What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning folks....
it-s-friday.gif


Friday used to mean something....a hot date, off to the desert for some
varmint hunting, hittin' a pub or two...
barbecue-21.gif
 
My Suzuki Samurai has a 1.3L engine (same thing as Jimmy, I believe). It isn't fast, but it will go anywhere!

My neighbor has one that he restored..absolutely mint. My fear was always
that if I got one of those on a side hill, it'd flip and roll down the hill.
 
They don't make a '92 version, but still a third gen ! I'm still looking for that hood I have the hard to find parts to make it a functional cowl induction. My TBI is the same size as a carb the fuel injected hood versions were non functional.... looks only.

1984 firebird.webp
 
I will be comparing dream mat to my Gold Hog mats next year. It's hard to find any matting as good as the no need to classify....but I do... kick ass mats !!

dream mat.webp
 
They look cleverly designed. Swirl and trap by the looks of it!
Yep or "vortex" as I was told from a mining buddy.
 
Wrong wheelchair fork bearings dammit! Cleaned things up and tried to get some oil past seals. Helped a little,.

The internet is a help or it isn't... Should have known as the article of how to change them the guy used a torch.

I did change out one set of caster bearings with bearings reserved in stock a while.. The other chair in que fasteners won't budge. And the only metric allen wrench I don't have could be it.
Doubt even that is going to work. Will know after I buy one though.

Had a service guy out years ago who stripped heads and I showed him how to drill them out. Once the head was gone screws turned by fingers.
Poor design/engineering choice of fasteners throughout.. Let's act surprised...
 
Yep or "vortex" as I was told from a mining buddy.
Yep that's it.
Years ago a dodgy mining company had left stuff behind when they moved they had left an old Vortex Hydrocone. There was fine sands all around it so me and a mate got a trailer load and put it through our portable sluice. We only got for the trailer load a few grams of gold though and back then its price wasn't worth all the effort taking it to water. Different story now though, now it would be worth it.
 
Yep that's it.
Years ago a dodgy mining company had left stuff behind when they moved they had left an old Vortex Hydrocone. There was fine sands all around it so me and a mate got a trailer load and put it through our portable sluice. We only got for the trailer load a few grams of gold though and back then its price wasn't worth all the effort taking it to water. Different story now though, now it would be worth it.
Votex hydrocone ?
 
Votex hydrocone ?
I don't even know how its spelt correctly, that's what I recall being told it was.
Looked like a mini grain silo. Sands and gravels put in, it uses water to spin it all around and the concentrates came out the bottom. Again I don't know much about them and it was the first id ever seen one. The entire description was what I was told how it works. I have zero knowledge about that stuff myself.
Looked like one of these small grain silos.
Small-Grain-Wheat-Corn-Silo-Used-for-Small-Farm-1752834417.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom