What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone

Mornin Evan!
1765220315810.webp
 
Your profile shows you live in British Columbia. How do you grow citrus up there, in a greenhouse?
Nope.. we put them in the ground like any other tree... But I live on the west coast on Vancouver Island.. mildest winters in Canada. So when it starts to get cold, a relative term, all I do is put a small string of old incandescent Christmas tree lights around each tree.. I plug that into a thermostatic plug so when the temp gets to be ) degrees Celsius, they automatically come on.. It works every time.. Last year [sorry this year], I got over 300 meyer lemons from one tree.
As an aside.. our cold winters never go below -8 Celsius .. so around 17 Fahrenheit.. and that has happened but once that I can remember
 
For all the Crock/Flip wearing folks.
Nice and bright 1F this morning got up to 12F.
Plowed again this morning.
Yippee all other outside chores are done, like it or not.

20251208_092430.webp
 
For all the Crock/Flip wearing folks.
Nice and bright 1F this morning got up to 12F.
Plowed again this morning.
Yippee all other outside chores are done, like it or not.

View attachment 2236651
Beautiful view. But nah, too cold for me. 🥶
 
Good afternoon ! Posting from a mac book air... pain in the ass when used to windows. Lunch is over back to work !!
Takes awhile to figure it out.
 
Beautiful view. But nah, too cold for me. 🥶
Little added bonus from a auction lot of stuff we picked up yesterday.
I can start fire like they used to back in the day.
Just have to apply some gas.🤣
20251207_154949.webp
 
Little added bonus from a auction lot of stuff we picked up yesterday.
I can start fire like they used to back in the day.
Just have to apply some gas.🤣
View attachment 2236696
You better get a move on striking that with all that snow you need to melt.
Actually that's a pretty cool pick up.
Is the other item a handle of some kind?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom