :angel12:
 
The order of the day was to finish painting the garage ceiling.
So I uncovered the dump trailer that had a tarp over it (after I shovelled it off). Hooked the Tundra up and got stuck, so I chipped the hard greasy snow of the gravel, got 40 ft, got stuck.

Backed up, slid sideways but managed to navigate the truck and trailer into the yard.
Pulled out onto the street, got stuck, but there's gravel down there, so there I went fish tailing 300' up the hill.
Get to the landfill, and I had to dump it in a bin from an upper level. 1 hour later of chiseling frozen ground cloth off the deck and frozen drywall, I was gone. (Minus $130 for tipping fees for a 1/2 ton)

Got the snow plow on, 1st try, :headbang::hello2:. Plowed the yard and laneway, sugar bush trails, shop yard.

Lost our big hen "Fluffy Butt" so she's an early dinner for a roaming Fox or Coyote.
 
Last edited:
Nope .Every thing will kill you. Or at least try to.

Reviewed Sturts expedition to find Eromanga (a sea anyways) again the other night.
Not his earlier following near a couple rivers elsewhere trip..

The Simpson desert. The heat. The wind. The intervals of no water.
The heat. The wind. The intervals of no water.
One account having bark on upwind side of trees shedding. And a thermometer not surviving.
Th ground heated most perhaps. Brittle hooves .A match dropped would ignite.
Were readers being entertained? Or was it that hot?
Filling a steers removed hide to carry water near the end.

View attachment 2236276
The heat, yeah that gets a bit much at times. I have seen videos of guys in the outback leave a frypan in the sun then crack an egg in it and it fry's.
You guys would get that in Death Valley and your desert places too though wouldn't you?
Some of our smooth bark eucalypt trees can shed bark in extreme heat conditions as well as other reasons. Their descriptions probably weren't far off the mark. I have read a few things in the past about the explorers and I think them often being ill equipped taking things not fit for purpose, dressed all wrong made things worse than they could have been which would in my mind explain some of the extreme descriptions they often gave. But it was all unexplored and they didn't know what to expect like we would now. Often I think they sealed their own doom before they even left given the gear and clothing some set out with. Iv read of some leaving items after items along the way as they discovered how utterly useless they were in the environments they encountered ending up continuing, or trying to, with much less than they set out with.
Even still though knowing what we do now here, I have had a bad melanoma removed in the past from sun damage and treatment on my lips too to kill off sun damaged cells in them. The suns pretty unforgiving here.
 
Nah, don't believe the hype of everything wants to kill you. Iv had a lot of encounters but I knew where I was going and 99.9% of the rest of Australia wouldn't come in contact with what I and others have. The most snake gaiters people buy here are not for snakes, they are for crazy spiking grasses and bushes. Id say most gaiters and chaps people buy to not get spiked rather than snake protection. Im not worried about them. The Ants are my main watch out for.
Ants ?

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom