What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

"Feels like a cord around my neck when I bend right over to pick something up."

You need to learn to squat more.

"My misses said I should ask them to put a couple of bolts in. Thoughtful thing she is. 🥰"

The Herman Chilli experiment coming to a theatre near you.

What's with the weather? Last week you were saying frost, this week you're frying eggs. Really a light switch from winter-summer, and it seems to have missed the spring.
I can only bend over certain ways due to my stuffed knee, which is why I sold my 4wd manual as it hurt working the clutch, and severe arthritis in my lower back with wrecked discs. I don't have too many options if I have to pick something up. That's why I taught myself to recover targets standing. Learn to squat 😆 I haven't been able to do that for about a decade. I wish! I actually have a grabber thing at home to use picking things up if its a bad back day.
I carry a lot of injuries these days.
 
"Feels like a cord around my neck when I bend right over to pick something up."

You need to learn to squat more.

"My misses said I should ask them to put a couple of bolts in. Thoughtful thing she is. 🥰"

The Herman Chilli experiment coming to a theatre near you.

What's with the weather? Last week you were saying frost, this week you're frying eggs. Really a light switch from winter-summer, and it seems to have missed the spring.
We get some wild weather shifts at times. If the wind comes from the south its cooler as it comes off of bass straight between Tasmania and our mainland, sometimes blows up from the Antarctic. From the north or west its coming across dry land mass and the Australian interior where its hotter. So its common to have several days in the 40s then right after it several in the 20s.
 
I can only bend over certain ways due to my stuffed knee, which is why I sold my 4wd manual as it hurt working the clutch, and severe arthritis in my lower back with wrecked discs. I don't have too many options if I have to pick something up. That's why I taught myself to recover targets standing. Learn to squat 😆 I haven't been able to do that for about a decade. I wish! I actually have a grabber thing at home to use picking things up if its a bad back day.
I carry a lot of injuries these days.

Your incision is in a delicate area for Rolfing. Plus what is below/behind.
Keeping scar tissue from adhering to fascia allows skin to move though.

You got this. Long as you don't get old or something... :laughing7:
 
And a soggy good morning to Y'all....they say it's not gonna rain tomorrow,
but I'll believe it when I see it.

View attachment 2237682
I lived on the coast for 1/2 dozen years and I'm still well hydrated after 40+ yrs.
Mild winters but there's nothing worse can rain dark overcast days that can turn into weeks/months.

Folks are a lot happier when it's -40F and they have a heater in the truck.
(Well just because they don't give a F'K!) 1980 release

 
Good morning everybody

Mornin Evan!
1766086262642.webp
 
Pepper, some 40 years ago I used to sing that (usually on request) on Karaoke
nights at the local pub. Somehow it always left me in a better mood...
rofl.gif
 
Well I think I had enough sledgehammer duty today. What a frigging hard job getting the brass cap off. 11 lbs of hard brass.

Splitting the sides off the plate wasn't too hard. Just had to watch when the rivets snapped. I had the plate hit my middle finger, the nail is a tad black line now.
There's going to be 135 lbs of sheet aluminum.
I weighed the one side up, all the steel that came off and it added up to 390 lbs, then the solid steel shaft on top.
Now I know why it was a bit heavy to slide around.
View attachment 2237594View attachment 2237595View attachment 2237596View attachment 2237597


Cut cut saw......
 

The early 80's had some classic bar room hits
I often remember the disdain looks from behind the counter at the juke box selection of some early tunes that were on the 45's.

Old lady Lynch had some mean stares, very wrinkled and no bottom plate sneering. 🤣
 
I have seen some really cool looking tricked up ones here on the road. They're pretty legendary. Perfect detecting car, get in anywhere on our narrow bush tracks. That's what I loved about my Nissan Xtrail 4wd diesel, wasn't too big and went everywhere. Power to weight ratio was the best on road in its day. Had more torque than a Toyota Hilux of the same yr but in a much smaller vehicle. Was a French made 2 litre turbo diesel. Only said goodbye to it because of a stuffed knee, it was manual and on bad days it hurt continually using the clutch. 🫤

Jimmy Sierra was a well known guy for Whites there in Oregon and good detectorist. I spoke to him several times at my work. I have spoken to cars before, especially when I used to work on my own and would skin a knuckle. 😬
When I went to work on one of mine. The first thing I would do is to backhand the engine.

To get it out of the way. :angel12:
 
The early 80's had some classic bar room hits
I often remember the disdain looks from behind the counter at the juke box selection of some early tunes that were on the 45's.

Old lady Lynch had some mean stares, very wrinkled and no bottom plate sneering. 🤣

Could have played her a 1978 tune like Can't Smile Without You. Ten times in a row. Then play Copacabana once. Followed by ....Can't Smile Without You again ; ten times...

 
Precipitation 21 % Fake news... if its raining its 100 % !!
I always figure it's 50/50. Either it will rain, or it won't. Unless it's already raining, then it's 100%.
 
When I went to work on one of mine. The first thing I would do is to backhand the engine.

To get it out of the way. :angel12:
You could use a Jimny engine as a starter motor in some of the truck utes you guys drive there.😂
 
Singin' in the rain around here will get you pneumonia.... :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom