What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A Global Drug Survey found Scotland and England had the highest frequency of getting drunk in the world. :o :laughing7: :headbang:
And here I thought that was honor went to the small country hick towns where there is absolutely NOTHING else to do.
 
For Chili....


Thanks a lot. Our TV is on Robert Irwin overload to the point I change chanels.
Dancing, Im a celebrity get me outa here, adds with him, adds about him in shows, adds about him in shows that aren't even gonna air for 2 months but are on about 50 times a day, news stories about him. Every single day its "ROBERT FLAMIN IRWIN"! Now here, my only Irwin escape happy place its "ROBERT FLAMIN IRWIN"
frustrated-bad-day-at-the-office-701772546.gif
 
Yes and yes ! The Scots have their version... And I thought they just got drunk and mumbled unintelligibly.... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: A Global Drug Survey found Scotland and England had the highest frequency of getting drunk in the world. :o :laughing7: :headbang:
Imagine the confusion when a Highlander Scot meets a country village Irishman?
Now that I'd like to see. 😆
 
Thanks a lot. Our TV is on Robert Irwin overload to the point I change chanels.
Dancing, Im a celebrity get me outa here, adds with him, adds about him in shows, adds about him in shows that aren't even gonna air for 2 months but are on about 50 times a day, news stories about him. Every single day its "ROBERT FLAMIN IRWIN"! Now here, my only Irwin escape happy place its "ROBERT FLAMIN IRWIN"
View attachment 2237961
And they pay him ! I'm sure he is nice enough bloke.... But he seems a bit too nice.... you know.....Like he enjoys the company of men a bit. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: ...not that there is anything wrong with that. :dontknow::icon_scratch:
Tragic loss of his young dad sucks. His mom is from Eugene Oregon !
 
Last edited:
And they pay him ! I'm sure he is nice enough bloke.... But he seems a bit too nice.... you know.....Like he enjoys the company of men a bit. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: ...not that there is anything wrong with that. :dontknow::icon_scratch:
Tragic loss of his young dad sucks. His mom is from Eugene Oregon !
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't dislike him at all its just that he really is on our TV dozens of times every day! Day after day after month after month.
Yeah, Steve Irwin was a tragedy waiting to happen. Not just myself, I used to say it all the time, but many many others who knew the dangers of the things he got too up close and personal with "he's gonna die doing this stuff soon". And he did, one of those things that you get right but wish it didn't happen and you got wrong. I think it was inevitable to be honest. He pushed way past the boundaries for fame and notoriety and payed the ultimate price. He was a truly nice bloke by all accounts but he took things too far. I don't call his death an accident, it was recklessness for likes.
You'd see him face to face with a huge Brown snake and go "oh he is so going to die doing this stuff" 🫤
 
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't dislike him at all its just that he really is on our TV dozens of times every day! Day after day after month after month.
Yeah, Steve Irwin was a tragedy waiting to happen. Not just myself, I used to say it all the time, but many many others who knew the dangers of the things he got too up close and personal with "he's gonna die doing this stuff soon". And he did, one of those things that you get right but wish it didn't happen and you got wrong. I think it was inevitable to be honest. He pushed way past the boundaries for fame and notoriety and payed the ultimate price. He was a truly nice bloke by all accounts but he took things too far. I don't call his death an accident, it was recklessness for likes.
You'd see him face to face with a huge Brown snake and go "oh he is so going to die doing this stuff" 🫤
The part about Steve Irwin's death is that NO ONE would of ever thought that a stingray would be the death of him, most of us would of thought crocodile or snake would be the culprit, I was very surprised when I heard how he died!
 
The part about Steve Irwin's death is that NO ONE would of ever thought that a stingray would be the death of him, most of us would of thought crocodile or snake would be the culprit, I was very surprised when I heard how he died!
True. I used to think a snake hitting his face or neck. But he got too close to that ray and I bet he reached out for it. Where it hit him he had to be directly over it and way too close. Iv seen pictures of their tail barbs that have punched through peoples legs including bone and even small boat hulls. When I used to wade out beach fishing in Queensland throwing lures id always shuffle forward slowly and keep an eye out around my feet so if there was one there I didn't step on it. Id see plenty but always by the way I waded they would scoot off. But yeah agree, a stingray was surprising.
 
Nice, is that from a painting?

Dunno.
A random find scrolling another site.
That's a painting by Alfredo Rodríguez, he paints old west Cowboys/pioneers/miners/Mountain men/Native American Indians type paintings.

Here's are links to his paintings.
Miners

Cowboys

Mountain Men

Native Americans

Pioneers
 
Last edited:
That's a painting by Alfredo Rodríguez, he paints old west Cowboys/pioneers/miners/Mountain men/Native American Indians type paintings.

Here's are links to his paintings.
Miners

Cowboys

Mountain Men

Native Americans

Pioneers
They're wonderful. That's the type of art I love, I can only imagine how good they'd look in real life. There's an art gallery here in Bendigo that has a few paintings like that, not miners but that realistic style. They're amazing to look at. That's skill.
The second miner one looks like my old Viet vet mate in Queensland though I wouldn't tell him that. 😄
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom