What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Gil Hibben first production run "highlander" Pommel and guard will be sanded and painted flat black, United Cutlery brand and it is a beast !! Wire wrapped handle. Pommel guard and handle all can be removed make paint or powder coating easy.
14 inches long.

hibben full.webp



hibben handle.webp
 
Gil Hibben first production run "highlander" Pommel and guard will be sanded and painted flat black, United Cutlery brand and it is a beast !! Wire wrapped handle. Pommel guard and handle all can be removed make paint or powder coating easy.
14 inches long.

View attachment 2236536


View attachment 2236537
Nice. Wouldn't take much to turn that into a double edged if it isn't already.
 
Underground Mining Terminology.


View attachment 2236538
That's one thing I could never do, underground mining.
We have a recreated gold town about 2 hrs drive from us with a village, and everything you would have seen in the diggers days in the 1800s. There is also an original underground mine. I was there about 15 yrs ago and with the mine tour. I stopped to take pictures of a quartz seam in a wall as the rest went on. I took the shots then realised they were out of sight down a drive and I was disoriented. I started sweating and thinking which way did they go? I heard voices and followed and breathed a sigh of relief when I caught up. I don't doubt it was really no big deal and it wouldn't have been long before anyone else turned up but just that initial feeling alone underground was freaky.
Fantastic place though, Sovereign Hill Ballarat.
OIP-3209858761.YwLX79R_AHQfHUDbPUVUFQHaE2.webp

OIP-647120399.J11vfTy5qMjntQGRnRxpAQHaFH.webp
SovereignHillEntryTicket-1118658917.webp
OIP-464313921.8DG0ZIGrE6mDeCSKW-vG8wHaE8.webp
20101122085703-1802057010.webp
OIP-3586365769.SwIDmBqLRSFC-Jj5yjxcFgHaEa.webp
OIP-782910317.a1jt6Vfsdd-oglZkb0W7OgHaEe.webp
 
No..... it is my coke spoon from my party days !
I knew it. I just knew it!
I have psychotic abilities you know.......hang on I think I may have spelt that incorrectly. 🤔
 
Monday already?? Ugh. OK, OK... I'm up. I'm up.

Gonna need some coffee...

IMG_3735.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Latest Discussions

    Back
    Top Bottom